The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Occultist-Healing(Theorycraft)

Anti Hero
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Occultist-Healing(Theorycraft)

Post by Anti Hero » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:00 pm

I know that a Spiritshaper will always have the upper hand when it comes to straight up healing, but I think a healing focused Occultist(Spirit/Agility) could actually work.
They do not have as many CC abilities as a Spiritshaper, but they do have 2 cleanse abilities and a bunch of heal/shield abilities.
So as a personal challenge to myself I will be making one at some point.
What do you guys think?

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Occultist-Healing(Theorycraft)

Post by Sera » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:43 am

It works as long as your party out gears the content. Their two unparalleled healing skills are good multi-tick heals and are the bread and butter of occultist healing. None of the basic skills really put up big healing numbers in an emergency unlike a SS who have a couple of options. Truthfully, the occultist fills the hybrid niche and needs to be played as such. Focusing solely on healing or damage is only a detriment to the class and breaks the reason why a group would bring an occultist along. Well played, it does a great job support healing incidental group damage while putting out decent AoE damage at the same time. The biggest problem I had with the class was the fact that some of their damage is location targeted and with mobile targets you struggle to maintain dps or straight up miss.