The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Thinking of giving BnS a go

kotoro
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Thinking of giving BnS a go

Post by kotoro » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:14 pm

I downloaded BnS and was thinking of doing it as my main game. Any suggestions on a class for a noobie. I have general been a melee player but can do ranged. Just unsure with the action aspect of BnS how well I can do melee.
The Lawbringer Legacy

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: Thinking of giving BnS a go

Post by fazed » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:35 pm

So this is a super quick overview could go into more details later tonight

Melee
Blade master, best overall tanks in the game. Super strong dps wise as well. Brings group protection buffs.

Kung Fu Master, also very good tank. But swaps protection buffs for critical party buffs.

Blade dancer, very utility heavy class with good dps. Tons of CC. Gives party buffs via grab mechanic and also provides party protection buff.

Assassin, brings stealth mechanic into the fold by offering party protection and critical party buffs. Only class with poison.

Destroyer, brings similar grab mechanic as blade dancer. No real party buff per say. Absolutely monsters in Battleground pvp if played correctly.

Soul fighter, brings a party heal. Very mobile high dps has the ability to switch to range stance and continue dps so no down time during mechanics if played correctly.

Ranged

Force master, high DPS brings a very good party protection.

Warlock, brings best party buff in the game (soul burn) it's like all your moves just got steroids. Very good dps as well.

Summoner, the only true pet (cat) class in the game. Offers party heals/protection. Good DPS. Everyone will hate you in pvp when you are on the other team. But love you when you are with them.

sitsky
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by sitsky » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:53 pm

I'll throw a few words too :) on the "class for a noobie", none really :)
This game is so much more than anything else I've played that, its up to you how much you want to do in each fight and there is always more you can do! :)

The concept of "Rogue spamming sinister strike and its ok", doesn't exist here :)
Some fights are not even dps based or single tank style based :)

Actually there are even ppl that say "every class can be a tank" and they are technically correct.
{Even though some classes can generate more threat than other classes}

Play what you like to imagine your self as!

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by fazed » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:00 pm

sitsky wrote: Actually there are even ppl that say "every class can be a tank" and they are technically correct.
Add if sitsky holds back dps anyone can tank

kotoro
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by kotoro » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:43 pm

thanks for the input. Just trying to decide what to try.
The Lawbringer Legacy

kotoro
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by kotoro » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Update got Summoner to like 14 and Soul Fighter to 12. Had a kinda productive go at it. My back was killing me so I could not sleep but I did have to take breaks.
The Lawbringer Legacy

Shukrat
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Shukrat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Blade and Soul has some of the best combat system in any mmorpg in my opinion. With that being said melee in blade and soul can be very unforgiving... Lot easier time with range. I have always been a tank or healer my first instinct in this game was roll a KFM, I did that for most of the first year got to 50 hm 11 but just got so bored with it sure I leveled a Blade Dancer up, I got on the hype train with Soul Fighter got it to hm8, I have other toons i leveled up then I decided to give Sin a go I have not looked back since. Keep in mind not telling you to be a Sin it is one of the hardest mechanical classes in the game to master i still learn something new here and there and im hm 10 lol. But that is my personal experience. As a new player and not sure if you can or want to struggle in melee range honestly I would Recommend a Warlock they recently got a huge buff as far as party buff and overall dps. If played correctly you can be the king of dps... Plus every party wants Soulburn. But when it all comes down to it its what feels right to you. You are responsible for keeping yourself alive just depends on how you want to do it. How will you start your legend?

Kung Fu Master - One of the Threat classes and The most reactive class in the game most of its skills requiring either the player or their enemies to be in a specific state to use them. Reactive everything within seconds Very Ping reliant, relies stacking Pressure points for dps. Will make your hands hurt.

Blade Dancer - Little speed demons generally aren't known for their PvE except to grab bosses, but they do have a reputation for being very irritating in PvP. Solid dps if you can learn the skills and manage your focus the class is very Focus Reliant.

Blade Master - Second of the Threat classes. Jack of all trades master of none. good solo class It's got good damage, mobility, survivability, a manual block, and crowd control

Warlock - Medium ranged class. class has a massive aoe and good single targer. great all around class Take Force Master and Summoner smash together kinda. Downsides to dps is your iframes are limited and your squishy. Rely on keeping targets away. On upside every party will want you because you have the best skill in game Soulburn.

Assassin - This is the most mobile class in the game and it can hold its own in both PvE and PvP situations. Mixes the elements of mobility, close combat and weakening techniques to kill enemies Relies on poison stacking and combo management and Very Ping reliant.

Soul Fighter - Are powerful with very little effort, and even more powerful with a lot of effort. mix of Force Master and Kung Fu Master. Can do Range and Melee but melee will be top. Very resource reliant and the ability to execute combos. Has tons of iframes, and can party rez. Earth build is very ping reliant.

Destroyer - They're extremely durable and have a fair amount of crowd control up their sleeves and god help if they can catch their target. Pve dps rather lacking at the moment but shine in pvp but as the name imply's Destroyer's Destroy any opponent the get ahold of.

Force Master - Is one of the easiest classes because of its ranged attacks, basically constant crowd control, and high damage downside as any other mage you are a glass cannon. Most will say they are not great in pvp I disagree if you master the class Force Masters can be very formidable opponents.

Summoner - Only real support class in my opinion. Need to control both their character and their cat, who can be used as a tank in PvE and a annoyance in PvP, Easy class to pick up and learn.

It has to start somewhere It has to start sometime. What better place than here, what better time than now?

sitsky
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by sitsky » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:53 pm

Pretty much perfect description of all classes in the least amount of words :)
All I can do is emphasize a few points.

KFM - NEED LOW PING!

BD - ALL CCs. They can literally do all types on their own x2.

BM - Jack of ALL TRADES! True! and can tank with whatever ping.

WL - Prepare to stand still! No real mobility.
But when it takes 4 ppl to kill me in 6v6 or 3secs from a good WL well... he no need to move LOL!
Soulburn gives you wings! :)

SIN - Sneaky :) Until you freeze them :)

SF - Fazed has the bar as high as it goes in this!
I have not seen an SF better than him anywhere... Its very easy to let him outdps me :P

Summoner - Cute! I think this was left out! :) Also summoners are the widest range of players, I have killed summoners in 10secs and got killed by them in 10secs, and everything in between!
They seem to have like 100 builds, not sure if they do, might just be player range.

FM - Hardest class to comment on because I know them too well. FM is the easiest class, by far, to play and be good, maybe even great, in the game. Want to do more with them, well get in line! I still mess up all the time! You can stand there and rain hell on the target and you'll shine, but as soon as you start trying to do more and jump in and out of fire and frost stance and all that... well things can get ugly... also fail as FM you'll be standing alone around dead party members :(

kotoro
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by kotoro » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Thanks everyone for the input. I got my Summoner to like 26 and a Soul Fighter to like 20. Enjoying the game so far. Like and guild in Grievance everyone has been real nice and helpful.
The Lawbringer Legacy

kotoro
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by kotoro » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Been afk for a few days. Had to go out of town. I should be back on some time tomorrow. At work right now. Been thinking of what to do. I got 2 extra character slots. Might give warlock a try.
The Lawbringer Legacy