The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Raiding Restructure

Moderators: Sumsion, Schmo

Cataclysm

Raiding Restructure

Post by Cataclysm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Raiding and Beyond
As we move forward within Grievance and its raiding we will be performing the new following actions. We will be restructuring our Raiding Information Section as well as our Raid Roster & Groups. Please be advised that we are doing this so that all aspects of raiding can be enjoyed by all members of our guild. We will be having the standard Raid Roster as is so we will still see what is needed more or less of. We will be restructuring the Raid Groups so that it will show 2 different sections of raiding.

We will always attempt to get every one a shot on heroic progression. Some times it will take longer then expected. We will get Heroic content down and we will always strive to get all raiders the last boss down. Please stay calm, Please don't get upset and these goals will come sooner then later. We are a guild that pushes its values of Family, Honor and Loyalty.

Raid Leader Clause
The Raid Leader reserves the right to make decisions that may at times supersede and/or contradict the Raid Rules of the Guild. These decisions must never be made lightly and always be done with the betterment of the guild as a whole in mind. The Raid Leader also has last word on all decisions concerning the Raid. All decisions made by the Raid Leader can and will be reviewed and/or over ruled by the Guild Leader or Executive Officer to ensure fairness to all members.

Sportsmanship Clause
As stated before every accomplishment is an accomplishment for the guild. Every defeat is a defeat for the guild. We will NOT have infighting of bickering of any kind. If you are derogatory in any way to any person in the guild, on the other team, on your team, or not on a team at all there will be consequences. First offense is a warning. Second offense is a week long ban from raiding. Third offense is a month long ban from raiding. Fourth offense is a total ban from raiding. We don't want to lose any of our raiders so be nice to people!

Normal Difficulty Raids
Normal raids will be held of all raiders that meet the requirements of the Raiding information. They must have basic knowledge of the mechanics pertaining to there Class and Spec. They will have to have done and completed LFR once. Normal clear supersede the need for you to go clear LFR. Logs must show on the world of warcraft armory.

Heroic Difficulty Raids
Heroic raids will be for the raiders that can perform do the best of there ability's, while understanding the proper mechanics pertaining to there Class and Spec. They must have completed one full clear of normal and it must show on there logs on the world of warcraft armory.

New Raid Tier
When a new raid tier comes upon us these above rules are void due to LFR is not fully out as well as we wont have full clear on normal. One week after the last LFR tier as been released all rules will come into effect with no exceptions. (Most of the Above rules will fall on New Recruits or Members looking to become Raiders)

Switching Main Raider
Only one toon per member will be afforded the Raider Rank. Should a Raider decide they wish to have another one of their toons assigned the Raider Rank, they must formally request the change on the Raid Roster forum and the toon they now wish to become their raider, must meet raid requirements at the time of the request - no exceptions. The request will be reviewed by the Leadership Team for approval. Until the request is approved and your on the Raid Roster, no change is made. However, once the request has been approved, the Raider Rank designation will be changed in game and the player is now expected to raid with that toon. There will be only ONE switch aloud per raid tier.

Keeping the Raider Rank
- Rage quitting, we all get frustrated, either at the raid or real life issues. Please remove yourself from the raid situation as your toxic nature could spill over to the rest of the raid.

Progression Bosses
Every Progression Boss will pose a problem for any guild. This is a team effort downing these bosses. Especially during progression, a handful of individuals can not carry the group to success. We are all in this together. There will be times where we will have to remove or add raiders. There will be times where we will have to remove raiders based on there knowledge of mechanics pertaining to your Class and Spec. There DPS/Dmg done, Healing ability's or Tanking ability's. Please don't take this to heart. We are all striving for the same result of defeating Heroic content. We might not get the Progression boss down for Days or Weeks, but we will get it down.

Attempts
Raiding requires a certain amount of commitment, from learning your class to learning the mechanics of fights (which also includes learning the differences between normal and heroic). We will address the situation as it arises to attempt at defeating the farm or progression bosses. We will always go for three or more attempts on any bosses with all raiders before removing, but please have personal responsibility to remove your self if you know your failing at a boss.

