The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Lia Rose - Looking for a new family!

Cambios

Lia Rose - Looking for a new family!

Post by Cambios » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Hello everyone,

In Skyforge, I'm known by the name "Lia Rose" - primarily a berserker.

In real life, I own a video game company that has been creating games since 1996 (Frogdice). We specialize in online RPGs/MMOs, but we've also made some hybrid puzzle/RPGs lately (2 of them are on Steam). My wife is the Creative Director of the company and also my primary gaming partner! We met on my company's oldest game, Threshold - a text, RP required game that is still running.

In the past, I played MMOs very hardcore: RvRing in DAoC or raid tanking in WoW for example. Now that I have a family and my company has grown, soloing or playing with family is more common. I've enjoyed this game more than I expected, and I can see there are a lot of great and wonderful things to do if you settle in with a bunch of other like-minded folks.

I have two daughters (13 and 9) who both play Skyforge as well. My 9 year old really digs it and we play together quite a bit. They might make their own pantheon just to mess around, since most pantheons are (wisely) 18 or 21+.

I'm 40+ years old and got my online gaming start with BBS games in the early 90s. Then I moved onto MUDs and eventually just about every MMO out there (though I've skipped a few). I think I miss City of Heroes more than any other MMO I've played. Diablo 2 and Planescape: Torment are probably my 2 favorite non-mmo games of all time.

Aside from playing and making games, I like reading, spending time with my family (we're a pretty tight unit), tv, movies, and other nerdy stuff.

I would really like to learn more about Grievance in Skyforge and possibly join up and have fun playing with you all!

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Lia Rose - Looking for a new family!

Post by Novatek » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Hello Cambios,

Welcome to Grievance!

You own your own video game company, how cool is that?! CoH is definitely one of my top favorite MMOs and hopefully City of Titans will fill that void.

Please take a moment and read our Grievance Charter <-- link

When your names turns green, you can grab our Teamspeak info. <-- link. Come join us!

Our Pantheon is currently FULL (as are a lot of the larger Pantheons), but we're working around the clock to get more spots available as soon as possible with Order missions. Even if the Pantheon is full, it won't stop you from playing with us! Join us in Teamspeak if you need any help, or ask questions, or looking for groups. We will be initiating a roster cleanup on August 11th to remove inactive members to get people invited.

Please contact an Officer in TS or in game if you have any questions.

Guild Leader
Gandomel - Gando Mel

Executive Officer
Novatek ÔÇô Nova Starcaller

Recruiting Officer
Kaitlyn ÔÇô Kaitlyn Lovingheart
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:11 am

Welcome to Grievance!

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:18 am

Welcome to Grievance! :D

Cambios

Post by Cambios » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Thank you both!

I will definitely jump into the TeamSpeak.

Sometimes I have to go with no microphone because my wife and I are hanging out together chatting while we game.

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Skye

Post by Skye » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:55 am

A warm welcome home to Grievance!

Ok, you own a video game company...is my jealousy showing? Very cool man.

8-)

Cambios

Post by Cambios » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Skye wrote:A warm welcome home to Grievance!

Thank you!

I've been having a blast getting on teamspeak and running around in Skyforge with some really cool people here.

Skye wrote:
Ok, you own a video game company...is my jealousy showing? Very cool man.

8-)
Well sometimes it is pretty awesome. Other times it is insanely frustrating. But mostly awesome. :)

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Doran » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Sounds sweet. I have a friend who has worked for independent game companies for years and I'm super jealous

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cambios

Post by Cambios » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Doran wrote:Sounds sweet. I have a friend who has worked for independent game companies for years and I'm super jealous
Indie game development has gotten a lot harder lately.

Fortunately we've been at it for 20+ years and have a pretty strong group of fans that are loyal to us and help keep us around. :)

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Doran » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:58 pm

That always helps, he was at Garage Games then Pushbutton and Spotkin and now over at Whaler

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk