The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Introduction: Doran Scalebane

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Introduction: Doran Scalebane

Post by Doran » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:14 am

I didn't see an official app so I am just going to basically hit you guys with a wall of text until I fall asleep. In Skyforge I have a pally and my leveling friend is support

I wouldn't mind to do a TS interview either if its easier but here's my background.

I'm 32 with an 8 month old son, I am an Accountant by trade and the President of a pharmaceutical print shop that specializes in clinical trial printing but we do anything with print including promotional items. We print for companies like Ferrero Rocher, Lampe Berger, Johns & Johnson, Rutgers University (my alma mater), NBC, The Olympics, SNL etc. I work 9-5ish est Mon-Fri and game from about 8:30pm-1am est on weekdays and pretty much whenever I can over the weekend, Fri and Sat night I can be found online until 4-5am most weekends. I was a volunteer firefighter for 5 years, I have LARPed and have staffed, owned, and run various LARPs. At one point I opened and closed a restaurant, declared bankruptcy, rented out my home to pay the bills, totaled my car and had a kid all wrapped up into about a year and a half's time.

I have played CCGs (or TCGs) extensively as well as Warhammer tabletop, I even sold my expansive warhammer collection to partially fund my wedding (over $5k in minis). I have been playing MMO's since DAOC with highlights in WoW, Warhammer, RIFT, Archeage, Star Wars, GW2 and find myself in an officer or leader role in almost every game and guild I join/play and have kept in touch with friends I have made online for the past 10 years. I'm not sure how long my time in Skyforge will be but always looking for good folks to play with in future games, every MMO that I play I swear will be my last and I always find myself trying a new one.

DAOC I had an Armsman, among others, played on Alb Nimue with ~120 days played on my main with 30+ on most of my alts (Inf, Necro, Frost Wiz, Paladin) This got me addicted to MMO's and its a shame I lost touch with most of the guys from back then. Never found a game with pvp that made my adrenaline pump like it. I actually ended up dropping out of college after 3 years partially due to DAOC (and not wanting to be an Environmental Science Major) before going back to get my accounting Degree later on.

WoW I swore I wouldn't play because it was too cartooney but at one point I had nearly a full raids worth of real life friends playing. Originally from Alliance on Argent Dawn I belonged to Reverence, we had a pug raid that was clearing content as fast as the raiding guilds until we formed a mega guild that I was an officer of. At one point we were the 3rd ranked guild in progress on our server and had 2 full 40mans raiding and we raided 7 days a week. I had well over 200 40 man raids logged. After a failed transition of leadership in the game the guild split up, we raided for a few years under various names and from 300 members eventually paired down to 20-30 steady players until over the years we could barely field a 10man. I still keep in contact and see many of the people from around the US. At various points our raids could be found ranking on WoW progress for the server and the US. I have well over a year played on my toons (180 days played on my main paladin from Vanilla/early BC) and actually met my wife on WoW.

Warhammer, RIFT, GW2, and Archeage I played with XoO (Xen of Onslaught) and helped organize and lead many of our events. In Warhammer I led one of the zone capture groups in conjuncture with our alliance which lead to the World First Altdorf capture as recognized by Mark Jacobs in a web post. I was an officer and then XO (second in command) in RIFT, GW2 and Archeage. In RIFT we lead a PUG raid which was one of the first to down the first 2 bosses in Greenscale and in Archeage we had multiple US/EU firsts including our Mansion, Castle, and a server first Kraken kill (and first after the buff patch). I actually took off of work for a week for headstart and only slept 4 hours total during it. Besides the forums we monitored Teamspeak and ran multiple meetings a week and senior leadership had a whatsapp group that basically threatened my job we were so active in it. Playing with XoO with huge 100-300 member divisions was definitely an eye opener on what could be accomplished when people buy in, unfortunately when my son was born I just couldn't devote the time to maintaining the division I helped build from the ground up especially with the game declining. It also helped me hone my leadership and maturity in a gaming setting.

So now here I am in Skyforge looking for a home for me and my buddy to play with, a community of like minded gamers we can conquer content with and get stuff done and that I can pitch in and help with.
Last edited by Doran on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Re: Introduction: Doran Scalebane

Post by Doran » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:48 am

Doran wrote:I didn't see an official app so I am just going to basically hit you guys with a wall of text until I fall asleep. In Skyforge I have a pally and my leveling friend is support

I wouldn't mind to do a TS interview either if its easier but here's my background.

I'm 32 with an 8 month old son, I am an Accountant by trade and the President of a pharmaceutical print shop that specializes in clinical trial printing but we do anything with print including promotional items. We print for companies like Ferrero Rocher, Lampe Berger, Johns & Johnson, Rutgers University (my alma mater), NBC, The Olympics, SNL etc. I work 9-5ish est Mon-Fri and game from about 8:30pm-1am est on weekdays and pretty much whenever I can over the weekend, Fri and Sat night I can be found online until 4-5am most weekends. I was a volunteer firefighter for 5 years, I have LARPed and have staffed, owned, and run various LARPs. At one point I opened and closed a restaurant, declared bankruptcy, rented out my home to pay the bills, totaled my car and had a kid all wrapped up into about a year and a half's time.

