Black Desert Online (BDO) Guild Mission Statement
This Charter in no way supersedes the Grievance Organization charter. All members should make themselves familiar with that charter prior to joining Grievance!
This Charter can and WILL change as the guild grows and matures. The application & promotion process WILL become more complicated and difficult as the guild continues to progress.
The Guild Leader reserves the right to make changes and rulings to this policy at any time, including on the spot if needed, in order to correct loopholes and keep things fair.
Clauses to be aware of
Guild Leader Clause
The Guild Leader reserves the right to make decisions that may at times supersede and/or contradict the charter and policies of the guild. These decisions will never be made lightly and will always be done with the betterment of the guild as a whole in mind. The Guild Leader has the last word on all decisions concerning the guild, guild forum section, charter, and/or anything pertaining to the Grievance Black Desert Online guild. All decisions made by the Guild Leader can and will be reviewed by the Grievance Council to ensure fairness to all members.
Common Sense Clause
No policy is 100% safe from exploitation and the officers are here to make sure all things are done fairly. All changes made to the charter in this matter will be reviewed by the Guild Leader before being set in stone.
No Drama Clause
Any member found to be causing and/or instigating drama within the guild will be asked to leave. The Guild Leader will make the determination of what qualifies as drama, and what does not. In any case of drama, the player will be removed from Black Desert Online. Players who have been removed will no longer be allowed in any Black Desert Online Discord channel should they still remain with Grievance, and access to the Black Desert Online Member PvP forum will be revoked. In very extreme cases, the player will be recommended for a lifetime ban from the Grievance organization.
The advancement of the guild is all-important. Guild progress equals personal progress. If you are not a team player, then stop now and look somewhere else. It is very important for players to help grow the guild through our guild missions, node wars, and events. Please help with missions, node wars, and events as much as you are able, while keeping to your play style and available time!
The guild is limited to 100 players per each in-game guild and with all the interest we have formed two guilds as one. The two guilds are Grievance and Dark_Grievance. Grievance and Dark_Grievance must use Discord in order to organize PvP/PvE events. Being in Discord is being in Grievance, even if you are on the waiting list to join. The Guild Leader is responsible for determining what guild the player will join. Guilds will be balanced based on the ability to do Node Wars at an attendance rate of 30%. Players who meet this requirement will stay in Grievance while those who cannot make the minimum requirement(s) will be moved to Dark_Grievance. Players will be shuffled as needed. All members in Dark Grievance will have <DG> in their name! This will allow officers to quickly identify which members are available for guild mission, events, PvP issues or to move them to other Discord channels as needed.
If you do not want to PvP then do not level past 49.99 through the Black Spirit quest [To Level 50!] Go Beyond Your Own Limits! Be aware by not leveling past 50 you will not be able to do most high end PvE content. If PvE high end content is what you want you must deal with PvP. If you cannot handle PvP then this game is not for you!
The Guild’s Responsibility to You, the Player
The guild is responsible for your main character and only your main character. As a guild we will help gear you up with necessary items and help you complete the necessary quests needed to progress your character throughout the known world and beyond to participate in node wars, ocean content, and events.
Player's responsibility to the guild
You (the player) are responsible for your own actions at all times, including any and all of your other characters. At no time will the guild intentionally hold events with the sole intention of specifically progressing anyone’s alternate (alt) character.
Discord Naming Convention
Due to the need of in-game and forum management, there will be a mandatory format for Discord names for all members. The format will be as follows:
Grievance Forum Name / (BDO Family Name)
Dark Grievance will have <DG> at the end of their name.
Example - Lord Scythe (Lord_Scythe) <DG>
In the case of names that are too long, the family name will be shortened to compensate. Characters will be removed from the end of the family name.
Players with multiple accounts, except the Guild Leader, may have only 1 account in the Grievance BDO guild. Secondary accounts will be allowed as space allows in Dark Grievance. These accounts must be listed on the member’s initial Grievance application as a secondary account with family/character name listed. If Dark Grievance has limited space then inactive accounts will be removed first followed by secondary accounts. If space is still limited then AFK account players will be removed from Dark Grievance.
Outside of organized events and arena duels it is unlawful to kill any member of Grievance (Grievance or Dark_Grievance). We are one guild and must act as such!
Be warned! Wearing a Ghillie suit (Treant and/or Desert) could end up with you being killed by another Grievance member and it will not be the fault of the attacker. If you are wearing a Ghillie suit, be in Discord and make sure everyone is aware. If a player gives permission to be killed this rule will not apply.
