Charter Member

Update Notes 2/20 - Base building buff

Post by Novatek » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:12 am

Weapons
  • Increased shotgun damage
  • Slightly increased shotgun recoil
  • Increased 1911 damage
Battle Royale
  • Cleaned up persisting rewards and safe zone information between Battle Royale matches
  • Parachutes should no longer act like skateboards for more than a few seconds.
Base Building
  • Upper Level Walls, Shelters, and Stairs can now be crafted. These look like the walls, stairs, and shelters that you are used to, but they can be stacked on top of placed walls and shelters. This means that metal walls can now be two walls high. Structures can be placed on top of other structures for more variation of layout. Stairs can be placed on top of shelters for greater vantage points.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing base building structures to not be resistant to melee damage types.
  • The Metal Gate is now almost twice as tall.
  • Metal Walls, Shelters and Large Shelters now require more of the same components to craft.
Vehicles
  • Vehicle collisions with terrain boulders should be more stable, still dangerous but less likely to toss the vehicle up in the air.
  • Adjusted the requirements for vehicle entry to help improve the response time.
  • Vehicle death explosions should now consistently damage players in the immediate vicinity.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Update Notes 2/20 - Base building buff

Post by Sera » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 am

well now! I wonder how high we can build now? Structures on top of structures with stairs... afk, farming stuffs.

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:08 am

bah.. if anyone logged out inside the top section... can you please set the gate code up? It looks like all the gate codes were reset with this patch, but you can only set the codes from the inside (and they won't open without a code...)

*edit: hmm actually it looks like the new gates work but are badly coded. You can open a gate from the inside no problem, but to open it from the outside you have to hold E, jump up and hope. The activation spot from the outside looks like it moved up with the new gate height even though you can see "E to open" when standing in front of it.

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Looks like zombie hordes did not make it into the game this week.

Weapon holstering is almost done!

https://twitter.com/Kalyper/status/5688 ... 32/video/1
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

Post by Nionya » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:45 am

I should probably get abck in here and make my way to the base!! After Pensacon, Ill be back..

Are you all still enjoying the game?

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:30 am

Nionya wrote:I should probably get abck in here and make my way to the base!! After Pensacon, Ill be back..

Are you all still enjoying the game?
In it's current state its ok... it feels like it's just a base-building game tight now. There is hardly any risk of death on PvE.

I was hoping that zombie hordes would a little more emphasis on survival, but it was delayed.

Ask me again when hordes are out!
Family - Honor - Loyalty

AAugust
COG Member
COG Member

Post by AAugust » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:26 am

I ran around a bit last night... I have collected most of the gear I want, now it just seems like an endless search for food and ammo. The only thing I really avoid in game is bears. The rest is really not a threat at the moment.

Eirikr88

Post by Eirikr88 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:59 am

AAugust wrote:I ran around a bit last night... I have collected most of the gear I want, now it just seems like an endless search for food and ammo. The only thing I really avoid in game is bears. The rest is really not a threat at the moment.

The bears are the biggest threat ingame at this point. I aggroed one on Thursday morning from a balcony. It instantly found the path up 2 flights of stairs and through the apartment to kill me :(