The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Mark of Death talent

Cambios

Mark of Death talent

Post by Cambios » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:50 pm

There is some question about how this talent works and how good it is.

From what I am reading, it procs randomly. Once it procs, 20% of the damage you deal during it's uptime will then get applied when it expires.

For heavy burst classes, I imagine this isn't necessary ideal since it can proc while your burst is down.

Also, it seems to be broken entirely right now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comme ... _of_death/

I'd like to find out

1) What the proc rate is like.

2) How long the uptime/timer of it is.

3) How long the internal cooldown is until it can proc again.

Andros
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Re: Mark of Death talent

Post by Andros » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Actually its recommended for burst classes exactly for this reason. As a Kinetic, if it procs while I'm doing Sledgehammer and buffed by an Alch/LB all that damage that I did on that 5 second window will be applied again on the mob, which will be insane.

While I get that you want to know how much it procs, it probably is equal to Lacerated Wounds, which I have and I can tell you it procs on almost every 2nd or 3rd attack I do. Also you need to consider that this symbol will be reworked in the future and divided into 3 nodes for 12%/22%/30% or something like that from what I read from Wyck the RU OBT player in the official forums.

If I find more information, I will update this post and let you know.
Andros Trevelyan
SKYFORGE
"Making Aelion a better place, one mob at a time."
*FAMILY* *HONOR* *LOYALTY*

Cambios

Post by Cambios » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:13 am

Andros wrote:Actually its recommended for burst classes exactly for this reason. As a Kinetic, if it procs while I'm doing Sledgehammer and buffed by an Alch/LB all that damage that I did on that 5 second window will be applied again on the mob, which will be insane.
Yeah, it is all about how often it procs. If it procs like lacerated wounds, its going to be great.

Either way, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this soonish (though I delayed it a bit to get some more Max Recoils and Ult Strengths). The nodes in that direction are very expensive. I figured out it would cost over 11k sparks just to get to the Max Recoil that's about half way to Mark of Death.

Hearing that it might be buggy right now on EU/NA was enough to make me push it a few weeks away before I invest the 20-30k sparks it will cost to get it.
Andros wrote: If I find more information, I will update this post and let you know.
Cool.

Andros
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Andros » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:08 am

The problem I'm having is that I had forgotten about these symbols and went crazy unlocking classes. So my atlas is not the most efficient right now. I am correcting that as I unlock classes for more symbol slots, which is my ultimate goal.
Andros Trevelyan
SKYFORGE
"Making Aelion a better place, one mob at a time."
*FAMILY* *HONOR* *LOYALTY*