Regarding complaints regarding the behaviour of non-Grievance members:
If a player is acting in a manner contrary to the game’s ToS (Terms of Service), please report them. Take screenshots or record a Video and please include all evidence in any ticket you create. If a player is harassing you verbally please ignore or report them. If a player is attacking you please contact leadership or ask other members for help in Discord.
We follow the tenets of Family, Honor and Loyalty. We will follow those tenets while remaining true to a PvP game. We want to retain our reputation in the gaming community even though we participate in PvP!
Players may go outlaw for the purposes of gaining knowledge in the outlaw town Muiquun, do outlaw quests or to deal with griefers. Players must let an officer know they have gone outlaw and why they have done so. They also need to make sure if it is going to be longer than a day or two that they let the officer know that as well.
- No spawn camping/killing players in the open world except during a war declaration.
- No killing allied guilds for a PvE spot if they were there first. Either move to another area or combine groups if possible. Guilds on our Kill list are open game.
- No killing AFK players regardless of their tags. This does not apply to outlaws or PvP flagged players. Anyone in open world that is flagged clearly wants a fight or deserves a fight. This does not apply to guilds who have killed our afk players.
- You are allowed to defend your grinding spot from anyone. If they are an ally or friendly guild try and talk to them first and ask them to move or group. If they persist in taking your camp, you are allowed to flag and kill them. Try not to go negative karma but as long as you inform an officer that you had to go negative to deal with a Griefer that is perfectly acceptable. Please grind back your karma as soon as possible.
- Wearing a Ghillie Suit will be classified as hostile act. It is lawful to kill anyone in a Ghillie Suit that has not identified as Grievance or an ally. If you are killed wearing a Ghillie Suit, be aware that you look hostile to another player.
- Members not following our PvP rules will be removed from the Black Desert Online guild and possibly removed from Grievance.
- No killing AFK players outside of the current battlefield area. This rule is revoked if said guild kills any of our AFK players first.
- Killing players respawning at a node is acceptable. They are choosing to respawn at the area when they have a choice to respawn at a safe zone.
- All war tactics are acceptable in a state of war. All strategies are to be determined by the Warlord.
Rules of Engagement
It is very important that the BDO chapter of Grievance remembers its organizational roots; Family, Honor and Loyalty. It is crucial to remember the honor part of the Grievance code. It is also vital to remember this is an open world PvP game. Open world PvP is a feature of BDO. I will not disallow open world PvP, however Grievance will now follow these simple rules of engagement in all conflicts. Grievance wars will be reserved for taking and defending a grind spot. They will be dropped once no longer needed for those purposes. War Declarations will not be perma dec and will not be used for personal vendettas. We will instead use a KoS list for toxic guilds and players.
Guild and Player KoS List
*** Reminder everything you do reflects on all of Grievance. Players take note of the guild tag first and not the player name or family name. ***
Killing people for no reason is unacceptable. Killing someone because you are bored is not allowed. Killing players that are perceived as AFK is not allowed unless they are on the Grievance player KoS list or on the guild KoS list. If you are bored please go to Arena of Arsha, Arena Channel, Red Battlefield, or Battle Arena.
- Killing AFK players is not allowed except in the above cases. Auto-pathers or people sitting AFK in a conflict zone are viable targets. Conflict zone is the area in which the original conflict began or moved to.
Note - Joking about killing players perceived as AFK or for no reason will reflect very poorly on you and Grievance in guild chat and Discord. New players to Grievance are not going to know you are joking. Perception is very important. Going to grind at a contested spot is not causing trouble as it is playing the game as intended. However, saying you are going to cause trouble at Pirates or Sausans will give the perception that we are trouble makers. Wording is very important for first impressions.
- Do not camp Respawn nodes during an open war conflict. If a guild is spawn camping us, ask them to give us space to regroup. If they continue to spawn camp us after the warning it is okay to play by their rules.
- Karma griefing will be defined as using the Karma system to hold or take a spot by making an opposing player go outlaw (negative karma). Karma griefing is unacceptable and will not be used to defend or take a grinding spot in any circumstances. If you are in a grind spot and someone invades you have the following options:. You can ask them to group, ask for a war declaration, or you can ask to duel for it in a fair 1 v 1 fight (leave if you lose the duel). If the player is in a guild and you are not protected they can war dec. If their guild does not war dec that is on them and not on you and that is their issue not ours. If they do not respond feel free to flag up and deal with them as necessary.
