The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

I'll be gone for a bit

cav
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

I'll be gone for a bit

Post by cav » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 pm

So I've been meaning to make a thread like this for a while now. Not just me leaving, I'll get to that in a second, but just a big thank you thread from both Daniel and I.

I'm a very sentimental person. I don't get attached to people too easily but when I do, it's strong.

When Daniel and I came back to the game we had no clue what we were doing. I was still cosmetic crazy as ever and Daniel was just trying to sort out what class he wanted to play.
We eventually got both feet on the ground and started progressing in the game together. I played so much more than him at that time and I did it so that I could get stronger.
I hadn't even thought about a clan at the time, I just wanted to get stronger because at that moment people were highly AP biased and all of the kicking and hate I got for being a weaker character I didn't want him to experience.
So when he was off at work I would grind and work to upgrade my gear so I could help him. I still remember when I got excited that someone would take me into sogun even tho I had absolutely no idea what I was doing.

Because of that extra grinding I always had a lead on Daniel. I think he felt like he had to catch up to me when all I ever wanted was for him to not have to worry about that sort of thing.
I like to think my efforts paid off because he did take his time to gear up and it was nice being able to teach him the game. Rambling aside, we had so much fun together just he and I.
After Daniel and I had gone through a few weeks of our routine I started bringing up how we would need a clan.
We hit a wall of some sort where we could routinely clear sogun but dungeons like EC, DT, those were over the mountain in front of us. (NF hadn't even come out yet.)
So I had looked around. I tried contacting broken oath but it seemed like an odd fit to me. Like it was just a clan with members, maybe some of those members were friends with each other and maybe some weren't.
Where as a collective they weren't all in it together. As Daniel and I continued on with our routine dailies always looking up at that mountain ahead I noticed in region chat Faze advertising for Grievance.
The name was so familiar. It instantly brought back memories from my Neverwinter days.

I didn't play much with Grievance when I had joined their clan on Neverwinter, if I recall correctly I think I had joined around the time I had started to lose interest in the game. Tho it was my first MMO and I loved the game to death, the lack of a caring dev team, no PTR team and a PTR realm that was only abused by players who wanted to find bugs and keep them under wraps til they could abuse them on live, and an ultimately crashed economy do to an extremely devastating bug.
I quit the game. Looking back I'm glad I did I'm also glad I joined Grievance right before quitting. I remember getting "annoying" news letters from Grievance all of the time until they eventually just stopped. Or maybe my email finally marked them as spam. I don't really know. But thanks to joining Grievance all those years ago I recognized the name and gave Faze a msg (This is starting to look like my final memoirs, I'll wrap it up I swear.)

Daniel and I joined Grievance soon after and you guys were absolutely awesome to us. Back then 10 gold made Daniel and I feel like the richest people in the game and you guys just handed us ornaments.
I honestly couldn't believe it at first. I quickly understood why tho. This wasn't just a clan of people who were maybe friends. This was a collective gathering of people who wanted to better each other for the sake of the clan.
Daniel and I geared up so quickly because of you, at first yea that was what was most important to me. Daniel and I were getting stronger and that was really great, but then I actually started talking with you guys. Like really talking and getting to know you, not on a personal level but just as a person. It quickly became more than just gearing. I didn't log on so I could get stronger. I logged on so I could hang out with you all while I played the game I loved.

Super fast forward to now.
I'm sitting here trying to catch up to Daniel in gear lol and I love logging in each day not just for the cosmetics (those are awesome tho.) and not because I need to grind my daily gold so I can try to catch up to Daniel.
But so I can see if sitsky is online, or maybe faze or even vivi. If it's just to say hi or wassup. Cuz that always makes me a little happier.

To get to the point of all of this.
For a while I've been living with my mom and brother.
She works as a manager at a bank and sacrificed her retirement savings to put my two sisters through college when my dad dipped from the picture.
She had started to save up again when our circumstances changed. Money became tight and I could see the stress it was putting on her.
My mother isn't as young as she use to be and I have been worried about her health and well being for some time. I took over managing the house. All of the chores and meals for a long while but that just wasn't enough.
So ultimately I am deciding to move out to lessen the financial burden on her. I also want my own life. My own house and a cute dog.
I also want to be financially secure so I can whale out on trove and when the time comes make sure my mom is able to retire comfortably. She deserves it with all of the work she has put in.