Raider Rank
The raider rank (Raider) in the guild that makes it easier for the leaders to see who is interested in progression raiding. Raiders will be invited to the raids first before any recruit rank. All raiders must be max level with knowledge of their class, as well as boss mechanics that pertain to there class. Recruits won't be eligible for raider rank until they have been in the guild long enough to gain member status (3 weeks).

All raiders MUST be gemmed, enchanted, repaired and be of the appropriate item level. Additionally, raiders must come with a supply of flasks and food that's appropriate for their class. We will try to help supplement raider's supplies by making food and flasks available during a raid but supplies may be limited so it's best not to rely solely on them being made available. This is nothing new so should not be a problem.

If you need help with preparing for a raid or for raiding in general, please ask one of the officers or other raiders for help.

Removed
When learning new content its always harder to judge what level of DPS/Damage Done or Healing or Tanking that is needed to down a boss. For this we will be using various websites, guides, and our own learning to move forward. With this in mind we will be removing under performing raiders. If you are removed please either remain in channel in case called back in or log out a calmly manner. Get with your Raid leader as they will explain why you were removed.

Know your class role on a raid
Some of you are new to raiding and some of you have been asked by the guild to switch to another class/spec that you may not be used to playing. Learn your Class/Spec pertaining to raiding and what is expected of you. Know the Boss mechanics of normal and heroics 0that pertain to your class/spec. DonÔÇÖt wait until raid time to figure it out! If you have any questions at all, get with the Raid Leader, Officers or other raiders as soon as possible during a non-raiding time. Every one is willing to assist you.

Help your self
Please don't expect the guild to bend over backwards to gear you up or carry you. As individuals do what you can through crafting, Dungeons (Normal/Heroic/Mythic/Mythic Plus), Looking for Raids, etc. Outside of asking fellow raiders for help, you can go to class forums on mmo-champion, class discord, Ask Mr. Robot. and youtube to see how others are handling a specific boss/mechanic and achieving high DPS/DMG, Healing and Survivability. Then put that knowledge into practice with some high M+'s. It's helpful to review the Grievance Warcraft Logs and use other tools like CheckMyWow to see how you are performing.

Open Night (Mains/Alts/Members)
Every Sunday we will be opening up our raiding to all "Members". Open night gives back to all the members that want to see some harder content of raiding with crazier mechanics. We will attempt at full clears as well explaining boss fights to you. There are no sign ups just show up prepared (ask if unsure). Open night still falls under all the rules.

Raid Requirements (Added to existing)
2 Legendaries (Heroic)

Druid Mafia - Mintolos

Tanks
Swim - Swimdk
Frits - Hercinne
Mintolos - altobbay
Agatong55 - Agatong

Healers
GilroyKilroy - GilroyKilroy
Padushka - Padushka
Dhaxis - Dhaxis
alley - Torvi
drfunk - funkmd

DPS - Melee
Rutilusnex - Rutilusnex
zcat5000 - Staletala
Cyborgmonk - Cyborgmonk
Avasti - Avasti
Daozi - Daozi
Tyramane - Teirandash
Elz - Elzwar
Feroshous - Ruckous

DPS - Range
Snapshot84 - Roseweaver
Araxien - Araxein
Lycux - Lycux
Stun - Deedrit
Brainresin- Whoflungdo
Dededwarior - Dededmage
Seyella - Laorne
Bruenerr - Lockbrue
tallmike - dirtydotz

Frost lords - (Zandow)

Tanks
Raille - Railletoo
Relictus - Relictus
supernaut - Lucascage

Healers
Isilaura - Isilaura
Terella - Tirella
Van - Vanhealàn
Daarglen - Daarglen
Starlysa - Starlissa

DPS - Melee
Elumako - Elumodicum
Zandow - Saintk
Jiofreed - Ramuu
Cataclysm - Catacritters
Wedgebert - McPunchy
Soulquake - Pr├┤phits
Boonetaltech - Shamboone
Kyte - Elanya

DPS - Range
Sumsion - Sumsion
ellisokj - Allabe
Jackburton - Jackburtone
Kuroikenshin - Lorenai
Skye - Skyewolfe
Aevyri - Aeviana
Jnav - Jnav
mohankarthik - Helscreamer
Zahgore - Zuhrum

Cataclysm

Re: Raiding Restructure

Post by Cataclysm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 pm

This new system will not come into effect until Sept 5th.

