The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Everything I wanted to know about guild management in RO...

Jeighn
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Everything I wanted to know about guild management in RO...

Post by Jeighn » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:51 am

Found this today. very in depth guide from the guild Codex on every function of guild management and perks, this is getting me really excited for all the guild functions! OMG there is so much here!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/111X ... sp=sharing

Hey sera! It explains workers as well. I can see you cringing. =P

SinisterFrog
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Everything I wanted to know about guild management in RO

Post by SinisterFrog » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:09 pm

WOW, such in depth functionality. I have just started playing in beta and am enjoying it. However it looks like it will require a lot of game play to make the guild successful. Is there a place in this game for casual players, because it looks like it will require hardcore players to keep up and expand a guild.

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:44 pm

It depends what your definition of casual/hardcore is I suppose.

Casually the guild will need people to run some gathering quests and do your daily's for materials to expand the base; not every day but the more the better. We also need people to donate some of their trade currency (Gythil, not Gyth notes) to pay for upkeep on the buildings and workers. You get that currency mostly from questing though if you like to run a trade stall (or auction hall) that's what other people pay you for the items you sell them.

The only more hardcore thing that really needs to be done is an instance boss that drops one of the materials (Star Iron in the CN, Siderite in the NA) that we need to make buildings. This same material drops off of all PVP contested world bosses. This has been our biggest hang up in CBT with regards to developing the guild. Not that we've tried it but from my brief reading we need about 10 slightly warm bodies to go into the instance to kill the boss for the ore and I don't think we've ever had more than 5 or 6 of us online at one time.

So honestly I wouldn't say anything is really hardcore in respect to getting the guild running. Nothing requires everyone to do raid instances or expert mode challenges or stuff like that. I feel that there are ample opportunities for casual players to contribute to the guild's development. Even just running your daily guild quest both reward you with excellent XP for minimal time required (10 quick quests, like 15-30mins depending on which RNG quests you get) and give the guild materials at the same time.

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Wowzers!

Lots of guild features and functionality there. Looks like I have to play this now. :p
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Jeighn
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Post by Jeighn » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:39 pm

I feel like what Sera said is all true. There is absolutely a place for the more casual player in this game. =)

And Nova you absolutely should come check it out. Even if you don't join for the third CBT or buy the founders packs, the game will be FTP when it launches. they are saying 1st Quarter 2017 is the goal.
I'm living for givin' the Devil his due
And I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you
I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you