The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

So after a day of Beserker my thoughts :)

Corwin

Re: So after a day of Beserker my thoughts :)

Post by Corwin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:10 am

The spinny thing is a bit unusual its not always major dmg. There is a normal spin attack and like a 30 to 40 sec cooldown depending on traits that make it a special spinny attack. That does good numbers. If you wait till its on cooldown and then activate your crit buff, leap in spin, aoe smash(can fit between cooldown), and spin (This will melt every pack of normal mobs in the open world i have come across), then do the pointy saw attack the burst dmg is insane. But single target get there are some combos that hit really hard too and if you hit ya crit buff and then ultimate. Even though it looks ridiculously silly it will melt most mobs and time X mobs, it will take off a complete lvl.

This is all code for zerker can do some really insane stuff. Plus if ya learn to dash and leap you can be in and out before you are getting hit back in pve and pvx.

I did that 6 man pvp every one against every one instance. I just ran around till i saw people at 1/4 health. Leap in, killed one, got the other guys health to half and leaped out and dash 3 times and go around the circle till I found the next victims.

Zerker is fantastic dps but they go splat (not as bad a slayer but its tricky to get used to at first) Then of course just don't solo stuff :)

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: So after a day of Beserker my thoughts :)

Post by Sera » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:52 pm

Been playing zerker since OBT. I don't see a lot of people (ok anyone else?) animation cancelling and it can be a huge dps boost.

Always, always, always debuff your target with either right click (destructive smash) or right hold (destructive wave). Instantly 30% more damage done for the next 15 seconds. I haven't figured if this applies to other Berserkers or just you but do it.

Single target:
1) spam left click until you have a fullish rage bar and three dodge charges.
2) debuff with destructive smash/wave. -> target takes 30% more damage
3) click "C" thirst for battle -> you do 40% more damage. As soon as you click "C", dodge immediately. No longer stuck in casting animation for 2 seconds.
4) left, left, left, right for Fracture. Immediately dodge again to animation cancel (like the second your feet start to jump up)
5) ^ do it again
6) ^ do it again or use "3" crippling blow or "1" whirlwind, except you don't have a dodge charge to cancel but that's ok as long as you start the move before the buff runs out.

You can get off three fractures inside your thirst for battle. On PVE bosses/single target this melts face badly especially since the legendary main hand is +110% Fracture damage. At 6k prestige this three fracture combo will do about 10k damage in 10 seconds. Also if you have the dodge symbol equipped you gain a damage shield every time you animation cancel.

My other tip is use your CC and interrupts! We eventually have 3 (5 sort of) ways to CC mobs (but not bosses).

1) left then right. This does Fast Attack, which knocks back and down most mobs followed by a 4 second stun. However buffs your target with stun immunity for 44 seconds.
2) "3" crippling blow (chain saw to the gut). It lifts your target into the air but more importantly interrupts any charge attacks a mob might be doing, more useful to be saved instead of used for damage.
3) Tornado - imo not as good as whirlwind/firestorm for damage (also doesn't draw all mobs into you) but anything hit by it is cc'd for the duration.
4) "z" thundering roar. AoE 4 second fear. Talented all mobs hit also won't attack you for 5 more seconds which ties in with the next one
5) "4" flash of rage which takes 3 seconds to charge (good thing thundering roar makes mobs not attack you for 5 seconds!) talented if you follow up with whirlwind/tornado you will stun them for 4 seconds while you whirlwind them. But it's very expensive rage wise.