As of right now I will be moving out tomorrow.
I'll be online most of today. Finishing up what dailies I can and saying bye to some friends I've made in game.
I'm making this giant post because I don't know when exactly I'll be back.
My plan is to work hard for roughly 5 months til I can save up enough money at a facility that helps a person get on their own feet.
At that point I'll move out of that facility and into my own, hopefully establishing internet at the same time.
I know they have a policy about computers and using them in your rooms, etc. Things like that.
I'll see if I can work with the managers there and maybe I'll be on tomorrow or some time soon.
Worst case scenario I won't be online for a long while.
I figured I should let you all know rather than just disappearing leaving Daniel to awkwardly explain, at the same time I wanted to make this big ol' thank you post for some time. Just reminiscing over how I got here and thanking you all for being great people and helping both Daniel and I get to here.

Here is the sappy thank you part so don't keep reading if you're not into that.

Obviously firstly I'd like to thank Faze.
I figure I threw you off when I was talking about my boyfriend when we first met. You, like the rest of the clan members at the time probably thought I was a girl. Me not talking didn't help that at all either.
But when it came to light that we were both guys, no one said anything. It wasn't blown out of proportion and everyone acted like it was normal.
Words cannot express how happy no one reacting to that made me.
You're just awesome Faze. You helped Daniel and I from day one and even offered me an officer position when I hadn't been in the clan for that long. That also made me really happy. I felt like I actually mattered here.

Sitsky. We have a lot in common, our love for this game and our love for the grind are two really really big things.
When I was pushing out 12-15k dps you took me into yeti's time after time to help me out. I got so much out of that. Not just gold, so so much more than gold.
I got to see a lot about you as a person from those days of grinding which imprinted a picture of you that hasn't changed from this day.
You are a very intelligent selfless person who legitimately enjoys helping people. That's a rare thing.

Vivi. We don't talk too often but when we do I've always enjoyed our conversations.
You are so very easy to talk to and I can just spill whatever I'm feeling when I do.
You had made countless morning for me brighter when we would just hang out or even do dungeons.
I don't know if you knew that or not but you are a very sweet and gentle soul from what I've experienced.
You have an awesome energy to you and a knack for brightening my day.

Mikoto. We've only recently started really connecting. I blame you for not being around more to begin with,
In the time we have spent playing together you have been so much fun. You constantly have Daniel and I laughing and you are a very enjoyable person to be around.
I created a bond with you the quickest to where I was willing to sacrifice everything in this game if it meant you not quitting. (I'm glad I didn't tho, I would've had to salvage soooo many outfits.)
You're funny, fun to be around, and tho people give you crap for it. You're genuinely good at the game. As someone who has been a frequent patron to f8 I think I have a firm grasp on what a bad player is and you in no way fit any of those criteria.

You have all been so great as a clan and I've really enjoyed playing with everyone.
All of the new members and the old new members as well.
If you weren't mention that doesn't mean I don't appreciate you. It means I had to cut some corners to keep this post from quickly becoming a short novel.

If I get on tomorrow then this post will just be something I had been meaning to make for a while, and if I don't. I'll see you all when I see you.
What remains certain is I will be back and you guys might have to carry me all over again!! Image

P.S. Daniel will be regularly logging onto my account to do stuff like the dc and my crafting.

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: I'll be gone for a bit

Post by fazed » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 pm

CAV/NEKO/Jordan/(secretly still Daniel) you have been an awesome person to meet, you and Daniel both I will always call friends. Your words are very touching and honestly did bring tears to my eyes reading them (happy tears). I always believed life has a way of working itself out, weather through hard work or luck. And I am sure you will get through your times ahead. If you ever need anything for any reason I'm going to PM you my cell phone number. Don't be afraid to ever reach out and use it.

Vivianni
Member 1 year
Member 1 year

Post by Vivianni » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 pm

I would say the same about you and more! I'm gonna miss u and your kind/funny/patient personality so much!
Wishing the best for both you and your family. I admire u for what u r doing. Plz pm me if u need anything and I can see what I can do. Hope to see u back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darksahde
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by darksahde » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 am

Hey Jorden:

this is awesome news that you have gathered the courage to move out on your own. Not many people are able to muster that kind of courage these days.
I don't know how old you're but the start will be always rough, a lot of things to learn with good and bad lemons life will throwing at your face.
But one day you will stand tall, look back and enjoy your lemonade.

Kodo to you, and see you in a few.

--- Ian (Katzine)

sitsky
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by sitsky » Thu May 04, 2017 2:43 pm

{Been wanting to make this reply since you returned, but too... well.. pre-occupied! :P}

Are you back already or is Daniel messing with us again?! :P
Hehehehehe, I was really sad you thought you were getting away from us, because it seemed you were :(
At the same time, I knew you couldn't get far! :)

I am here if you want to talk about next step options! :)
In the meantime,

Lets KILL THINGS!
~S