Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

looking for a new game

BigScaryBear
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

looking for a new game

Post by BigScaryBear » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Hey everybody,
Was playing elder scrolls for a long time and had to take a two month break while i was working 6 days a week 12 hours a day. When I finally got off that schedule, I just couldn't get back into the game. So looking for something fresh and different saw H1Z1 in my suggested games in steam also noticed we had a group here. So just kind of want to know the feel of the game from you guys before i go ahead and purchase this one.
As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for thou art with me

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: looking for a new game

Post by Sera » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Just started myself too. First couple days in and it feels like I'm getting the hang of things. Zombies and wolves are free kills (slap in the face, bow to the head combo is too OP and needs a nerf imo). It's pretty bleak in game right now, apparently a loot bug is happening where items/containers aren't respawning properly making most resources very scarce. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of building a home/safe stash so if/when I die I can get back to a good point without having to start from scratch again. But again the problem seems to be how to get enough resources to make anything viable (that someone else couldn't just walk up and take). So right now I'm a roamer, hunting zombies and hoping for them to drop good loot which seems to be the only viable way to get ahead right now.

Definitely having fun and I'd say well worth the $20 to join early access. Though remember this is an Alpha build; there are bugs, sometimes game breaking bugs. But overall I've had a fun first few days.

I took a peek a couple times on TS and didn't see anyone down in the H1Z1 channel. Do we still have something going on hideout/group wise somewhere on Shock? When's a good time to try and connect with people?

Rohamiir

Post by Rohamiir » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:50 pm

H1Z1 is still in very early access, so expect there to be bugs/issues.......that being said, it's release copy was actually much more solid than most early access games i have played. The Dev team at SOE is actually paying attention to player feedback, and have put in many long hours trying to address many of the initial "gamebreaking" issues......some still persist, such as loot respawn rates. Bsebuilding will also need a complete overhaul in my opinion, as right now there is no true security measures in place. This kind of makes bases a magnet for griefers looking for loot, and on a pve server, there is no way to stop them (at the moment)..................honestly though, as for my opinion, this game can be a load of fun when loot is spawning, and it is showing a lot of potential in the very near future. I got my $20 worth out of the game the first couple of days I played it........now i'm just patiently waiting for them to address loot issues before i return to the "buffet" for another plate......lol. I have a toon on shock, but have not met up with the group yet, to my knowledge they have a camp somewhere Ruby lake (they will correct me if I am wrong)......till loot gets fixed I have also been kinda lonewolf since I can't get the goodies to even learn crafting recipes yet.

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Caught up with Maddcovv and he let me know where to look for our current base. I "think" I found it where he said it was but he had to log before we could get together. Knowing the current bugs/issues in game (specifically being able to phase through player created objects), I can see why it's not secure and have some good ideas how to make a more secure one. If course as he mentioned, on a PVE realm they can just spend 5mins bashing on your front door til it gives out. But at least that costs them resources for an axe or two to find out if you have anything inside. Current safest storage is offline on an alt...

Still having a good time though, killing zombies and being bear food :)