The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Dungeon & Raid Performances

Moderators: Sumsion, Schmo

Cataclysm

Dungeon & Raid Performances

Post by Cataclysm » Wed May 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Thought i would take the time to talk about our Guild's Performance in accordance with Mythic Plus Dungeons and Raiding in regarding are progressing through this expansion and expansions to come.

Dungeons
Run each dungeon on Normal, Heroic, Mythic and Mythic plus (2's and 3's) difficulty before you step into Mythic plus with affixes. Yes, things will be harder in M+, but boss mechanics don't change. When a group forms up and steps into a higher mythic plus dungeon and hear "I've never been here before" from someone, it does not fill me with warm fuzzy feelings.

Dungeon Affixes
It's extremely important to know what each M+ affix does and how to deal with it. Affix List will tell you what affixes are active this week and has explanations of what each and every affix does. (Hope it stays updated)

Obtaining Gear
For a good view on all that BFA will have to offer please vist Gearing up in Battle for Azeroth on the WoW Head site for a full description.

Take the initiative and form your own groups
Discord is a wonderful tool for getting groups together. When people see you in there being social and offering to organize groups, you will get noticed. The fact of the matter is that most people want to get their key done with as little hassle as possible. Some times its better to start with a lower key and work your way up. Taking a chance on untested players means taking the chance that you'll be in that Arcway+13 for 4 hours. Nobody wants to be in Arcway for 4 hours. Showing people that you know what you're doing and that you're willing to shoulder responsibility yourself goes a long way toward convincing them you're someone they want to bring along.

Pugging
One other thing i would just like to mention, if you cannot find a full guild group to do mythic plus dungeons don't be afraid to PUG. I know it is not preferred, but you can get through the dungeons with PUGS. It was how i learned for the most part when i was learning the different affixes and such. Most likely, when you then do get a full guild group things will be easier because guildies usually work better together, and you are used to working with random people.

Just don't be afraid to PUG guys, its not THAT bad. And if you do happen to get a not so great group one time then you either tough it out or agree to call the quits and move on to the next one. No big deal.

Raiding
Normal, Heroic and Mythic Raiding progression some times we are needing to sit people do to there performance. For this we are sorry, but it is needed in order to accomplish the goals of getting the boss or bosses down. Some times we even have to go above and beyond our current raiding schedule and combined the 2 groups on an unsanctioned day such as the Monday in order to get the boss down so that people are getting the loot from it to progress our 2 raid groups.

If you are being sat during raids due to poor performance please take the time to ask questions in regards to why you are being sat. There could be many different reasons as to why. Please take the time after the raid or on another date to get with your raid leaders or fellow officers and ask the question "What can I do to improve?". There are many different ways we can check via our Grievance Class Guides, Grievance Warcraft Logs as well as inputting the logs into the WoWAnalyzer. These tools will assist us and you on how to better understand what your doing wrong. Could be as simple as not using an ability enough or you might not have never used it at all due to its not on your bar. Please ask for assistance.

Know the Raid
There are a ton of videos and guides online. It takes a few pulls for everyone to learn the fight, but basics should be known well ahead of coming into raid.

Please never take it personal if you get called out or removed from the raid. The raid leaders and officers assisting in the raids have to think of the other 20+ raiders it might be effecting. Be Positive when the night is going south, it’s easy for tempers to sneak up on people. Take constructive criticism and use it to learn and grow. Help your fellow teammates to improve where needed. No one here is perfect so check your ego at the door and DO NOT let your temper get the better of you.

Personal responsibility
Take in account your own personal responsibility to realize that you are doing poor. Most people have some sorta meter to see for them selves how they are doing on a Boss by Boss, Pull by Pull. If you feel you are doing poorly step out of the raid or don't do such a high key until your ready. Don't wait to be removed from the raid or never get invited into a higher mythic plus dungeon then get upset at the raid leader or person getting the mythic plus group together because you where removed or not invited. Again. Contact your Raid leader(s), Officers or other Members for assistance, We are here to assist you.

