The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Server Wipe

Deuce
Charter Member
Charter Member

Server Wipe

Post by Deuce » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:55 am

For the longevity of the game in this early play I have decided to wipe the server at noon today and not form a mass clan.

This opens up many opportunities for later events. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Creed
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Server Wipe

Post by Creed » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Deuce wrote:For the longevity of the game in this early play I have decided to wipe the server at noon today and not form a mass clan.

This opens up many opportunities for later events. Sorry for any inconvenience.
As with any new game thats still in its early stages, im always on the fence about when to purchase games like these. Most of the time i wait long enough for most issues to be fixed and running smooth. The problem with this is its the same old trend that after all that time has passed, the other Grievance people have all left and theres no more interest in the game.

I was again on this fence about CE, selecting to wait a bit for issues to be panned out. Im sorry to say that youve made my decision for me and wont be purchasing this game. I really dont want to spend cash, put in the needed hours in the game only for it to be wiped clean at any moment by the one responsible for the server wants to.

Maybe theres a detail im missing here. If there is then explain to me so i can understand the broader picture here. Why or how does wiping a server aid in the games longevity.

I apologize if this has come across the wrong way.....not my intention. If wiping all my progression in a game to help its longevity is needed, then its certainly not a game i will invest in.
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

Jeighn
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Post by Jeighn » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:24 pm

I'm not really understanding the reasoning for this either. not gonna lie, I was a little miffed about putting in all the work yesterday to get production going for the clan to come in today (6 hours later) and find that I am level one again and all was for naught. I too, like creed, do not like the idea that one person can just do a server wipe and dissolve the clan. I do wish that input could have been given or a discussion opened with everyone rather than just a post where no one was invited to weigh in. In the long run I realize the GL's have full control for these decisions, but more then a forum post warning would have been nice. =(

I also don't like the idea of not having a clan on the server. Most of the fun in this over the last week was helping each other out. But in the long run I do enjoy CE and I enjoy playing with you guys. But I feel like we may as well just be playing a solo game now. lol

I will reserve judgement on the clanless play since I can't even load in today since restarting my character.
I'm living for givin' the Devil his due
And I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you
I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you

Creed
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Creed » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Jeighn wrote:I'm not really understanding the reasoning for this either. not gonna lie, I was a little miffed about putting in all the work yesterday to get production going for the clan to come in today (6 hours later) and find that I am level one again and all was for naught. I too, like creed, do not like the idea that one person can just do a server wipe and dissolve the clan. I do wish that input could have been given or a discussion opened with everyone rather than just a post where no one was invited to weigh in. In the long run I realize the GL's have full control for these decisions, but more then a forum post warning would have been nice. =(

I also don't like the idea of not having a clan on the server. Most of the fun in this over the last week was helping each other out. But in the long run I do enjoy CE and I enjoy playing with you guys. But I feel like we may as well just be playing a solo game now. lol

I will reserve judgement on the clanless play since I can't even load in today since restarting my character.
There wasnt even a meeting about doing this before it was done?

Im sorry, but that was a big fail.

Thank you for saving my money. ;D
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Well considering it is an "Early Access" game...there are hundreds of reasons as to why a wipe. Dev's don't ask permission when they wipe a beta server. And normally a Guild/Embassy Leader doesn't need to discuss they why's and what for's in the decisions they make.

I did try to play this. Not my cup 'o' tea. :P Luckily Steam gave me my money back. Considering spending it on LOTRO points to buy shiny things there.

Thamin Trollsbane
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Thamin Trollsbane » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear. I know Deuce, you put in an amazing amount of work on the highway system. I was glad for the community feel and ability to share with others.

I'm still interested in a server in which friends can play or jump in any time. I'm REALLY grateful for anyone that plops down money for us to have our own server. It would be good for more warning next time. If anything, I would shift any construction to "experimental" instead of something I'd hoped would endure.
Former Recruiting Officer: ESO, Rift
Author site http://DheaLoral.com

Deuce
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Deuce » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Any questions on this can be brought to me directly.