The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Graphics Settings

Kaedence
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Graphics Settings

Post by Kaedence » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:05 pm

I found this today and thought it may be helpful to some folks.
Hey everyone,
Just got back into the game and noticed the game looked awful on the settings I would usually run this in CBT1. for me I like to have all my settings at 3 and 4 with anti-aliasing on 0. But the game looked awful! everything was blurry and just looked very unfinished.
So here is why if you are having this problem! all of the detail level titles and some of the descriptions are completely wrong on what they actually do. Below is a list of all the Detail level titles and what they actually do!
Shadows - Shader / lighting quality, this changes the overall quality of the game, for its lighting and shading everywhere.
Models - Adjusts view distance, this will change how far you can see trees, houses and all other models in the world.
Water - Adjusts ground quality, this will make ground and rock textures alot higher quality turned up.
Anti-aliasing - This adjusts model quality, every model you see in houses and cities, the detail on players and NPCs and every enemy you fight in the world.
Sun Rays - Adjusts Shadow quality, though at night time having this set on 0 or 1 makes it very bright as if it's still day time. recommend having this set to 2 minimum.
Display Distance - Adjusts anti-aliasing, this will get rid of those jagged edges of models and make it smooth. Is actually a pretty good quality anti-aliasing.
I hope this can help some of you that may have run into this issue like I did, and really hope this gets changed to its correct titles and descriptions. If you run everything maxxed you obviously aren't going to have any problems with this, but for someone that runs some things lower than others but wants to get that sweet spot of pretty graphics and performance then I hope this can guide you.