Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Tigerlily's Alpha Crafting tips

Fox
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Tigerlily's Alpha Crafting tips

Post by Fox » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Crafting from the Alpha 1 attempts:

I tried doing every single crafting profession available. Here are things to consider for launch/Beta:
1. You don't "gather" resources. You find them, unlock them, and can then order/reorder those resources from that chosen profession (I.E: I join the stonecutter gathering guild. I find sandstone and turn it in. From there on out I can order a 10 stack of sandstone to be mined for me for 5 copper and it takes 30 minutes each time).

Crafting is done the same way as above. Once I receive all of my orders for materials, I can then place an order to craft an item. Dependent on the tier and type of craft, this item can take from 30 minutes to several hours.

2. Crafting professions have 2 unofficial paths that require multiple gathering professions. This means you can't have everything you need on 1 character to craft ALL items from a chosen crafting profession. You WILL need 2 characters to make everything in a single profession, or buy mats from the auction house.
I.E: I take Gem making, which makes Accessories, and gems. Gems require items from Pottery guild quests, Woodcutter quests, stone-cutting, AND prospecting(mining). If I make accessories ONLY i will need prospecting, pottery, and hunting (still 3 gathering skills). If i wanted to make EVERYTHING that gemming can make, then I would need 4 gathering professions and 2 other crafting professions (for quest turn in rewards to use in recipes).

3. The 6 initial crafting professions are Pottery, Ruby ring (gemming), Weapon forging, Armor crafting, Cooking, and Bopae (soul shield crafting).

4. Pottery: This can be used with culinary make soups and quest materials will be needed to make refining oils used to craft higher tier items.

5. Red Ring: Used to make accessories and Gems. Accessories might turn a profit (when you craft the ones needed to "evolve" main weapons, which are otherwise only gotten from dungeons. Gemming requires gemstones which can ONLY be gotten from daily quest rewards or from salvaging gems. Only +Attack gems will be sought after in the beginning (imo) this you won't make ANY profits from gemming until end game, but you may make a profit with accessories at mid-high level for people to lazy or unable to do dungeons for quest item drops to evolve their weapons. Also, with the level 50 cap, the accessories are slightly better than the non end tier drops. This means those that can't do the end dungeons/raids will want those crafted peices. Lastly you can make "keys" needed to open up chests. There are green keys, & blue keys. Green keys are random class item on chest open. Blue is class specific item on chest open.

6. Weapon forging: Same as accessories above. Profit from mid-high level to use crafted peices to "evolve" specialty weapons for those that can't do, or never get the right RNG in specific dungeons. Weapons are slightly better than non end raid/dungeon weapons post level 45.

7. Soul Shield: No current way to make profit. Due to drops in game at the moment I found that you don't need any good soul shield peices till 35+ where stuff started getting a lot harder to kill and a lot less unforgiving when you miss a move. Also there are more mobs. In the beginning (levels 1-25) the mobs are mind dead easy for an average player. The purple colored (highest tier) Soul Shields are dropped in specific dungeons, meaning no one will buy your soul shields unless they're purple. The cost of upgrading Soul Shields to purple are so crazy expensive that you end up losing profits. It is only for personal use imo at the time i played Alpha 1. You can also make upgrade stones that help in leveling up weapons, but the materials are also not cost efficient at all, meaning for personal use. You won't make a lot of profit unless you are a front runner grinding out the materials and selling them right off the bat for huge profits to those willing to burn $$$$ to be the fits to level cap and gear cap.

8. Culinary: Useful for buffs, buffs, and more buffs. Also +XP, +Loot drop, & +XP from PvP or PvE combat. Thats all i've seen thus far. Requires Pottery, Hunting, Fishing, green thumb (herb gathering), so thats 5 professions total used.

Lastly, each profession guild will give you quest rewards used for crafting OR gathering. For example, Pottery for some reason gives you special mining picks, used to mine nodes for specialty crafting stones used in weapon forging and accessories/gemming. Woodcutting does the same for Sap, and Green Thumb for specialty fabric items.

Daily quest rewards: These rewards give you items you will need for crafting items to use in higher tier crafting, so doing your dailies will become part of your crafting/gathering.

Daily spin wheel: Players get 3 wheel spins daily, (5 if a subscriber) you can also win these crafting items from the spin wheel each day

More to follow with Alpha 2.

KhazGrey
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Re: Tigerlily's Alpha Crafting tips

Post by KhazGrey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:40 pm

There is no potions crafting ?

Fox
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: Tigerlily's Alpha Crafting tips

Post by Fox » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:34 am

Actually there IS potion crafting, however i omitted it (sorry). I didn't get a chance to get into potion crafting before the servers went down. If you don't get in for Alpha 2 this coming weekend, I will make sure to update my original post with everything i can learn from potion crafting.