Plans for the chapter?

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: Plans for the chapter?

Post by fazed » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:04 am

Sharess wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:20 pm
Odd, all the things I've looked at reference it as RVR (faction vs faction in siege mode etc)

The RvR is the zone running into other factions zones, I hope they do add some kind of DAOC castle seige thing for this though.

The Seiges were the Attacking/defending large scale pvp (100v100) though in this video it's like 300 v 200. I'm honestly a bit confused though as the 300 vs 200 seems a bit heavy on one side, did they go away from the over 100 players in 1 map in the past year? Or is this something specific to Ru gameplay that we won't see?

He can claim 500+ all he wants it's not 500

Types Of PvP In Bless

Territory Wars - Territory Wars is an all out clan war, and there is a bidding system. Bidding happens every two weeks, and you use points to bid on them. Your guild can also sell their points. Yes, politics is a thing. After winning the clan war, you get chests, which hold the best gear in the entire game. Your guild leader can choose who get's what. So if you don't help your guild, guess what happens?

Castle Sieges - This starts at level 37 and it's instanced based (100 v 100), and you must know how to do it or you will always lose/never be able to help your team.

Arenas - 3v3 Player vs Player. Also, 15v15 (Thank you @Zephyr_Bless)

Open World PvP - Self explanatory. You cannot kill your own faction

Guild War Declaration - You can declare War on any guild you see fit, including your own faction, in which case you then can kill people in your own faction, but only in that guild.

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by fazed » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:10 am

Sharess wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:25 am
Oh my hopes aren't up/down for anything like that, thanks for the concern on that though :) Just have some very pvp focused friends wanting to bash virtual skulls and looking for a home to do it under. I know we've had some prior very pve focused things and some pvp focused in the past in other chapters, was just making sure if I referred people here looking for that kind of atmosphere they wouldn't get frustrated at lack of guildies looking for the same thing.
It's very had to answer this right now. We have 0 information to base it off our version. Every version KR,RU,JP all had different end game goals for PVP. RU open world PVP was very rewarding gear wise. But again this version was shut down due to a greedy publisher. Lots of p2w in it. JP again a different publisher nerfed all open world PvP rewards and there is no real benefit of doing it other than to grief. PvP gear from JP comes from doing the 100v100. In KR again different publisher gets its PVP from arenas.

Sharess
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Sharess » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 am

Sounds good and sounds like we'll have enough here to offer them in the way of sating their PvP blood lust. Sorry if I made it sound like they were only interested in PvP, that may be their core interest in Bless Online but they also like to do difficult PvEcontent as well. It looks like the game/chapter will have enough of a varying interest that we'll be able to offer a lot of everything when we get rolling on our way to guild level 15.

That's something of interest Fazed, if we're capped at 15 with a max of 150 members, will we be looking at doing surrogate guilds Grievance 2.0 Grievance 3.0 etc if we end up getting that size (like we did with the start on BDO ?)

Obviously the main focus would be getting one guild up and running to max capacity first and obviously we'll have to see what happens when they launch NA and what changes they will bring to the current system but has there been much thought if we have more than 150 active players and or what to do with active alts one might be playing?

Reason I am asking is I remember there was a chatter issue/disconnect between the guilds in BDO (or was it Blade and Soul I forget) where there was more chatter one one than the other so it always felt like you were out of the loop. Maybe they'll add an ingame chat window with a max of 500 or something so this query might be moot, just something I was thinking about.

If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Discord: Sharess#3860

Twistbeard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Twistbeard » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:57 am

Sharess wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 am
Sounds good and sounds like we'll have enough here to offer them in the way of sating their PvP blood lust. Sorry if I made it sound like they were only interested in PvP, that may be their core interest in Bless Online but they also like to do difficult PvEcontent as well. It looks like the game/chapter will have enough of a varying interest that we'll be able to offer a lot of everything when we get rolling on our way to guild level 15.

That's something of interest Fazed, if we're capped at 15 with a max of 150 members, will we be looking at doing surrogate guilds Grievance 2.0 Grievance 3.0 etc if we end up getting that size (like we did with the start on BDO ?)

Obviously the main focus would be getting one guild up and running to max capacity first and obviously we'll have to see what happens when they launch NA and what changes they will bring to the current system but has there been much thought if we have more than 150 active players and or what to do with active alts one might be playing?

