Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

New to guild...

Aennis
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

New to guild...

Post by Aennis » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:34 am

Hello everyone,
I'm new to guild, but not to gaming. I'm 42, divorced, w/ a lot of short scheduled meetings, and interests. My playtime may seem a bit sporadic, but when I do play, I try to be on for a while.

I started out w/ an Atari 2600, and have a younger brother who could beat Superman in under 4 minutes, when he was 6. Unfortunately, he grew out of games. My first PC was an Atari 800xl. Yes, while everyone else had Commodore 64's, I was using program cartridges, and floppy disks, to interact w/ a midi keyboard (when I wasn't playing Zaxxon or Centipede). It's a shame I haven't played anything in decades.

I took BASIC in high school, on an Apple iie, but had an IBM XT at home. Of course, I had a NES, and even had a Turbo Grafix 16, but haven't seen either of them for 15+ years.

I started by playing MUDs. I got my first taste of MMOs w/ UO, and EQ. My favorite one of all-time would have to be DAoC (for several reasons). Due to poor management, that is also my least favorite game of all-time.

I've played a few F2P games too. Lately, I've been staying away from anything that required hardcore commitments, since I got burnt out on that. I do play World of Tanks, once in a while, but not much else. I do have fun w/ my Anki Drive set (can't wait for Overdrive in September), when my neighbors, or friends show up. Although, I do spend time playing Heroes of Might & Magic, or Age of Wonders, via hotseat, when one friend comes by, but that isn't all that often.

Anyways, I currently have a budget system w/ a G19 keyboard. If you know of any customized apps I should have for it, let me know. I am familiar w/ VOIP programs too.

I'm sorry, if this has been a bit long-winded, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. I should warn you that I did watch John Cleese's video on "How To Be Annoying". I hope that doesn't put anyone off, but I do like to have fun, and chat w/o any major drama. Anyways, I hope to see you in Skyforge sometime tomorrow. My in-game name is Aennis Oen, and will be starting out w/ the Lightbinder. I hope to group w/ you soon.

Gandomel
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: New to guild...

Post by Gandomel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:20 am

Nice to meet you.

Please take a min to read the Grievance charter here

once you name turns green grab out teamspeak info here

The 2 most important days of your life are: 1st is the day you are born, and the 2nd is the day you find out why!

Streeg
Member 9 years
Member 9 years

Post by Streeg » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Welcome to Grievance! Hope to see you in TeamSpeak this weekend

Sent from my Galaxy s5 using Tapatalk

Aennis
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Aennis » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. I already read the charter. It's one of the things I looked at, when viewing all the different guilds in the communities tab of the Aelinet portal. This community looked like the best fit for me.

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:42 pm

Welcome to Grievance! :D

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Welcome!

See you in game.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

kookus
Founder
Founder

Post by kookus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Welcome