If you have any questions about it please feel free to talk to your Raid leader of your group. As well as any officer.

drfunk
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Post by drfunk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 pm

IMO: Druid Mafia does not have maiden on farm

Cataclysm

Post by Cataclysm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm

A Farm boss consist of a boss that is downed every week within 2-3 attempts.

Brainresin
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Post by Brainresin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Well for me I will have to say that these new rules are complete BS. I don't raid to do the easy stuff, If I wanted that I would do LFR over and over . No it sounds like you would like nine of us to "stop wasting your time" the only problem is we don't see it as a waste of time, you see we are learning the boss just like you, I may be slower at it then you but that is no reason to kick me to the curb. How else am i going to learn Heroic? PUG with another guild? because mine thinks i waste their time. The whole point of Raiding is the challenge, without it, it's LFR, so no thanks.

drfunk
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Post by drfunk » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am

Cataclysm wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm
Using your own definintion, Maiden is not on farm.

supernaut

Post by supernaut » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:02 am

Cataclysm wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:14 pm
Failure to follow all Raiding Rules will result in you being invited into Normal or Heroic raids.

:o :o :o
So...we are not supposed to follow the rules if we want an invite? You may want to clean this up on your next revision Cata. :lol:

Cataclysm

Post by Cataclysm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:51 am

That's why we post things early to get feed back from our raiders and members. Thanks so far every one. Skye is not here to clean up my good old fashion Canadian speaking..lol

Isilaura

Re: RE: Re: Raiding Restructure

Post by Isilaura » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:28 am

drfunk wrote:
Cataclysm wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm
Using your own definintion, Maiden is not on farm.
We will come up with a better word for it. Thanks Funk.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Agatong55
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Agatong55 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:28 pm

So im just going to say this:

There is a reason why people are in normal mode, like new people starting off in normal, but as we discussed about these new rules, a lot of it comes towards people know mechanics and there classes:
Normal (N) - If you have a "N" next to your name that means you can only go to the normal raids until the raid leader has seen that you can prove your self to move forward into the harder content. In order to advance to the Heroic Difficulty Raids you must be pulling adequate DPS/DMG, Healing and Tanking. You must have full understanding of the mechanics pertaining to there Class and Spec. Staying alive and following orders given.
Just having people who have the ilvl doesnt mean that much in this expansion, its easy to get geared, but only pulling sub par numbers on fights for HPS and DPS will require that person to figure out what they can do to improve just by ether changing a couple of stats, getting the right gear, etc etc, just cause you have the ilvl doesnt mean you pull the numbers that you should be.

Next part and the second / just as important as knowing your class, knowing mechanics, just going into a fight blind or thinking that you know the fight cause you did it on lfr doesn't mean anything, mechanics especially as this expansion has expanded has became more and more important, so dying every fight to the same thing over and over again, shows that person doesnt know the mechanics and / or should read the guides then prove that they know what they are doing.

The officers and raid leaders read the logs a lot of we see everything from numbers to how people move and do the mechanics.

I myself have sat out of raid a lot cause im not 100% with the mechanics yet in tos nor do i pull the dps numbers, I also have sat out this expansion a lot ether if it was mage or my pally cause of my numbers and i felt like i was holding everyone back, but thats the way i think, How would the team felt if we had to carry people me just cause im doing subpar, which needs to be in a lot of peoples mindset imo, but me or others cant force people how to think or there actions.

We have asked a lot of people to sit this expansion, its insane, but we are doing what we need to do to down bosses all together, yes its not going to make a lot of people happy but as a guild as a whole it really does help.

Another thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP, IF IT IS FOR A CLASS QUESTIONS, MECHANIC ISSUE, ETC ETC DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK! THAT IS ONE OF OUR BIGGEST THINGS IMO PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP!
Steam Id : Acaldra439
Battle.Net: Acaldra55#1295