Reason I am asking is I remember there was a chatter issue/disconnect between the guilds in BDO (or was it Blade and Soul I forget) where there was more chatter one one than the other so it always felt like you were out of the loop. Maybe they'll add an ingame chat window with a max of 500 or something so this query might be moot, just something I was thinking about.
to answer your last question, if I was in charge I would close recruitment after reaching the cap of 150 active players (no alts allowed). If the guild reached 150 active members, that is plenty healthy and no reason to create sub-guilds for many of the reasons you listed above plus some (In my opinion). It breeds drama and adds a layer for the Leader to have no real control over should the wrong person end up with leadership of the 2nd Guild, there is the chance of a fracture (Mutiny) happening due to greed (or they want to do it differently etc.) But that will be Fazed decision if and when the time comes.

Also, very rarely are there ever really 150+ ACTIVE players. If someone isn't logging on for 15 days, 30 days etc. They can and should be removed (depending on how close to cap the guild is) also IMO.
Twistbeard Soldarius
Leaders do not get people to believe in them.
Leaders find ways to get people to believe in themselves.

Creed
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Creed » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:41 am

I agree. There are zero reasons to have an alt guild imho. It just causes confusion and miscommunication in the end.

As with all new releases with a ton of hype to go with it, I'm sure that a huge crowd will be logged in waiting for guild invites and such. The cap won't seem large enough at first but will be when everything settles in.

Btw, it was BDO that had two guilds...not B&S.
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by fazed » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:02 am

To add to twist points. We will not be setting up a 2nd guild for overflow or anything of that nature currently. Every person not in the guild means less guild xp for the guild. From what I have read getting to level 15 in JP is a real pain getting to the point were we can have 50 members should take a week of everyone being active. After that the real grind starts. Again this is all based on JP and may change for our version. We are keeping track of people that are being active and are interested in playing Bless. We may not have room in the guild right away but people will have to be patient and we will try and get everyone in.

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by fazed » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am

Something to also add from a KR translated patch notes

. Depending on the guild level, the following guild benefits apply.
If the guild level is increased, you will have the same guild skills that you had at the previous level. If the same effect is applied and the skill is different, only the level-up effect will be applied without overlapping.
- Level 1: None
- Level 2: 3% additional battle experience (Level 1)
- Level 3: Movement speed increased by 3% (Level 1)
- Level 4: Increases the amount of gold earned by hunting by 3% (Level 1)
- Level 5: Increases attack power / spell power by 0.5% for all party members (level 1) when more than three members of the same guild are in the party.
- Level 6: 4% additional battle experience (Level 2)
- Level 7: Movement speed increased by 5% (Level 2)
- Level 8: Increases the amount of gold earned by hunting by 4% (Level 2)
- Level 9: None
- Level 10: Includes 3 or more members of the same guild within a party. Increases attack power / spell power by 1% for all party members (level 2)
- Level 11: Movement speed increased by 10% (Level 3)
- Level 12: 5% increase in gold gain from hunting (Level 3)
- 13th level: Increases attack power / spell power by 1.5% for all party members (level 3) when more than 3 members of the same guild are in the party.
- Level 14: None
- Level 15: Increases maximum daily limit of influence by 28

Sharess
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Sharess » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:05 pm

To add to twist points. We will not be setting up a 2nd guild for overflow or anything of that nature currently. Every person not in the guild means less guild xp for the guild. From what I have read getting to level 15 in JP is a real pain getting to the point were we can have 50 members should take a week of everyone being active. After that the real grind starts. Again this is all based on JP and may change for our version. We are keeping track of people that are being active and are interested in playing Bless. We may not have room in the guild right away but people will have to be patient and we will try and get everyone in.
Great to hear, those were my same opinions on it but really just wanted thoughts on paper and the like :)

If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Sharess
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Sharess » Tue May 01, 2018 2:31 pm

So how soon should we start looking at recruitment (a post on Bless Online Community/MMORPG/Reddit)?

The cap of 150 has me a bit worried. Since there will be a cap I assume we'll be doing mains only and alts out of the guild (as Twistbeard and Fazed mentioned)

Are we going to be looking at an activity amount required depending on if we're at cap or not (ex offline 5 days or offline 7 days and we have people wanting to join)?

I'll be putting in a lot of hours at the get go and playing a bit of the JP Bless Online now to get some ground under my feet so I can help new people on launch.

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by fazed » Tue May 01, 2018 3:19 pm

Sharess wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:31 pm
So how soon should we start looking at recruitment (a post on Bless Online Community/MMORPG/Reddit)?

The cap of 150 has me a bit worried. Since there will be a cap I assume we'll be doing mains only and alts out of the guild (as Twistbeard and Fazed mentioned)

Are we going to be looking at an activity amount required depending on if we're at cap or not (ex offline 5 days or offline 7 days and we have people wanting to join)?

I'll be putting in a lot of hours at the get go and playing a bit of the JP Bless Online now to get some ground under my feet so I can help new people on launch.
All is being taken care of. It's to early to tell yet for some things.