Next Council Meeting: Sunday October 20th at 7:00 pm cst.
Getting invalid forum token when logging in? Clear your cache and cookies and try again!

Top notch VOD review marathon just starting up - 29 gameplay videos on deck

Aquavit
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Top notch VOD review marathon just starting up - 29 gameplay videos on deck

Post by Aquavit » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:22 pm

I posted about last week's but I'm gonna plug this again. Jayne just fired up his stream and is going to be reviewing 29 gameplay videos today. To give an idea how good his reception has been, last Sunday he did his first of these streams and started with 30 followers. He's now up to 853. In a wek.

I can vouch for his coaching skills. as Jayne was my coach for Scrub Cup and everyone on our team climbed at least a full rank under his guidance in those two months, and he's now coaching my OWUL team.

He cranks out sooo much game knowledge and understanding that it doesn't matter that you aren't watching your own gameplay. Rather than just saying you should have done this instead of that for XYZ immediate reason, he'll contextualize his comments in terms of the flow of that fight, the flow of the match, overall resource management, ult economy, etc.. His feedback is as much about how the game works as it is about individual and team play.

So, obviously I'm biased - I've been working (and generally hanging out) with him for 3 months and am a mod on his Discord. But, he's a great coach and has been building a really fun and enthusiastic crew of people around him. For anyone who was big into Eve, you may recall him as Jayne Fillion from Spectre Fleet.

So, come on over and check it out. You'll find me in his twitch chat as FreqOut23 and his Discord as Freqout.

http://www.twitch.tv/jayn3

Aquavit
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: Top notch VOD review marathon just starting up - 29 gameplay videos on deck

Post by Aquavit » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Funny to look back and se this post 6 down from the top. Since then, Jayne has become a topOverwatch educational streamer, assistant coach for the Dallas Fuel, and this year's coach for Team Canada in the Overwatch World Cup.

This is what we get for encouraging him to start streaming. And to think, he'd otherwise have been my Open Division coach...

Return to “Overwatch Community Forums”