Our Base

Helyon
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Re: Our Base

Post by Helyon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:32 am

Novatek wrote:Not sure if this will make a difference, but:
Will be working on for Patch Monday

1) Floating Arrows - yeah they are annoying as heck.
2) Further analysis and improvements for server frame rate
3) Buffing shelter doors.
4) Sorting servers by population
5) Properly refreshing server list. (also thinking about a button for it)

This is meant to be kind of a starter list. The team is off today. The game is stable and the team needs a breather. Tomorrow is a holiday for SOE but we're going to be in here anyways because we want to address these issues. Please add any immediate fix stuff here and we'll try and get it in. Again, your help with self policing threads and getting a positive community going is requested. We're only trying to focus on the stuff we all feel is important. Please help us with focusing on what we need to.

Thanks

Smed
Not sure if there is anything else we can do to protect our stuff on a PvE server. Perhaps we can dig a hole somewhere remote and give coordinates/directions to said spot.
Just read this also!! Hopefully it will help. Really hope the boost the respawn rates too. I spent a good 3-4hrs searching towns and never even found an axe..

Helyon
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Helyon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:33 am

Also I have supplies for a vehicle if we need to use to scout out some new areas to stick supplies. Might not be a bad idea to maintain the Governors mansion as a decoy location but stick the real valuables in a different secure location.

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

Post by Nionya » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:35 am

Helyon wrote:Also I have supplies for a vehicle if we need to use to scout out some new areas to stick supplies. Might not be a bad idea to maintain the Governors mansion as a decoy location but stick the real valuables in a different secure location.
This may be a good idea....just need to find a secure location....the map is so small, and with it being such a high pop server, secure locations may not even be doable right now.

BSG_Ghost
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by BSG_Ghost » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:31 am

There is a tunnel out there with a large opening. It is surrounded by some warehouse buildings and other such things. You could try hiding your stuff there. The cave is swimming in radioactive waste, however, so I am not sure how well that will work for you.

Rohamiir

Post by Rohamiir » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:24 am

BSG_Ghost wrote:There is a tunnel out there with a large opening. It is surrounded by some warehouse buildings and other such things. You could try hiding your stuff there. The cave is swimming in radioactive waste, however, so I am not sure how well that will work for you.
This area is the toxic waste dump and is one of the quest loot locations......just a heads up ;)

Helyon
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Helyon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:25 am

Rohamiir wrote:
BSG_Ghost wrote:There is a tunnel out there with a large opening. It is surrounded by some warehouse buildings and other such things. You could try hiding your stuff there. The cave is swimming in radioactive waste, however, so I am not sure how well that will work for you.
This area is the toxic waste dump and is one of the quest loot locations......just a heads up ;)
There are quests?

Rohamiir

Post by Rohamiir » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:50 am

yes they added "quests"....notes can be found in zombie loot stating that someone has left a stash for another....key attached. these notes are supposed to be linked to the toon that received it initially, so no one else can get it, or use it upon death of toon.......these caches supposedly have nice loot. I have not been able to verify personally, as i never seem to live long enough.....hopefully yesterdays patch (as well as the one coming later today) will allow me to "survive" longer.......lol

Thamin Trollsbane
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Thamin Trollsbane » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:53 pm

When Maddcovv died, and I went to recover what I could, I was able to loot the quest key & note. Sadly, when I saw him again, I couldn't drop it to give it back.
Former Recruiting Officer: ESO, Rift
Author site http://DheaLoral.com

Rohamiir

Post by Rohamiir » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Sorry, we have gotten off topic......Thamin, yes the quest keys are lootable from others, but from what i have seen in streams, the key does not work for anyone but the original recipient....but that may need to be tested more (or tweaked by SOE)

Helyon
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Helyon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:19 pm

For a little work around now that the doors should be stronger...what if we made a little door puzzle of some sorts. At least make them waste plenty of resources attempting to get into the correct area.

Example: