The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

There will be items to avoid PVP (But I won't need them ;)

Twistbeard
Charter Member
Charter Member

There will be items to avoid PVP (But I won't need them ;)

Post by Twistbeard » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:54 am

Here is the official answer from the developer themselves on the PVP avoidance. (From march 21st 2018)

In a follow-up, Neowiz also answered an extra FAQ on separate PvE and PvP servers:

There will not be separate PvE or PvP servers, but we understand that many players do not wish to partake in PvP until it’s on their own terms. To help with this, there will be a consumable item that players can buy in-game to make them non-PvP enabled. This will work all the way to the level cap, last for a time, and has no cooldown. At the level cap, the item will still be obtainable, but via the Cash Shop. A large part of the later game content is PvP oriented (like our sieges), so we’re hoping players will try to engage in the conflict between the two factions then. Still, if they wish to avoid PvP, they’ll be able to buy the consumable in the cash shop, and you will also be able to earn cash shop currency via in-game activities as well.
Twistbeard Soldarius
Leaders do not get people to believe in them.
Leaders find ways to get people to believe in themselves.

Creed
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: There will be items to avoid PVP (But I won't need them ;)

Post by Creed » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:59 am

I'm glad they are thinking of everyone and creating alternatives. I doubt I'll need such an object but it will always depend on how bad the griefing factor gets.
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Neat. Thanks for the info.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Sharess
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Sharess » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 am

In current versions you can also do weekly pve missions to obtain $ from the cash shop which could funnel this consumable (currently it's a 10 min NO pvp targeting/fighting etc) and has approx a 20 min cd of usage. Unknown what it'll be come launch. Edit: but I REALLY like that they're currently looking at giving $ for cash shop from ingame actions/quests/weeklies. TERA did that and imo it was really successful that way by giving multiple options of how to spend cash shop items.

If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Discord: Sharess#3860