Grievance open Council meeting on Sunday 26th of July at 7:00 CST
Getting an invalid forum token when logging in? Clear your cache and cookies and try again!

Hey Guys!

A place to start or join in on conversations about the Grievance community & gaming.
Nionya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hey Guys!

Post by Nionya » Thu May 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Just throwing this up there to say hey! It's been a while since I have been active in anything related to helping the exposure of the community and am looking forward to helping any way you guys may need! Just point me in the right direction.

I realize forums are not as active as they were once upon a time, I think social media, Discord, other chat apps have sort of taken over from the dinosaur that is forums, but it would be nice if we could maybe get some more activity on here..

My main thought is the welcome wagon COG once had for new members...y'all know what I mean. I have been trying to welcome all new members starting a few days ago and I find with tapatalk it is pretty easy to do so.

Well, I am just here trying not to let my "I should probably just sit in the corner and not say anything" brain take over so.. :)

Other than that, it is really nice to see so many of the same people helping and doing all the things behind the scenes. It's good to be back :)

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Hey Guys!

Post by Novatek » Thu May 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Forum activity has always been a hot topic and has always been troublesome to get people to visit often. How do we battle this without incentives or rewards?

The mobile devices have taken over most means of communication. I have seen a dramatic decrease in activity and at times I don't see any new posts for some time.

Discord has become too cluttered, messy and spammy. Not to mention a lot of posts and messages tend to get lost in the transit.

I still prefer forums over other means and I too would love to see more activity here.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Moebius
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Moebius » Fri May 29, 2020 2:45 pm

I've noticed that the forum activity started major decline with the switch of Grievance using teamspeak over to discord. Since discord has text chat and with people using discord on their phones, this seems to be the favorite method of keeping up to date with Grievance stuff from our members.

Nionya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nionya » Sun May 31, 2020 12:34 pm

Moebius wrote:I've noticed that the forum activity started major decline with the switch of Grievance using teamspeak over to discord. Since discord has text chat and with people using discord on their phones, this seems to be the favorite method of keeping up to date with Grievance stuff from our members.
I do agree with this sentiment. Just looking for ideas to start the welcome wagon back for new members. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bayston
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by bayston » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:38 pm

I too prefer these forums. I don't really use Discord as I get lost. Plus here I can necro an old thread and get myself in trouble :lol: :lol: :oops:

"If you don't have haters, then you aren't doing something right." – Johnathan Davis

Nionya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nionya » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:28 pm

bayston wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:38 pm
I too prefer these forums. I don't really use Discord as I get lost. Plus here I can necro an old thread and get myself in trouble :lol: :lol: :oops:
Awe you need to come on discord. I can totally help you set it up! Pm me!

Shiv
Officer
Officer

Post by Shiv » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Even with Discord our "Wall flowers" still don't post there much. Discord is much more active for sure, and I know I prefer it over the forums only because it's more organic I feel.

Getting people to the forums isn't an easy task. Even with us having signups for certain events it's still not a guaranteed way for people to use them. If you find the magic bullet I'd love to know what it is. :)
Shiv - Executive Officer - WoW Horde - Thrall
Twitch Channel: http://twitch.tv/Shiv_G3

Nionya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Nionya » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:14 am

Shiv wrote:Even with Discord our "Wall flowers" still don't post there much. Discord is much more active for sure, and I know I prefer it over the forums only because it's more organic I feel.

Getting people to the forums isn't an easy task. Even with us having signups for certain events it's still not a guaranteed way for people to use them. If you find the magic bullet I'd love to know what it is. :)
I agree... times have certainly changed...my old school bones are having trouble accepting it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Return to “COG Community Forum”