The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Our Base

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Our Base

Post by Novatek » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:28 am

Anything regarding our base at the Governor's Mansion, please post here.

I'm placing a ton of animal traps around our base (mostly around the parking garages, and the courtyard). If you need food, please take the meat out since they seem to be trapping fast!

I've also stored a whole bunch of food in our secure house storage (ask in TS for code). We'll need to keep that repaired to deter intruders.
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Golf Mike
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: Our Base

Post by Golf Mike » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Dropped off a police booster, headlights and a battery.

I plan to play a scout in the game mostly for the guild to collect things so I'm going to now make an alt for that exact purpose - someone I won't feel so bad about a death!

That being said, at some point some of us were suggesting we have a forward base somewhere a bit closer to town.

AAugust
COG Member
COG Member

Post by AAugust » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:35 pm

As of last night when I placed that door, I am pretty sure that door needs to be set everytime at (0778) or I think it doesn't lock. So if you open the door, be sure to set it again (0778).

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:43 pm

AAugust wrote:As of last night when I placed that door, I am pretty sure that door needs to be set everytime at (0778) or I think it doesn't lock. So if you open the door, be sure to set it again (0778).
If we need to set the lock each time, it could be an issue for those.... forgetful people :P

But yeah, treat it like RL. Lock the door when you leave the house!
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

Grimmilson
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Grimmilson » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Door has been knocked down and the base has been stripped 5-6 times just in the time I've been there today. I won't be stockpiling any more gear until we try and work out another plan of action.

The "visitors" have got to be straight destroying anything they can't immediately use or carry off, because I have no idea how they made off with so many supplies otherwise...

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Yeah, my son has been texting me all day. Apparently there's quite the crowd of non-Grievance members hanging around there atm. Might need to find something way off the beaten path, but near water.

magicrules
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by magicrules » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Steelheart wrote:Yeah, my son has been texting me all day. Apparently there's quite the crowd of non-Grievance members hanging around there atm. Might need to find something way off the beaten path, but near water.

Sounds like a good mission for us pathfinders!

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:19 pm

I'm sure we'll also find a better spot once SOE start expanding the zones.
Family - Honor - Loyalty

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

Post by Nionya » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Can you use a shovel in the water to bury items, maybe it would be less noticeable?

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:20 pm

Not sure if this will make a difference, but:
Will be working on for Patch Monday

1) Floating Arrows - yeah they are annoying as heck.
2) Further analysis and improvements for server frame rate
3) Buffing shelter doors.
4) Sorting servers by population
5) Properly refreshing server list. (also thinking about a button for it)

This is meant to be kind of a starter list. The team is off today. The game is stable and the team needs a breather. Tomorrow is a holiday for SOE but we're going to be in here anyways because we want to address these issues. Please add any immediate fix stuff here and we'll try and get it in. Again, your help with self policing threads and getting a positive community going is requested. We're only trying to focus on the stuff we all feel is important. Please help us with focusing on what we need to.

Thanks

Smed
Not sure if there is anything else we can do to protect our stuff on a PvE server. Perhaps we can dig a hole somewhere remote and give coordinates/directions to said spot.
Family - Honor - Loyalty