The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

What are we doing wrong on H High Command?

Moderators: Sumsion, Schmo

supernaut

What are we doing wrong on H High Command?

Post by supernaut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Why does super think we are doing this wrong?
Looking at the parses from the kill on Sunday Warcraft Logs - Grievance - Heroic High Command Ranking, our dps is abysmal. We are fundamentally doing something wrong.

Why is super always a jerk and complaining about DPS?
I actually am not. I started this research wondering if this was a tanking issue with our positioning. DPS on this fight should be all cleave during add phases which made me think, are adds spawning at pre-determined positions that tanks should make sure the boss is at? I looked at many of our replays to see patterns in add placement and I think it should always spawn on the boss not pre-determined positions.

So for those of you that enjoy bettering yourselves by looking at logs/parses, I give you the following link:
Heroic High Command Guild Kills by Speed for iLvl 944-946. Search those parses for people playing your spec with legendaries you have and see what they are doing and what we can be doing better.

Torvi

Re: What are we doing wrong on H High Command?

Post by Torvi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Step it up Red! :P

You guys will get it!

zcat5000

Post by zcat5000 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Need to do more of...

mintolos

Post by mintolos » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Thank you Super this was exactly what i was talking about to my raid when i looked at logs during our raid.

Cataclysm

Post by Cataclysm » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:23 am

I know for myself with logs. And looking at others logs. It would seem 2 things.

1. It looks like I should not be in a pod unless someone dies and I'm called apron.

2. I need to not chase the adds and lose out on x dps as well as lose on my rotation while chasing melee adds after there done with blade storm.

Along with some minor tweaks maybe I can get my dps and dmg done up there better.

Thanks for the post super.

Taevarth

Post by Taevarth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:08 am

Things I can improve upon:

GEAR: I know for me, I do not have a top 4 legendary, so I will be praying to the wow gods! At least having 2 piece in the new tier will help as well. I can improve my legendary chances by running more mythic pluses and grinding out all of the LFR's instead of just doing the newer ones. As for the Tier I desperately need, I need to pug the rest of the bosses I missed for the week.

PLAY: After looking over the fight, I see that my position was off a bit. I spent too much time running a longer distance than I should. By picking a smarter position closer to the boss and the next travel point, I will a be able to pump out more spells that have too low of a cast % like Mind Blast.

Pipwink: Looking up a well known Mythic raiding Affliction lock on youtube. He has strats for all bosses for her spec.

It being a new raid tier, it's time to step up our game and put in more work outside of the raid times. Mythi cpluses, looking up guides and class websites, all of these will help. If you're not sure where to start, ask, we're all here to help each other out : )
Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.

supernaut

Post by supernaut » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:45 pm

zcat5000 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 pm
Need to do more of...

Stale you going boom chicken because thats all i see with that gif?

Taevarth wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:08 am
PLAY: After looking over the fight, I see that my position was off a bit. I spent too much time running a longer distance than I should. By picking a smarter position closer to the boss and the next travel point, I will a be able to pump out more spells that have too low of a cast % like Mind Blast.

Pipwink: Looking up a well known Mythic raiding Affliction lock on youtube. He has strats for all bosses for her spec.
Tae: Good idea...you thinking to tend more towards the center of the room?
Pip: If you are talking about Yipz, he made some recent posts on youtube.

I pugged a Normal as Warrior and all that was done was to stay in front of the pod and just stay there and deal with everything. The only tank movement was moving from one pod to another when new pods open. Mind you this is normal and the healing requirement may be high to just sit there which bladestorms are possibly going off on melee. Other thought is to just sit in place unless
1) All mobs are dead
2) Mines get out of control around the bosss.
3) Need to get to a beacon

zcat5000

Post by zcat5000 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Boom chicken is God in this fight.

For those of us that aren't as fortunate:

1st pod. 2 healers need to get in to maximize the dps time with heroism. Off tank need to run around and pop 3 mines, wait for stacks to fall, run over 3 mines again. Keep 3 stacks of mines debuff because the mines will pop themselves after a set time (usually around pod 3).

Assign dps for pod1 during 2nd round. No mine popping during 2nd round.

3 range dps at max range to attract charge-ww.

Focus target on pyro and stay out of ww. Cleave ww add and single dps them only if necessary.

apolyon
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by apolyon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Question I have is whether the damage we do while in a pod counts towards the person's damage. I know when I'm in pod 1, with the exception of '2' hitting multiple adds as they spawn, the dps from the '1' key is less than my non-shattered ice lances being spammed while moving :( I liked the changes we made on Tuesday ... seemed to be much cleaner with beacons not so far spread and dps sticking closer to the middle.