The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

You can still die from Players on PvE (BUG)

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

You can still die from Players on PvE (BUG)

Post by Nionya » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Be warned, other players can attack you, they will not do damage to you with attacks, but they will cause severe bleeding. If you do not have enough bandages, cloth food etc to stop the bleeding, you will eventually die. Several people are griefing with this bug, so just be aware of other players.

I happened to make it out of a city where I was being attacked by several (player with a motorcycle helmet, gun and military backback was good to target I guess haha) I logged out, came back and healed up to continue on... However, not soon after that I started getting sniped by a player that caused severe bleeding. I had no cloth from stopping the bleeding from previous attack and died.

I was trying to chop down a tree to get logs to make a campfire, but for some reason the logs were dropping and not going into my inventory (I dont know how many slots you need for logs, but I had several open), so no bandages, and no fire to cook my wolf meat meant no HP for me lol.

annoying to say the least, I had lots of good stuff.. stupid griefers

Thamin Trollsbane
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: You can still die from Players on PvE (BUG)

Post by Thamin Trollsbane » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:29 pm

I was worried about this last night. Saw one other player, but it was in a zombie-infested rest area. Opened a door, saw a person, and hacked. Realized it was a player a moment later and apologized, but he did appear to be bleeding and I didn't have bandages. Verbally apologized but his response was indecipherable.

Players will have to be careful swinging at the same mob.
Former Recruiting Officer: ESO, Rift
Author site http://DheaLoral.com

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

Post by Nionya » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:40 pm

Thamin Trollsbane wrote:I was worried about this last night. Saw one other player, but it was in a zombie-infested rest area. Opened a door, saw a person, and hacked. Realized it was a player a moment later and apologized, but he did appear to be bleeding and I didn't have bandages. Verbally apologized but his response was indecipherable.

Players will have to be careful swinging at the same mob.
Yeah, its just sad that players will just try and grief once they find out they can cause severe bleeding. Day 1 of alpha, im sure they will fix that bug quickly, or so I hope.

Im sad I lost my spark plugs...i was scouring for a battery to start my police car and run iver zombies lol

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Heard the PvP servers are an absolute slaughter fest. The whining on some of the forums is epic. Very glad that they have seperate server rulesets. I'm sure they'll get this big fixed asap!

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

Post by Nionya » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Servers are down now.. Hopefully they got news of this bug and fixed it...If not, Ill just be sure to carry 100 bandages lol :)

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:52 am

Patch notes :)
You should no longer be able to cause bleeding on other players in the PvE servers
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Nionya
Director of COG
Director of COG

Post by Nionya » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:03 am

Novatek wrote:Patch notes :)
You should no longer be able to cause bleeding on other players in the PvE servers
Hooray! :)