- Karma bombing will be defined as turning someone from positive karma to max negative karma. This is only to be used to deal with pure griefers. Players who are constantly flagging to kill our protected players etc. This will be planned by the Guild Leader or an Officer! Only to be used in extreme cases.
- Outlaws may be killed at any time any place any where. They chose to go outlaw they deserve to suffer the consequences. Players on our KOS list are fair game at any place and any time. The player KOS list will be players who grief our players but are too cowardly to stay or go negative karma. Guilds not on the KOS list are to be treated with honor until such time as they show they have none.
- There will be no trash talking of any kind in any public channels. Always use good game (GG) or good fight (GF). Players will attempt to get you to say something offensive to report you and get you suspended. Do not fall to troll bait, starve them by not responding! The Guild Leader/Officers will not monitor whispers unless someone breaks our Grievance charter in the case of Racism, Sexism or homophobic slurs and/or memes and an opposing player provides proof to said allegations. This is wrong and if you disagree you are in the wrong guild!
This is an open PvP game and as such it is designed for the taking of grind spots. Grievance will be allowed to take grind spots under these rules.
- Offer to group up. If they want to group bonus it will be harder for any future invaders to take the grind spot away.
- Offer to duel for the spot If you win the duel and they leave fantastic spot is yours. If you lose then please move to a new grind spot or channel. If you win and they decide to contest your area (you won the duel they agreed to), then ask for a war dec to attempt to discourage them from staying.
If they refuse to group or duel for the spot then inform them that you'll be taking it by force. At this point you are free to flag and kill the player and/or request a war dec. If they call in help you are more than welcome to ask as well.
Defending a Grind spot
Outside of karma griefing as described above and node camping players, players may defend their grind spots by any other means. This includes asking for help from guildmates!
Players in a Ghille will be considered as hostile. They can be killed as a defensive measure if a player so chooses.
Sieges or Node Wars
All tactics are viable for a siege/node war! Players spawn in their war camp and the goal of the siege/node war is to destroy the war camp.
Kill on Sight List (KoS)
Grievance BDO will maintain a (KoS) list. This will be a list of guilds or unguilded players that constantly harass and grief Grievance members. This list will be posted in our Member PvP forum and will be maintained by the Guild Leader. Placing guilds on this list will not be made lightly and will be the decision of the Guild Leader. These guilds/players will be classified as enemies and players will have a license to kill them on sight.
Allied and Neutral Guilds
Grievance BDO will maintain an allies list. This list will be a list of guilds that we have non-aggression pacts or full alliances with. These guilds will be chosen carefully by the Guild Leader and will have similar philosophies as Grievance.
Neutral guilds will be deemed guilds that Grievance BDO has no working relationship with.
Leaving Black Desert Online
Any players leaving Grievance BDO for another guild in BDO, but remaining in Grievance will not be allowed in the BDO Discord channels other than the Lounge but are not allowed to talk about their new BDO guild. They will also have their Member PvP forum privileges revoked. Players who play multiple games with Grievance are welcome to play their other games in Grievance provided they do not attempt to recruit members to their new guild nor cause drama. Any attempt to do so will result in said player being recommended for a lifetime ban.
Applying to Grievance
Step 1 - Read the Grievance charter
Read the Organization Charter Here!
Step 2 - If you agree with both the Organization Charter and BDO Grievance Charter then create an account on the Grievance forums.
Step 3 - Wait until your account is approved to post an application. This may take up to 24 hours so please be patient.
Step 4 - Post an application in “Apply here to join Grievance in Black Desert” under BDO Forum Tab which can be found here
Step 5 - Wait for a Guild Leader or an Officer to approve your application and welcome you into the guild. This may take up to 24 hours so please be patient. Links will be provided for further information. These are the steps for all members new Grievance no matter what Guild / Clan they wish to join. Some applications will require more information so check back on your applications.
Current Grievance members just have to put in a request to join in that forum. Any players making it their main game must also post in the Switching Games sub forum found in the General Discussion forum.
Once both guilds are full, a waiting list will be created. This list will go by the chronological order of the applications approval date.
Requirements to join Grievance
- Applicant MUST have an application approved prior to being invited into either Grievance/Dark_Grievance BDO.
