Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

MMORPG Article - Five Reasons to Try Out Revelation Online

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

MMORPG Article - Five Reasons to Try Out Revelation Online

Post by Shiera » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:27 am

http://www.mmorpg.com/revelation-online ... 1000011249

Interesting read. I am still confused on the whole open world PVP thing. Things I read are very conflicting. First I read that it's open pvp after level 40. Then I read that it is specific zones. Will be nice for this to finally get clarified. It is really what is keeping me on the fence with this game.

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Re: MMORPG Article - Five Reasons to Try Out Revelation On

Post by Zippity » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Well, based off an article I read, My.com stated that most zones are open world PvP, and that only characters level 40+ have the option to flag themselves for PvP in zones... But they also mentioned that "peaceful" characters do not have to PvP at all if they don't want to... Now, I don't know if that means it is completely you're choice in all zones, or if you didn't want to PvP you just don't go in those zones... They were not that specific... But it leads me to think it's going to be consensual PvP across the board...

Havta wait till we either hear something more official and detailed, or someone who's experienced it first hand to let us all in on how it works...

Zip

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:19 pm

A lets keep our fingers crossed situation for sure! :D

Kezic
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Kezic » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:43 am

The pvp is confusing because they have a ton of ways to pvp and some kinda gray area rules. For example, after 40 you can be killed almost anywhere. But if you dont fight back at ALL, the attacker gets penalized

This may help

https://ro.my.com/en/news/announcements ... ion-online

https://ro.my.com/forum/thread/3716-ope ... #post26905

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:08 am

Kezic wrote:The pvp is confusing because they have a ton of ways to pvp and some kinda gray area rules. For example, after 40 you can be killed almost anywhere. But if you dont fight back at ALL, the attacker gets penalized

This may help

https://ro.my.com/en/news/announcements ... ion-online

https://ro.my.com/forum/thread/3716-ope ... #post26905

Yeah this is what I don't like at all. It's all well and good that they get penalized if you don't fight back. However, I don't like having my playtime interrupted because someone wants to be a jerk and kill people because that is their idea of fun. It's the reason I left Archage and BDO :(

Kezic
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Kezic » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:03 pm

I agree 100%. It sounds like the penalty is pretty steep, so I am thinking they are trying to avoid this also. I dont know if this was confirmed but some people are saying that if you attack another player and they dont fight back, you get a debuff that allows anyone to attack you without repercussions. And if you are killed while the debuff is active, you drop (have a chance to?) one piece of your equipment, that others can loot.

That is a pretty big deal. And since there is no real benefit for killing the original person, I am hoping most people dont.

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Zippity » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Kezic wrote:I agree 100%. It sounds like the penalty is pretty steep, so I am thinking they are trying to avoid this also. I dont know if this was confirmed but some people are saying that if you attack another player and they dont fight back, you get a debuff that allows anyone to attack you without repercussions. And if you are killed while the debuff is active, you drop (have a chance to?) one piece of your equipment, that others can loot.

That is a pretty big deal. And since there is no real benefit for killing the original person, I am hoping most people dont.
You'll always have a few peeps out there that could care less about penalties who just like to gank for the sake of ganking... But typically they tend to be few, and with the list of penalties if you don't fight back, it's pretty detrimental if they do gank you as a non-combatant...

Zip

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Zippity » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:54 pm

:D
vaash wrote: (FROM A PREVIOUS THREAD) I doubt this will be the case as I can only imagine that any action taken by the "victim" can only be construed as retaliation and therefore, consenting to PvP.
From what I have read there is no reward gained from continuing to attack someone who is not fighting back; however, it could become troublesome if the ganker is simply being annoying and keeping you from grinding/questing in an area.
Leveling from the main story line slows down dramatically around 45 so daily dungeon runs, exo rep dungeon grinding and actual mob grinding in a particular dungeon becomes the order of the day; of course, along with hot springs, etc.
In our guild I'm sure we will have groups for all of these and for the odd time that we don't, most likely you will be in a pug.
Obvious we have to wait and see, but I honestly think it sounds more troublesome than it is. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based off the threads I've read on the official forums, it does sound like killing peaceful characters causes you're own character massive issues... Of course, you will always have a few folks out there who could care less about the downsides, but it does sound like a great deterrent...

For me personally, if it comes down to it and I were out questing and someone came along and attacked me, if they aren't way lower level than me, i'ld just stand there and let them mess themselves over by killing me as I laugh to myself at all the trouble they just brought onto themselves... And if at the time I felt like participating in PvP, then i'ld fight back... If someone was camping the area after killing you as a peaceful toon, I'ld go out of my way to drag them near a town or city and watch the fireworks commence as the town guard blows them out of the water...

I hate ganking a lot, but as long as there are measures in place to massively deter the chances of it occurring, or punish players for doing it, I don't mind it as much... Still wish they would turn into a chicken like in Warhammer Online though... :D

Zip