The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Not for me... :(

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Not for me... :(

Post by Shiera » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:07 am

After really getting to play the game for the last couple days, I hate to say it but this game, while it is alot of fun is just not for me. It's unique and enjoyable, but not something that will hold my attention long term.

I really hope those of you who are planning to play long term are enjoying yourselves and make Grievances' presence known!

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Not for me... :(

Post by Sera » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:23 pm

I think it'll be fun to play up to level cap through the story when it's actually in English, with English VO's. Right now it's just very much like a lower ping version of the CN client except we don't have an English patch so we can try and understand anything or find anything on the map. In fact it's worse than playing the CN seeing as there are all the hardware errors and new bugs in the port.

Trystant
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Trystant » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:26 pm

I am kinda on the fence as well. But I think that since it still has such a long way to go for the western release, I am going to give it a couple more months. The Graphics are not as good as I had hope them to be in comparing the game to other eastern titles I have played like BDO, Tera, L2 and a few more. I am hoping that with a couple more months of tweaking, it might get better but for now, I am on the fence.

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:34 pm

I heard this game is a mix of Aion and Boob & Soul?
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Trystant
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Trystant » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:49 pm

As with all eastern games, yes the women are armored just as you would think. As far as the flight mechanics and aerial battles, I have not made it to that level yet as my highest has only been level 10 since I do not want to burn out on the game before it get polished and westernized.

It still has a ways to go but I think it will be a great same to play. However that may be because I am a little tired of the western MMO fantasy style and have been liking the eastern MMO style more.

Creed
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Creed » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:13 pm

It usually takes me a lot of seat time in a game like this to get attached to it. Im a bit that way in all games but i can see this game will not catch me faster by no means so i will let time tell. I have an occultist to almost 30 so i have hardly done anything yet.

More seat time for me.
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

vaash
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by vaash » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Sorry to hear that Sheira :(

Kringus
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Kringus » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:53 am

The localization is half-assed at the moment, so a fair amount of important text is still in either Russian or Chinese. That makes it hard to judge.

The graphics are definitely not up to the quality of BDO, but at least I don't feel stuck in the mud in medieval Europe.

The solo and group instances don't seem too bad. Four Kings gives too much xp, and the DF bosses are too easy, but the itemization is reasonable and moves things along.

I haven't figured out how to do much life skills- seems like part of the interface is missing, but language issues make it hard to tell.

The flying seems OK but not amazing- I really liked the way they did it in Aion, with the flight time limit/flight time potions. I'd leave this game for an "Aion II" in a heartbeat.

I'll wait to see how it looks with more complete translations- I think it'll at least be worth a few months of play, longer if the raids and whatnot are worthwhile.