The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Domepiece here - apping for skyforge staying for more maybe

Domepiece

Domepiece here - apping for skyforge staying for more maybe

Post by Domepiece » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Hello everyone. I am 30 years old, self-employed, married, with a house, a dog, and a lot of stuff on my plate. I have degrees in Philosophy and in Political Science, and would've gone to law school if the economy didn't crash right when I was graduating college. I have always enjoyed numerous interests, and I have several hobbies which have survived this thing others call growing up. Gaming is one of them. I started with old 12 color PC's and an Atari. I used to play Carmen San Diego, Oregon Trail, and games like King's Quest and Quest for Camelot (with the damn typing commands). I also owned an NES eventually, while my brothers owned the Sega Master System. We got a Genesis and I played on it for years. Soon we were able to get our own 386 and I enjoyed an adventure gaming renaissance. Between Street Fighter 2 and Sunset Riders sessions I would play Quest for Glory and Apogee games and gorge on Swedish Fish til I went into a food coma. Growing up I owned a Playstation, N64, Dreamcast (my heart still weeps) and a computer. My favorite games of that era were WWF No Mercy, Diablo 2, Quakes 1-3, Unreal Tournament, Duke Nukem 3d, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Mechwarrior, Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall, UO and so forth. My PC died due to a bad Geforce and I eventually wound up with the original Xbox (Sorry, no Morrowind = no PS2). I still have my Tiber Septim coin from the Morrowind Collector's Edition. I also only buy AMD since then, and that was 14 years ago.

My foray into MMO gaming after I dabbled in UO for a year was upon Rift's release. The break was due to a video game I call partying in college. I played Geometry Wars under certain influences, and some AAA games I could get for Xmas or Bdays, along with Titan Quest on my PC. But I didnt seriously game on PC until I started a business and got my own place. I didn't want to go out anymore, so I built a PC for Rift. I played it for 6 months, then moved on to AoC (which I played for 6 months as well), then onto SWTOR, Tera, and its all a blur since with games like Archeage, a return to Tera, a return to Rift, Darkfall UW, Dragon's Prophet, TESO, Wildstar for a week until I felt like I was being treated like a robot, and so on and so forth. My favorite thing in any game is the combat system. I was originally a fighting game player and I carry that twitch ability and quick thinking into combat in MMO's (I always play some kind of warrior class due to the frenetic up close and personal action feel). I have decided that no MMO with tab-targeting will ever bring me back again, and action combat is the only way to play.

Wasn't paying attention to Skyforge, then took one look, and now I am REALLY PAYING ATTENTION TO SKYFORGE. I can't wait for tomorrow and if I get time tonite I will hop into TS and meet you guys, otherwise when I get done with work tomorrow I will be online to get this shindig started. That's some of my story, I look forward to hearing some of yours soon. I can't play games all day and all night anymore, and I really wouldn't be able to even if I tried, but when I can play them I am still super competitive and looking to have a bunch of fun doing stuff together.

Steelheart

Re: Domepiece here - apping for skyforge staying for more ma

Post by Steelheart » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:02 pm

Man you listed some games that brought back some awesome memories!

Welcome to Grievance!

Mider Bladesinger
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Mider Bladesinger » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Hello and Welcome to the family. :)
"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts."

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:14 am

Welcome to Grievance! :D

Foxtrot
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Foxtrot » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Welcome aboard
Foxtrot Embassy Division Leader

Deuce
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Deuce » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Welcome

Gandomel
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Gandomel » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Awesome another minion to add to the collection :ugeek: , oh I mean Welcome to Grievance hope you enjoy it :lol:

The 2 most important days of your life are: 1st is the day you are born, and the 2nd is the day you find out why!

Kaitlyn
Founder
Founder

Post by Kaitlyn » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:21 pm

welcome

Lotharen
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Lotharen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Welcome to Grievance!