I have played CCGs (or TCGs) extensively as well as Warhammer tabletop, I even sold my expansive warhammer collection to partially fund my wedding (over $5k in minis). I have been playing MMO's since DAOC with highlights in WoW, Warhammer, RIFT, Archeage, Star Wars, GW2 and find myself in an officer or leader role in almost every game and guild I join/play and have kept in touch with friends I have made online for the past 10 years. I'm not sure how long my time in Skyforge will be but always looking for good folks to play with in future games, every MMO that I play I swear will be my last and I always find myself trying a new one.

DAOC I had an Armsman, among others, played on Alb Nimue with ~120 days played on my main with 30+ on most of my alts (Inf, Necro, Frost Wiz, Paladin) This got me addicted to MMO's and its a shame I lost touch with most of the guys from back then. Never found a game with pvp that made my adrenaline pump like it. I actually ended up dropping out of college after 3 years partially due to DAOC (and not wanting to be an Environmental Science Major) before going back to get my accounting Degree later on.

WoW I swore I wouldn't play because it was too cartooney but at one point I had nearly a full raids worth of real life friends playing. Originally from Alliance on Argent Dawn I belonged to Reverence, we had a pug raid that was clearing content as fast as the raiding guilds until we formed a mega guild that I was an officer of. At one point we were the 3rd ranked guild in progress on our server and had 2 full 40mans raiding and we raided 7 days a week. I had well over 200 40 man raids logged. After a failed transition of leadership in the game the guild split up, we raided for a few years under various names and from 300 members eventually paired down to 20-30 steady players until over the years we could barely field a 10man. I still keep in contact and see many of the people from around the US. At various points our raids could be found ranking on WoW progress for the server and the US. I have well over a year played on my toons (180 days played on my main paladin from Vanilla/early BC) and actually met my wife on WoW.

Warhammer, RIFT, GW2, and Archeage I played with XoO (Xen of Onslaught) and helped organize and lead many of our events. In Warhammer I lead one of the zone capture groups in conjuncture with out alliance which lead to the World First Altdorf capture as recognized by Mark Jacobs in a web post. I was an officer and then XO (second in command) in RIFT, GW2 and Archeage. In RIFT we lead a PUG raid which was one of the first to down the first 2 bosses in Greenscale and in Archeage we had multiple US/EU firsts including our Mansion, Castle, and a server first Kraken kill (and first after the buff patch). I actually took off of work for a week for headstart and only slept 4 hours total during it. Besides the forums we monitored Teamspeak and ran multiple meetings a week and senior leadership had a whatsapp group that basically threatened my job we were so active in it. Playing with XoO with huge 100-300 member divisions was definitely an eye opener on what could be accomplished when people buy in, unfortunately when my son was born I just couldn't devote the time to maintaining the division I helped build from the ground up especially with the game declining. It also helped me hone my leadership and maturity in a gaming setting.

So now here I am in Skyforge looking for a home for me and my buddy to play with, a community of like minded gamers we can conquer content with and get stuff done and that I can pitch in and help with.
Checking if this taptalk thing works

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:03 am

Very very nice application. Welcome to Grievance!

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:46 am

Welcome to Grievance! :D

Lotharen
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Lotharen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:32 am

Welcome to Grievance!

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:19 am

Good morning Doran,

Thanks for that nice app, and welcome to Grievance! You and your buddy will find a lot of like minded folks within Grievance. ;)

Please take a moment and read our Grievance Charter: http://www.grievancegaming.com/grievanc ... ng-charter

You can grab our Teamspeak info. Hang out with us in TS and ask any questions you have!

Our Pantheon is currently full, but we're working hard to get more spots available as soon as possible with guild missions.

Please contact an Officer in TS or in game if you have any questions.

Guild Leader
Gandomel - Gando Mel

Executive Officer
Novatek ÔÇô Nova Starcaller

Recruiting Officer
Kaitlyn ÔÇô Kaitlyn Lovingheart

Cheers,

Nova
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Doran » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:56 am

Thanks for the replies, I am kind of a forum degenerate as well so expect to see my name popping up a lot. Look forward to talking to you all in-game and comms.

Gandomel
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Gandomel » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:27 am

I too tend to lurk on the forums, always love the active ones !! Please when you find the time catch us in TS never a dull moment in chat. Also if you need help or just want to run a squad or group mission please don't hesitate to ask.

The 2 most important days of your life are: 1st is the day you are born, and the 2nd is the day you find out why!

Skye

Post by Skye » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:51 pm

A warm welcome home to Grievance!

8-)

Doran
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Doran » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Wow your officer button is fancy on the phone app! And thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk