The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Couple questions

Zulnir
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: Couple questions

Post by Zulnir » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:04 am

Well that sucks as I don't like any of the starter classes. Which is why I bought the collectors edition to use Alchemist instead. Was hoping to still try out the other classes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Tobin's Spirit Guide- Lesson one, Do NOT upset the slimes..."

ChezKurg
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by ChezKurg » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:13 am

Zulnir wrote:Well that sucks as I don't like any of the starter classes. Which is why I bought the collectors edition to use Alchemist instead. Was hoping to still try out the other classes though.

You don't actually have to play any of the starter classes.

You have Alchemist. You start Alchemist on the Alchemist tree and unlock talents and abilities while you play it. Eventually you will reach a point in the Alchemist tree where you only unlock abilities using Alchemist sparks (not the color sparks any longer).

This also unlocks the Upper Ascension Atlas (UAA) where you can path to other classes as well as use colored sparks to increase your attributes for ALL classes.

In order to unlock Gunner who will path from the Lightbringer (or Paladin or Cyromancer if you choose) to Gunner using colored sparks you earn while playing the ALCHEMIST (or whatever class you have unlocked).

You can continue to play Alchemist while pathing in the UAA (using colored sparks) to Gunner. At the same time, while playing Alchemist, you are earning class sparks to open all the talents and abilities of the Alchemist.

Once you have completely unlocked Alchemist, you will being receiving Sparks of Creation that can be used in any class atlas you have unlocked (by switching to that class temporarily. You don't have to actually play it).

So, once you reach Gunner, you can start playing the Gunner, or continue to play Alchemist and use the Creation Sparks to open the Gunner abilities while playing Alchemist. That way when you start playing Gunner, you can have it's basic abilities unlocked to make playing as that class much easier.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Zulnir
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Zulnir » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:19 am

ChezKurg wrote:
Zulnir wrote:Well that sucks as I don't like any of the starter classes. Which is why I bought the collectors edition to use Alchemist instead. Was hoping to still try out the other classes though.

You have Alchemist. You start Alchemist on the Alchemist tree and unlock talents and abilities while you play it. Eventually you will reach a point in the Alchemist tree where you only unlock abilities using Alchemist sparks (not the color sparks any longer).

This also unlocks the Upper Ascension Atlas (UAA) where you can path to other classes as well as use colored sparks to increase your attributes for ALL classes.

In order to unlock Gunner who will path from the Lightbringer (or Paladin or Cyromancer if you choose) to Gunner using colored sparks you earn while playing the ALCHEMIST (or whatever class you have unlocked).

You can continue to play Alchemist while pathing in the UAA (using colored sparks) to Gunner. At the same time, while playing Alchemist, you are earning class sparks to open all the talents and abilities of the Alchemist.

Once you have completely unlocked Alchemist, you will being receiving Sparks of Creation that can be used in any class atlas you have unlocked (by switching to that class temporarily. You don't have to actually play it).

So, once you reach Gunner, you can start playing the Gunner, or continue to play Alchemist and use the Creation Sparks to open the Gunner abilities while playing Alchemist. That way when you start playing Gunner, you can have it's basic abilities unlocked to make playing as that class much easier.

Ok I think I got the gist, so in that third paragraph, I have opened the main atlas and it doesn't matter from which I progress from? I can still play Alchemist and use points or crystals or whatever they are called to reach Gunner?

ChezKurg
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by ChezKurg » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 am

Zulnir wrote:
ChezKurg wrote:

Ok I think I got the gist, so in that third paragraph, I have opened the main atlas and it doesn't matter from which I progress from? I can still play Alchemist and use points or crystals or whatever they are called to reach Gunner?

Correct. You can progress the UAA from any of the three "starting" classes, Paladin, LB, or Cryo using the colored sparks you get while playing Alchemist.

Zulnir
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Zulnir » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 am

Ok so the points I put into the main atlas for light bringer, those "bonuses" will translate to the Alchemist, even though I'm not playing Light bringer?

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:03 am

correct. The only downside to putting points in the Lightbringer tree is any of the red nodes that contain abilities are technically "wasted" red sparks since you don't play LB. However, any stat nodes that you pick up along the way will increase your character permanently for any character you play.

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Zippity » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:04 am

When doing the Find Path function, it tries to show you the shortest path from the beginning 3 Classes to your destination. But that does not mean you need to necessarily follow that exact path... If it shows you as beginning from the Lightbinder class in the Upper Atlas, you could start from one of the other two instead... It is entirely up to you...

Zip

Azliet
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Azliet » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:05 am

Zulnir wrote: Ok I think I got the gist, so in that third paragraph, I have opened the main atlas and it doesn't matter from which I progress from? I can still play Alchemist and use points or crystals or whatever they are called to reach Gunner?

Exactly, it doesn't matter if you start from the node next to the lightbinder, the paladin or the cryomancer, either one of those will allow you to reach the gunner class by using the Red, blue and green sparks.

For example, I have only played with the Berzerker and started the upper atlas at the paladin tree node. From there I used the sparks to reach and unlock the Slayer class and I am on my way down to the Ranger now. All this time was spent playing only the Zerker and no other class.

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:05 am

Zulnir wrote:Ok so the points I put into the main atlas for light bringer, those "bonuses" will translate to the Alchemist, even though I'm not playing Light bringer?

Correct. Sparks spent anywhere on the Atlas is cumulative towards your prestige and any class you play.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Zulnir
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Zulnir » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:07 am

Whew that is a load off. Thanks all that has cleared up a lot for me.