The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Introduction

Dwarvyn

Introduction

Post by Dwarvyn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:40 am

Hey there, Dwarvyn here.

Little bit about me:
I'm 29, and live in Canada. I'm currently employed as a computer programmer for an insurance company.

I have two dogs (Pixel we've had for just over a year now. We adopted Ruby less than a month ago, and we're still getting used to her). I put a lot of time into them; I take Pixel to agility class every week, and plan on doing the same with Ruby (or perhaps flyball with her, since she seems to enjoy bouncing off the back of the couches).

I started MMOs a while ago, just after BC came out in WoW. I played a bunch of different classes, then went to City of Heroes. I played that for a while, then went back to WoW and ended up in a 10-man raid group on a druid healer. I went back and forth between WoW and City of Heroes for a while; doing a little bit of raiding in WotLK (we never really got past Naxx), and mostly solo play during Cata, after which I haven't gone back.
When the whole free-to-play thing became more widespread, I started to branch out a little bit and try new things. I've played (in no particular order) Tera, Rift, Allod's, Archeage, Aura Kingdom, Dragon Nest, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars, Wildstar, Firefall, LOTRO, FF XIV, Champions and a whole lot more that I can't remember right now. I played Minecraft for a while, and have invested quite a few hours into Terraria.
I created a couple simple addons for myself in WoW, Rift, and Wildstar; mostly just simple displays for data that wasn't available otherwise.

In terms of Skyforge, I'm quite interested in the Paladin from what I've seen and I'm currently planning on spending most of my time with that class, but we'll see what OBT has to show me. Watching videos is not the same as actually playing, so I may end up liking a completely different class.

My skillset tends towards generalist, and while I will probably focus either on a tank and/or support role, I intend to be flexible enough to fill any role required in a party/raid setting which is required (just don't expect me to top the DPS charts in a raid; I don't think I ever have, and I don't think I ever will outside of gimmick fights).

Streeg
Member 9 years
Member 9 years

Re: Introduction

Post by Streeg » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:39 am

Welcome to Grievance! Just a few more hours to go :)

Sent from my Galaxy s5 using Tapatalk

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:48 am

Hello fellow Canadian, welcome to Grievance!

Please take a moment and read our Grievance Charter: http://www.grievancegaming.com/grievanc ... ng-charter

When your names turns green, you can grab our Teamspeak info here.

Looking forward to playing with you in game!

- Nova
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Welcome!

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Welcome to Grievance! :D

Dwarvyn

Post by Dwarvyn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:08 am

Awesome; I appear to be green now!

I'll probably be playing tonight a bunch, and I'll hit up TS too. Don't have a mic atm, though: we moved recently and I still haven't been able to find it. I can totally listen like a boss though!

Kaitlyn
Founder
Founder

Post by Kaitlyn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:56 am

Welcome to Grievance please jopin use in TeamSpeak!

Lotharen
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Lotharen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:21 pm

Welcome to Grievance!