The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

The Route to Knight is crazy.

Martine
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

The Route to Knight is crazy.

Post by Martine » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:28 pm

I'm working on the path from Paladin to Knight and the first 1/2 or so seems fairly quick. I do definitely see now why people say its likely 2-3 weeks to unlock Knight because the node cost from Kinetic onward is really steep. There's some really nice bonuses to prestige and stats on the way though so its definitely worth the time investment.
Someone say "Tank"? Let's go!

Martine
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Re: The Route to Knight is crazy.

Post by Martine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:46 am

Gandomel's estimate of 3 weeks on the Skyforge cast a couple of days seems right on. The sharply increased node costs will definitely slow progression in both time to earn the sparks for the nodes and the spark caps. Its going to feel like one heck of an accomplishment when it finally unlocks.

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 am

I hope once I make it that far I'll have enough prestige to unlock quests for the pink nodes and I can cut due south to Witch. Otherwise that's a really far trek and another three weeks going around the long route down to the other class I want :(

sahmiam
COG Member
COG Member

Post by sahmiam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:35 am

Knight and Archer are the two classes I am interested in the most.

Do you know anywhere online that we can see the path? I found a talent calculator on the main website, but doesn't seem anyone has put the ascension webs online?

Azliet
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Azliet » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:47 am

I think it's going to take a while to gather up all the info of the ascension atlas. the amount of nodes is just insane. It would be interesting to have a dynamic version to play around with and plan your path. Once you unlock the classes you really want it'll become useful to min/max your sparks to bonus ratio.

I'm close to unlocking the Slayer node, then i'm going back down to the necro. That's probably going to keep me busy for another 2 weeks easily.

sahmiam
COG Member
COG Member

Post by sahmiam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:51 am

I am so early in the game that I guess it doesn't really matter.

I havent' even finished a base class yet, so I don't really know what I am doing ><

Azliet
Member 2 years
Member 2 years

Post by Azliet » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:00 am

Just a little tip if you haven't figured it out already :)

Once you reach the class "symbol" in the class atlas, every other node after are going to need class sparks. That means that all your green, red and blue sparks can be used in the upper atlas to boost your stats and help you reach other class. This means you can work on 2 goals at the same time :)

I'm saying this cause my friend hadn't realize that and the system is a bit confusing as well.

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Zippity » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:39 am

I feel your pain bud... I'm heading towards Witch and I'm guessing that it'll take around 3 weeks in total if not more depending if I stray from the path slightly or not... 2 of the clusters on the way there cost between 450 and 850 per pip, with the cluster the Witch is actually in costing between 400 and 700 per pip... So it really depends on those weekly caps, if they change or not from week to week, as to how quickly I'll be able to achieve my primary goal of reaching the Witch class...

From there, I'll have to weight my options, do I head towards Alchemist next or just go for the bonuses and talents I need to boost what I already achieved...

I like the concepts of their upper atlas, but I'm not sure I whole heartedly agree with their class system of grinding towards each class... We'll have to wait and see how it plays out and if it works in the long run for them... Hopefully it doesn't become so daunting for folks that it drives players away... Only time will tell...

Zip

Corwin

Post by Corwin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:16 am

Reset will get Kinetic and then max it out then I am headed to Knight too looks like a hella fun class to play :)

Martine
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Martine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:29 pm

sahmiam wrote:Knight and Archer are the two classes I am interested in the most.

Do you know anywhere online that we can see the path? I found a talent calculator on the main website, but doesn't seem anyone has put the ascension webs online?
Unfortunately, I haven't found a working talent calculator, nor a dynamic map of the Upper Atlas. I did find a rough one that was created, but it was was just an image and it was in Russian so I couldn't make heads or tails of. I reckon now though, I could probably compare it to my Upper Atlas for class placement.
Corwin wrote:Reset will get Kinetic and then max it out then I am headed to Knight too looks like a hella fun class to play :)
Knight is the main class I want without a doubt. I personally feel that he is the better all-around tank for most situations, although the Paladin isn't not tank capable. The Knight can more consistently hold aggro on non-melee or de-aggro'd mobs thanks to his Falcon ability that is a ranged resource spender, throw spear, and a more consistent charge (uses dash bar) than the Paladin. I think the Paladin would make for an equal main tank or a second tank for a 2-boss fight. Personally though, I do think the Knight is the better tank for most situations though.

Once I get Knight unlocked, that's when I'm going to Kinetic so I have a DPS capable class rather than just tanking ones, although I do love me some tanking!