The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Getting better weapon

Azliet
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Getting better weapon

Post by Azliet » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:20 am

Anyone got any tips to get better weapons?

I've had my main hand chainsaw for quite a while and haven't found anything to replace it with yet. It only has 129 might but a 74% buff to fracture. I've received a few with higher might but either they were white with no skill buff or they buffed a skill I barely used.

What zone would you recommend farming to get better weapon? I just broke the 6k prestige.

side note: I haven't done any of the 5 man content yet. Do they drop better gear or is it just random like everywhere else?

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Getting better weapon

Post by Sera » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:48 am

Just keep running solo/3 man dungeons. That's the only place you'll get a weapon drop and if you're lucky you'll get another blue chainsaw with fracture on it. Honestly don't worry about it too much, you can get a lot of might from your equipment upgrade slots (enhancement stones/particles of mastery) and from your order/temples.

For 5 man dungeons the only purple/gold gear you'll get will be amulets. Rings and weapons won't drop until 10 man raids (Isabella for rings, Distortions for weapons).

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:51 am

It's just RNG for gear. :)

Try running the most difficult adventures you can, preferably in a group. Chances are you will find some upgrades.

Use this Google doc as a reference https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Find your proficiency, then look at the highest content you can run with your prestige.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Azliet
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Azliet » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:17 am

Thanks. It's good to know I've just been unlucky and not actively gimping myself by running the wrong things lol

I just wish I would get more weapon for my current class and not the ones I haven't played yet but I understand how RNG works and complaining won't change anything about that lol.

Zulnir
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Zulnir » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:17 am

Azliet wrote:Anyone got any tips to get better weapons?

I've had my main hand chainsaw for quite a while and haven't found anything to replace it with yet. It only has 129 might but a 74% buff to fracture. I've received a few with higher might but either they were white with no skill buff or they buffed a skill I barely used.

What zone would you recommend farming to get better weapon? I just broke the 6k prestige.

side note: I haven't done any of the 5 man content yet. Do they drop better gear or is it just random like everywhere else?
Yesterday I got about 4 weapon upgrades two of them blue just from running impossible squad missions ( 3 man). Hope that helps.
"Tobin's Spirit Guide- Lesson one, Do NOT upset the slimes..."

Corwin

Post by Corwin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am

The queue is no fun. But PVP is a great source for weapons close to your proficiency level. So out in an open zone queue for the 3v3.

Win or lose does not matter and its only 7 mins. Did it twice last night and got main and off hands that were a lot better than I had.

Zulnir
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Zulnir » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:39 am

Corwin wrote:The queue is no fun. But PVP is a great source for weapons close to your proficiency level. So out in an open zone queue for the 3v3.

Win or lose does not matter and its only 7 mins. Did it twice last night and got main and off hands that were a lot better than I had.
Think I will stick to the 3 mans for gear, getting destroyed by 3 cyros on my Alchemist wasn't fun at all. I think I pulled out to kills on that match...barely. LOL
"Tobin's Spirit Guide- Lesson one, Do NOT upset the slimes..."

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:26 am

Corwin wrote:The queue is no fun. But PVP is a great source for weapons close to your proficiency level. So out in an open zone queue for the 3v3.

Neder test area will give the same rewards as PVP (as will Aristel's farm I believe).

Azliet
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Azliet » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:33 am

Sera wrote:

Neder test area will give the same rewards as PVP (as will Aristel's farm I believe).
Oh this is good to know. I don't really have any problem in there so I could easily go in and out quickly. (no queue there compared to PvP)

Corwin

Post by Corwin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:35 pm

I just zone in and go make coffee :)

Yes Nedder does too I just have closer gear to my prof in the pvp. It may just be RNG :)