The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

So....

Moebius
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

So....

Post by Moebius » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:03 pm

I bought a Nvidia GTX 970 and decided to try this game out and push my new card to see how it performs. At max settings I am getting about 50-60 fps.

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Re: So....

Post by Zippity » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:03 am

Grats on your new vid card...

To really push the limits of a video card you need to test it with games designed to take advantage of all the bells and whistles of your card. Usually First Person Shooters or more high resolution action games tend to do that. MMORPG's are really not a good test bed for testing out high end video cards. Skyforge averages around the FPS you are seeing, regardless of how high an FPS your card is capable of going... Either this is a built in limiter, or the game just doesn't need to go that high... Plus, the FPS in MMORPG's can be effected by more than just your video card, such as available RAM, what programs you have running in the background, your internet connection from your PC to the game Servers, game server response time, and the list goes on...

If you can play the game pretty much lag free most of the time, than you should be fine, regardless if the FPS you desire isn't going into the 100's with all it's settings maxed out...

I wouldn't judge an MMORPG based purely on how high you can get it's FPS on your vid card...

Zip

Azliet
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Azliet » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:51 pm

if you have it try the card on Witcher 3. That game made me upgrade from my 670 to a 970 and it was a major improvement.

Skye

Post by Skye » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:27 pm

A warm welcome to Skyforge Grievance!

8-)