Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Application

Bagelsworth

Application

Post by Bagelsworth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:01 am

Your in game name: Caedmila
Your age: 26
Time zone: PST (California)
Hobbies: Gaming, Creative Writing, Anime, Comedy, History, "exotic musical exploration" (i.e. messing with jaw harps, otamatones, and an interest in instruments like the Chinese guzheng and Japanese shamisen (though I've never really played anything))
Real life things you do: Sit on my ass at the computer all day because I have nothing better to do - Project Director/Leader Writer for a Work-In-Progress Lesbian Romance Visual Novel)
Play times: Pretty much all day every day unless something comes up out of nowhere, though I don't like playing the same thing for too long (unless I don't feel like doing anything else for some reason)
Short history of your gaming experience: I've been playing games of all sorts since I was 4 years old. Some of my first games were the original Warcraft, the original Masters of Orion, Doom, Marathon, and other early 90s titles. I enjoyed games when the Nintendo 64 came out such as Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, and Banjo Kazooie (I regret never beating either of the N64 Zelda Games). In most recent times, I've had no interest in most sports games, I generally dislike turn-based games, but enjoy certain ones like Civilization 6 that give you differing factions and things to choose from. Most games I like are Story-Rich RPGs such as Mass Effect or Fable, and I also enjoy FPS games such as Overwatch (PC). I do enjoy mmos - generally when I have fun people to play and talk with. I get bored quickly and quit mmos if I spend too long doing things by myself because I don't play MMOs to be alone. Right now, I'm most excited for games like Crackdown 3, Fortnite, and Detroit: Being Human to release and come out.
Anything else you'd like to add. We like to know as much info as your willing to give us.: I'm a quiet, high-functioning autistic, though you probably won't be able to tell on voice chats or anything. I have a somewhat easier time talking to people over the internet, though new voices freak me out for a while until I get used to it. Once I do, I like to be a sarcastic, witty, nonsensical goof because I feel that life is boring if you can't laugh at just about everything and be stupid for the fun of it. Some of my favorite actors include Johnny Depp, and Jim Carrey, whose humors influenced my own (Depp for the witty silliness, and Carrey for the over-the-top obnoxious stupidity).

I have 20 years experience in creative writing, though you'll never find me saying that I think I am a good writer. I enjoy romantic comedies the most and bore easily with dramas or actions (some exceptions). I enjoy a good romance anime as well, and absolutely adore Yuri (Lesbian) ones that have actual romance and not stupid cliche cliffhanger endings. I do not find any weird gratification in such stories, but rather have a more intelllectual, story-loving approach to it. I'm a hetero-demisexual, meaning that I find women attractive, but find anything beyond hugs and kisses to be extremely boring, non-worthwhile, and pointless without emotional bonds. I favor plump and thick-waisted women to smaller, slender ones, but I am not shallow, and think women are beautiful regardless of their waistline or other measurements.

Until 2012, I was engaged to a wonderful woman named Amelia, who sadly passed away shortly after we got engaged due to cancer. I am a hopeless, vanilla romantic, and have no hopes of finding anyone who could love me again, but won't give up despite that. My dream girl is one who is just as nerdy and into games and anime as I am, loves all sorts of humor, and can laugh and be just as stupidly humorous as I can be.

As I said before, I am a high-functioning autistic, so while I AM capable of very, extremely slow-going, awkward, unapproachable socialization, it's extremely difficult for me, and I seldom start conversations. I feel this negatively impacts me as far as employment goes as employers want confident, sociable, charismatic people to work for them, and I'm none of those things in person. I struggle with academics, but love history and learning languages. While I'm only fluent in English, I do know enough Japanese, German, and Spanish to hold a bit of a conversation (give or take some comprehension due to forgetfulness, and no, I can't read Japanese Kanji. Just the two kanas). Ultimately, I'd like to be an ESL (English as Second Language) teacher specializing in Far-East Asian dialects, though I never want to live anywhere but the states. A bit of a conflict there, I suppose, but my college does get a fairly regular set of exchange students from Japan, China, Korea, etc.

Also, I love cheese.

sitsky
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Re: Application

Post by sitsky » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:08 am

Caed! :)
You don't know me yet, so might take this the way people use it in everyday life, but its hard to find other words to use:
I really appreciate your post, and thank you for it!
Welcome to Grievance!

Hahahaha! As I read your post I was thinking, awesome another FM :)
Then I checked your F2 and saw Caedmila is a Sin, and thought, ok fair enough...
Obviously then I checked your other characters to see what advice to give you as you seemed new to the game, and yeap your only lvl50 is an FM :)

I think you'll find a great home here with Grievance, and even more once you experience Blade and Soul with our company you'll find some rest in searching for a game to absorb you!

We work on a very "collective" mode, trying to put the clan above of individuals as much as it makes sense.
So expect a lot of help coming your way, until you can hold your own.
This help unfortunately can materialize in actual game actions once you finish the story line.
Even during it though we can assist you with advice and guidance on your gearing and skills, so do not shy from asking anything!
{Personally I am ill-placed to do this part, as I do not do alts, so the last time I went through the story and gearing was over 14 months ago, but we have people that do alts, and a self-confessed altoholic, so drop questions on them why no remorse!}

Once you are done with the story, most probably I'll take over and gear you up. at least for the parts I can help on.

Being on TS is a great help. You don't have to jump in and be all talkative and open, but at least jumping on with mic muted for starts helps a lot. The amount of information we have to dump on you is quite a lot so typing is very inefficient. As well as just sitting around in the lobby you'll hear us chat about the game in general terms and pick up things through osmosis. Also since some of us are usually multi-tasking and killing things while talking, the eye often forgets to look at the chat window...

We have a predefined clan schedule, for the time slot of 9pm-11pm EST for doing something together 6 days a week, but you'll find most of us running things together outside those times all the time, so don't think we only play 2 hours a day, there are others that are having issues with getting a job too, hehehehehehe.... *who me????*

I'll leave it at this and throw more info on you in game/TS :)

Welcome to a new way of killing things! :)
~S

Skye

Post by Skye » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:34 am

A warm welcome home to Grievance! You have joined a great organization with caring leadership. If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please let your officers know! I am also here as a resource for you as Community Manager. You can visit our community forums, stop by and say hi or post your questions about Grievance or share a story, art, news, and pics. I would love to hear from you!

Did you know we are having our own con?! Check it out HERE!

8-)

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by fazed » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Welcome to Blade and Soul Chapter of Grievance. Thank you for completing the application.

Fazed Beifong ÔÇô Guild Leader
Officers:
Sitsky ÔÇô Executive Officer
Kanashi Neko (CAV) - Recruitment Officer
Falced (Mikiku) - Task Manager
Leigh Wong (Asuka Soryu) - Task Manager

Teamspeak info found here
viewtopic.php?f=458&t=8346
Please read over our charter
viewtopic.php?f=985&t=47712
And our group rules
viewtopic.php?f=959&t=47447