Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Re: Raiding Restructure

Post by drfunk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:57 am

+1 Jack

Torvi

Post by Torvi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:43 am

Great point Jack. I certainly felt that way when we joined up and EN heroic was on farm here. Rut and I felt overwhelmed by it for about a month while other raiders knew the drill so I can understand that point completely.

supernaut

Post by supernaut » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:08 am

I am for these changes.

To re-iterate what has been repeated throughout this thread, people need to ask for help. There may be an issue of people don't know to ask for help. Failing to mechanics is an easy thing for one to spot but regarding DPS/HPS or survivability, this maybe harder for others to spot. Raiders (not just officers and Raid Leaders) should be reviewing their performance each boss pull to gauge how they are doing. This can be done during raid with Skada/Details to see DPS and HPS. Later, it's helpful to review the warcraft logs and use other tools like CheckMyWow to see how you are performing. If you see another class with your spec (or possibly not your spec) at somewhat the same ilvl doing much better DPS/HPS than you on a pull then reach out and ask them.

Outside of asking fellow raiders for help, you can go to class forums on mmo-champion, class discord, and youtube to see how others are handling a specific boss/mechanic and achieving high HPS/DPS/Survivability. Then put that knowledge into practice with some high M+'s where mobs last longer than a heroic dungeon.

This is a team effort downing these bosses. Especially during progression, a handful of individuals can not carry the group to success. We are all in this together.

However, if you are not putting in the effort to better your performance in raid, you have to expect to be asked to sit.

Trocien
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Trocien » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:26 pm

I am not raiding but though these changes might seem scary at first, I feel will be for the best. It has a measurable means of self-improvement. A path of progression for yourself as an individual contributor as well.

Who knows. Maybe one day my LFR-Hero might go pug some Normal to reach the next level myself.

Elumako

Post by Elumako » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:13 pm

"Closed mouths don't get fed."

gilroykilroy
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gilroykilroy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

I'll just say I disagree with management and will leave it at that (as to not say something that would get me banned from the guild ;) )

Avasti
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Post by Avasti » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:39 pm

https://www.checkmywow.com/

From Supernaut, I've never seen/heard of this site before and so far it's pretty damned amazing. Great way to compare rotation/CD management vs other logs of similar players/gear etc.

https://www.wipefest.net/

From Reddit, haven't had a chance to play with it extensively, but looks really promising.

Cataclysm

Post by Cataclysm » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:15 am

I want to thank all the Officers, Raiders and members that made all the comments related to the new Restructure.

These are the following changes..... (All changes are on the first topic)

Removing the Branding.
Tweaked some of the new rules.
added in the Attempts section under Progression Bosses.
Changed the Raider Rank section
Removed Temporary Spec Change from under "What if i want to run my alts?"
Added in "Open Night" under "What if i want to run my alts?"
Moved around some topics

Alliawai
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Alliawai » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:39 am

I am hoping to get back to raiding in a week or two. My sewing should be done then. Also my wrist is doing way better. I still have fatigue in it. As always when I come back I will gladly step out for the guild to down something. I am a slow learner and my elemental spec has not done well this expac at all.

I like spelling it out this way and am glad that you decided to remove the "branding". Raid leaders will know whom should sit with out the rest of the raid having as much foreknowledge. Everyone looking at their own raid meters will see who is falling down on numbers, or dieing too often to mechanics.

I would love for there to be a before raid tutorial on the logs one Saturday and how to make sense of them. Mokio has tried explaining them to me but I open them everytime and stare at it uncomprehending what it all means. I am East Coast so by the time the raid is done so am I, also why I sometimes step out early. Plus if you are going over it in a TS channel with others they may have questions I might not have thought to ask but that would help me understand. And yes I have tried the other site, I am old and just do not grasp all the stuff I guess. This may help new people that have never used these sites.

One of my personal pet peeves was always people not being at the raid location fully ready to go. Yes our raid leaders tend to form and start our raids before actual raid time. However, it would not be as big an issue if you know you wont get there until close to raid time and you log off with all your gems, enchants, food and flasks at the raid entrance. Be prepared and be ready. IMO no one including tanks should count on getting a summon to the raid.

drfunk
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Post by drfunk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:15 pm