The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Satyrical Treants Suggestion to run Herioc EN on Tuesday

Moderators: Sumsion, Schmo

supernaut

Satyrical Treants Suggestion to run Herioc EN on Tuesday

Post by supernaut » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:07 pm

I would make this a poll, but I would leave it up to the Glorious Raid Leader to determine if this suggestion should even be put on the table.

Could we start Tuesday with Heroic EN in hopes of having an extra session of possibly downing Xavius? I believe this is the last week for the AOTC achievement unless its gated by Nighthold instead of Trials of Valor.

Cataclysm

Re: Satyrical Treants Suggestion to run Herioc EN on Tuesday

Post by Cataclysm » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:40 pm

Keep in mind that by not doing normal. It gives you 7 less chances for a Legendary item. I dont know about you. But the 7 chances to get one IMO far out ways getting AOTC achievement. Also the fact that leaves out each boss for you or someone NOT getting a 895 pc of loot.

Only takes 1hr and 30min (or less) if you hunker down and kill all of normal. Plus if u can get 1 boss down or even 2 down on heroic. That gives you a better chance.

supernaut

Post by supernaut » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:25 pm

Cata-
Interesting thoughts. How many of use have gotten legendaries from EN Normal drops? Alli is the only one that comes to mind. Maybe Oassiss? I think we get more on Tuesdays from people opening up their class order chests.

So for 1.5 hours, we have a low opportunity to get a legendary. If we consider that a majority of the raiders going into heroics have a base level of EN Normal gear or higher, then there is an equally low chance to get an upgrade since it will need to proc titanforge.

So we spend 1.5 hours to get a low chance for an upgrade (where the raiders with my assumption of gear will not use their seals on bonus rolls) instead of going into EN Heroic where there is a higher probability of getting upgrades since the average raider is geared with EN Normal gear or higher.

If we were not 6/7 I would not suggest this. Also our Glorious Raid Leader has stated that DPS was not the issue with the Xavius fight...just getting tighter with mechanics.

Anyway this was a thought for discussion and I leave it up to Shak to determine if we do the EN Normal skip on Tuesday. I am also not stating we do not go back to EN Normal for the week.

Weeman

Post by Weeman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:53 pm

My thoughts on the matter is that while I think normal is still worth it to run, we should be pushing heroic more as a priority. It seems Tuesday's we have a full roster for normals, and then when Friday and Saturday rolls around we are having a hard time with our raid group due to absences, mainly our healers it seems as of late. I think we should push Heroics earlier in the week while we have our roster and then if time allows on Saturday we run through the normal raid and knock it out. Those are just my thoughts. Whatever Shak or our group decides to do I will stand behind.

Epicfell
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Epicfell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:04 pm

I got my legendary off of EM normal spider. The day I got my legendary, there were at least three people total, from both raid groups, that got legendaries. Both groups were running normal.

We also had a few new members in the raid. We were able to help get them some gear by passing the gear that some of us did not need.

While I agree that we should be pushing heroic progression, Cata has valid arguments. We four healed most of normal, which allowed us to push dps and down bosses faster.

supernaut

Post by supernaut » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:29 pm

We ended up running Heroic and went 5/5 for the night. Lots of useful drops for all involved.

Hopefully we will have enough on Friday to continue based on the number of people attending blizzcon.

Shakikhan
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Shakikhan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:03 pm

Satyrical Treants are undoubtedly passed normal EN. We will be running normal EN as a means to gear non-raid guild members.

This week Satyrical Treants will be focusing on Trials of Valor (Normal) and Emerald Nightmare (Heroic) with Emerald Nightmare (Normal) taking a back seat.

Here is a comprehensive guide in all the fights on Trials of Valor: http://www.worldofmoudi.com/7-1-trial-o ... raid-guide

Read up!