Help your self
Please don't expect the guild to bend over backwards to gear you up or carry you either in regards to Mythic Plus Dungeons or Raiding. As individuals do what you can through crafting, Dungeons (Normal/Heroic/Mythic/Mythic Plus), Looking for Raids, etc. Outside of asking fellow raiders for help, you can go to class forums on mmo-champion, class discord, Ask Mr. Robot. and WoW Head Class Guides to see how others are handling a specific boss/mechanic and achieving high DPS/DMG, Healing and Survivability. Then put that knowledge into practice with some Training Dummys, Mythic Plus Dungeons or LFR (Remember to always follow Mechanics). It's helpful to review the Grievance Warcraft Logs and use other tools like WoW Analyzer to see how you are performing.

Know Your Class (Spec) – This means knowing your rotation, which talents are best for which fights, and what utilities you bring to the table and how to use them. This includes but is not limited to: Immunes, Stuns/Interrupts/Slows, Movement Buffs, Battle Res, Raid CDs, Taunts, etc.

Know Your Gear – Everyone should know their stat priorities and which gear pieces would benefit them the most for which fights. Gear should also be enchanted appropriately and have gems if applicable.

Raid / Mythic Plus Logging
For the most part the raid leaders are always logging the raid for that night. Logs are always available at Grievance WoW Alliance Logs. But if your looking to know more information when not in a raid please take the time to make your own account and start logging your own Mythic Plus Dungeons as well as any raid you do.

People are always struggling with trying to figure out how this bloody system works. Well here it is.. a very good video on Warcraft logs for beginners this is a step by step guide on how to use logs and better understand it.

Spoiler: show

Raid Analyzer
With all of the above being said on how to look at your Warcraft Log. Now you can Link your warcraft logs into WoW Analyzer

What WoW Analyzer does, is it takes your Warcraft Log.. and breaks it down to see what you did Wrong.. as well as Right. Now with that said.. its not always 100% proper and you need to take this with a grain of salt.. But... it will assist you. It works.. it helped me out huge.

Take the Warcraft Log of that day you want to look at that you where in.. Copy the URL.. Paste in the WoW Analyzer and poof.... check it out. If you have questions please ask.

Above all, remember
This is a game. The content may be tough. The tensions may get high.
The key is to remember we are all on the same team.
We will continue to update this post as information changes.
Also, please feel freeto provide us with any feedback you may have!

time987

Re: Dungeon & Raid Performances

Post by time987 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:20 am

and if all else fails cata loves left sharks..

Weeman

Post by Weeman » Thu May 24, 2018 8:22 am

Great post. One other thing i would just like to mention, if you cannot find a full guild group to do mythic plus dungeons don't be afraid to PUG. I know it is not preferred, but you can get through the dungeons with PUGS. It was how i learned for the most part when i was learning the different affixes and such. Most likely, when you then do get a full guild group things will be easier because guildies usually work better together, and you are used to working with random people :P

Just don't be afraid to PUG guys, its not THAT bad. And if you do happen to get a not so great group one time then you either tough it out or agree to call the quits and move on to the next one. No big deal.

Cataclysm

Post by Cataclysm » Thu May 24, 2018 11:09 am

Weeman wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:22 am
Great post. One other thing i would just like to mention, if you cannot find a full guild group to do mythic plus dungeons don't be afraid to PUG. I know it is not preferred, but you can get through the dungeons with PUGS. It was how i learned for the most part when i was learning the different affixes and such. Most likely, when you then do get a full guild group things will be easier because guildies usually work better together, and you are used to working with random people :P

Great addition i forgot to mention.. so i added it to the list.. thanks weeman

Cataclysm

Post by Cataclysm » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Removed the info regarding Order hall chests...

Added in Obtaining Gear under Dungeons.