- Applicant MUST be 18yrs of age or older. Exceptions may be made for real life friends / family.
- Applicant MUST have our current voice chat service downloaded and get into it to communicate with other players in Grievance! You do not have to speak, typing and listening are acceptable as long as you are in discord!
- Applicant MUST have read the Grievance Organizational Charter and this Charter prior to joining.
All current Grievance members will come into Black Desert Online as a member. All new members to Grievance will also be classified as members in game and on the forums. During this time new members may join us on voice chat, participate with other members in quests, grinding or other activities and get to know the other members of Grievance. Communication is extremely important in today's gaming world and we have dedicated Discord channels for you to use. This is to give us, as well as you (the applicant) an opportunity to see if your membership into the guild is a good fit or not. Applicants found not to be a good fit will be notified and then denied membership.
Guild Ranking System
Guild Leader (GL)
The Guild Leader is responsible for the overall smooth running of the guild, the guild forum, and anything else pertaining to Grievance Black Desert Online. It is the Guild Leader's responsibility to set in-game and out of game (if necessary) goals for the guild to provide the proper direction and course for Grievance. The Guild Leader has the final say so on all things pertaining to the workings of the guild and its membership. At any time the Guild Leader may assume the responsibilities of any other Officer position within the guild if necessary and can override any decision made by another officer if said decision is deemed to be detrimental to the guild. As an extension of the overall Grievance Organization (Grievance Global Gaming), the Guild Leader is expected to operate and make all decisions with the betterment of Grievance as a whole in mind.
Executive Officer (XO)
The XO is literally a direct extension of the GL and only answers to the GL. The XO is in complete charge of Grievance whenever the GL is not present and has the GL's authority to make on-the-spot decisions for the betterment of the Guild if needed. As with the GL, the XO can assume other officer positions if needed. The XO can override another Officer's decision (with the exception of the GL) if deemed necessary. The XO and FO are equal and run their respective guild when they are on and the GL is not present. If their counterpart is not on, then they run both guilds.
First Officer (FO)
The FO is literally a direct extension of the GL and only answers to the GL. The FO is in complete charge of Dark_Grievance whenever the GL is not present and has the GL's authority to make on-the-spot decisions for the betterment of the Guild if needed. As with the GL, the FO can assume other officer positions if needed. The FO can override another Officer's decision (with the exception of the GL) if deemed necessary. The FO and XO are equal and run their respective guild when they are on and the GL is not present. If their counterpart is not on, then they run both guilds.
Recruiting Officer (RO)
The RO is ultimately responsible for the growth of Grievance and all matters pertaining to recruitment within Grievance. It is the RO’s responsibility to indoctrinate new recruits into the guild by going over what is expected of them. They have responsibilities to both the Guild Leader and the Media/Marketing Director or their appointee.
The WL(s) is responsible for all things PvP. The WL is responsible for appointing helpers during PvP battles both in open world, war declarations and siege battles of all types! The WL is also responsible for all practice events. They may, at their discretion, choose someone to handle the anti-griefing squad.
The EO's responsibility is to run all fun guild events. These events are used to get the guild to know each other and to keep interest when the game is in a lull.
The RL(s) is responsible for all things PvE related that require more than 1 group such as open world bosses, guild summoning scrolls or organizing guild missions. They may appoint temporary helpers to make sure the missions get done in a timely manner.
Task Leaders (TL)
Task Leaders, aka Officers, are directly responsible for certain tasks within the guild itself. These tasks can range from managing the guild bank, organizing crafters, assisting with recruiting, keeping guild missions on track, help organize against griefers or just being responsible to get groups going on a daily basis. Task Leaders are appointed by the Guild Leader and are Officers within the guild.
Shot Caller (SC)
Shot callers are PvP Lieutenants. They are picked by the Warlord and are responsible for calling the shots during node wars and may step in during open war situations. These are not officers but people who help run the PvP for the WL.
Core Member (CM)
CMs are players that have been with Grievance for some time and go above and beyond to put the guild first in everything they do. These are players who stay in times of hardship and help progress the guild. Any member has the potential to become a CM.
These members are members that have come from other games in the organization. They have met any Black Desert Online specific qualifications set by the Guild Leader.
Due to the limitations in the ranking system of Black Desert Online all new members will join Grievance as a member. Any new member not conforming to the rules of either charter will be asked to leave Grievance. These players will be deemed “not a fit for Grievance”.