The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

English patch breaks new update, JP!

Anti Hero
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

English patch breaks new update, JP!

Post by Anti Hero » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:27 pm

The last update does not allow for the use of the English patch, so do not apply it. If you do you will get error (1005)(183) meaning there are corrupted files. We will just have to play without the patch until there is an update to it, or until we get our beta.

Lotharen
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: English patch breaks new update, JP!

Post by Lotharen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Anti Hero wrote:The last update does not allow for the use of the English patch, so do not apply it. If you do you will get error (1005)(183) meaning there are corrupted files. We will just have to play without the patch until there is an update to it, or until we get our beta.
They updated the patch today. Redownload and you will be good to go. Also, make sure you back up the original .xml file so that you can patch it back (game will work as normal if you do), in the case a new patch breaks it again.

You can get the new patch here: http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/1 ... anslation/

Anti Hero
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Anti Hero » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Cool, thanks Lotharen

Edit: I was using the manual patch, not the "patcher". So trying to change the xml manually still doesn't work but patcher does lol

Lotharen
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Lotharen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Anti Hero wrote:Cool, thanks Lotharen

Edit: I was using the manual patch, not the "patcher". So trying to change the xml manually still doesn't work but patcher does lol
I patched manual too. I didn't use the patcher. There is a manual link a little bit further down the page.

Edit: I will say my entire thing was corrupt and I had to reinstall. If you still run into that problem you can reinstall or try the file checker, that's the button on the lower left hand of the launcher. It will check and hopfully fix the problem.

Anti Hero
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Anti Hero » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:09 pm

I used the manual link before the patch, worked fine. Tried using it after the patch and got the error message, tried repairing the client via button on bottom left twice, nothing. Put original xml back in place and used the patcher and everything worked fine. No biggie everything is back up and running smooth.

Lotharen
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Lotharen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Glad to hear it work straight for you now. Odd that it worked for me and not you.....computers, they have a mind of there own sometimes.

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Its little things like this that keep me from setting up my own JP account. I will just hog Lotharen's from time to time and use up one of his character slots :P