The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Scaling

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Scaling

Post by Zippity » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:27 am

Based off Nova and Hermionee experimenting with the Scaling Change for group mechanics: In order for the Prestige Scaling to work, you have to select Group Finder... If the instance is a 1-3 and your group only has 2 people, the game will fill the 3rd spot with a PUG but the scaling works correctly... If you do not select Group Finder, then it will treat the group as it did before today, without filling the extra spots but and No Prestige Scaling will occur...

Prestige Scaling still requires that all members be eligible to enter the instance, and it will either scale down or up based on the member initiating the Group Finder...

Zip

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Re: Scaling

Post by Doran » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:43 am

What happens if you have 3? Or 5?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Harmonee
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Harmonee » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Full groups get scaled but you have to select enter as group.
(=^´¢Ñ¤ë´¢Ñ^)y´╝Ø

Hermionee Granger

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Doran » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Ok that makes sense, so you can choose either way

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Reading the forums today, there already seems to be a lot of hate for the scaling.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55 ... b94?page=1

From what I gather, in order to get the highest proficiency gear you want, you either have to do it SOLO or queue as a premade. Punished for using the group finder? Seems kinda backwards to me.

However, it;s great for Pantheon groups where we can all get loot now. Still not sure the scaling is doable for 5mans when we tried it earlier (we were slaughtered).
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Raille
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Raille » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Since I exclusively group with the guild it works for me ;)

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Zippity » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:52 pm

My personal opinion on the Scaling system after many PUG groups, is that it needs some work. When PUG'ing a group with it, if the distance between members of the group are far apart, the highest person could end up pulling agro a lot, even with a pug tank in the group.

As an example, I am aroun 23k Prestige, and one of the groups I was placed with a 600 or so Paladin and a 2500 or so Kinetic. The Tank had so little skills, he/she could never keep agro, and the Kinetic was doing such low amounts of damage, that on my first white damage attack, I had agro... And this was the theme through the whole run... I died several times, and we had about 3 total wipes... The boss fights took a long time, since I was really the only person doing any real damage...

Next PUG, I was placed with two DPS peeps around 2k each... Again, I kept agro most of the time, but at least one of the other DPS had more then basic attacks for their class and on occasion pulled some agro during moments when I had to kite around or build up energy... I still died several times, as I am a squishy glass cannon, and not a tank...

Another PUG I was with two Slayers at around 10k each, and things were a lot better that run, even though I pulled agro 80 percent of the time... I only died a couple times, mostly due to the pug members not knowing the end boss mechanics...

All in all, I don't hate the Scaling system, but I do believe that for PUGing, it is a roll of the dice as to how good the group is going to be if the difference in Prestige levels amongst the members is a lot... For Pre-Formed Pantheon groups, it shouldn't be as bad...

Zip

Zulnir
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Zulnir » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:57 am

Zippity wrote:My personal opinion on the Scaling system after many PUG groups, is that it needs some work. When PUG'ing a group with it, if the distance between members of the group are far apart, the highest person could end up pulling agro a lot, even with a pug tank in the group.

As an example, I am aroun 23k Prestige, and one of the groups I was placed with a 600 or so Paladin and a 2500 or so Kinetic. The Tank had so little skills, he/she could never keep agro, and the Kinetic was doing such low amounts of damage, that on my first white damage attack, I had agro... And this was the theme through the whole run... I died several times, and we had about 3 total wipes... The boss fights took a long time, since I was really the only person doing any real damage...

Next PUG, I was placed with two DPS peeps around 2k each... Again, I kept agro most of the time, but at least one of the other DPS had more then basic attacks for their class and on occasion pulled some agro during moments when I had to kite around or build up energy... I still died several times, as I am a squishy glass cannon, and not a tank...

Another PUG I was with two Slayers at around 10k each, and things were a lot better that run, even though I pulled agro 80 percent of the time... I only died a couple times, mostly due to the pug members not knowing the end boss mechanics...

All in all, I don't hate the Scaling system, but I do believe that for PUGing, it is a roll of the dice as to how good the group is going to be if the difference in Prestige levels amongst the members is a lot... For Pre-Formed Pantheon groups, it shouldn't be as bad...

Zip
I had the exact same experience yesterday. Even though I only have 12k prestige I never got into a group where I was the lowest prestige and as such I pulled a lot of agro and died. The lowest tank I had was 600 prestige, and the highest was 1k. This was in a total of about 8-9 runs that I did. I then did a run with Nova and Guiness and the run went fine.
"Tobin's Spirit Guide- Lesson one, Do NOT upset the slimes..."

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Doran » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:11 am

Scaling up a tank that far is bad news, especially without the increased aggro talent. I think they should narrow the prestige gap to like 5k prestige difference or so (or roughly a week or twos worth) so people arent 20k prestige apart.

Seems like you can bring up 1 or 2 people and be ok but if you are scaling up 4 people you will be sad

Durus
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Durus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:04 am

Opening night of "Prestige: The Scaling" does have some mixed reviews from gaming audiences. Let's hope the sequel is better. ;)

I can echo much of the sentiment from this thread thus far. My limited forays yesterday with scaling as a 25K-P tank was shaky at best. It was a bit rocky for me to survive some pulls in an all Pantheon run but through the power of teamspeak and communication, the runs were successful. When I went in with some PUGs comprised of all lower Prestige folks, it usually involved me maintaining aggro for all the fights but them face planting, allowing the tank to slog away at 8 bars of boss. It was okay though, they coached me on the mechanics to make sure I understood the fight while they were watching. ;)

I'm planning on playing most with the Pantheon through these trying, scaling, times. ;)
Durus
Live well. Be well.
@thedurus ~ http://twitch.tv/thedurus