The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Alternate Servers - an explanation

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Alternate Servers - an explanation

Post by Novatek » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:53 pm

When we announced Early Access being on January 15th yesterday we didn't go into much detail about Event servers.

When we launch January 15th we will have many different servers with different rulesets. Some examples.
  • No Zombies
  • Zombie headshot only (only kill zombies with a headshot).
  • PVE
and just about anything we can think of to put behind a ruleset. Everyone, regardless of which sku they buy will get access to all these different servers. How many of each server type is still unknown and closer to launch we'll nail that down.

These alternate rulesets are different than what we call the Event Servers. These servers allow us to do things along the lines of Battle Royale and to have more limited access to those servers. Our goal here is to make it so you can earn tickets to the event servers and play there completely free just by playing the game. We'll also offer tickets for sale (we're talking $.99 here) and we'll offer a bunch of these tickets as part of the more expensive of our skus ($39.99) but if you just want to play the game you can do it for $19.99 and you can expect to get free tickets as you play the game.

We'll be figuring out other Event Server types down the line and offer prizing, etc for people who participate. Very similar to what Hearthstone does with The Arena.

hope this helps explain a bit more.

Smed
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Darkraven
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Alternate Servers - an explanation

Post by Darkraven » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:59 pm

I posted my suggestions on reddit lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Thamin Trollsbane
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Thamin Trollsbane » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:11 pm

So, let me get this straight. Will most servers have a default layout, but if you want to play on certain Event servers, you need the tickets or the money? And are these limited servers, (as the name applies....for an event only?)

I am thinking of doing H1Z1 with the guild, and would be interested in what rules might be on a server we pick.
Former Recruiting Officer: ESO, Rift
Author site http://DheaLoral.com

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:32 pm

I didn't watch the January 9th stream, but this is the only information I could find.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2 ... _you_play/
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

Streeg
Member 9 years
Member 9 years

Post by Streeg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Thamin Trollsbane wrote:So, let me get this straight. Will most servers have a default layout, but if you want to play on certain Event servers, you need the tickets or the money? And are these limited servers, (as the name applies....for an event only?)

I am thinking of doing H1Z1 with the guild, and would be interested in what rules might be on a server we pick.
Correct. You will play on a server with rule set you prefer and can join the Event Servers with tickets to try and win prizes....think pvp arena matches

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:36 am

I imagine we will be on a PvE server.

I'll be watching H1Z1 official site and reddit for server names and rulesets.
Family - Honor - Loyalty

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:50 pm

Novatek wrote:I imagine we will be on a PvE server.
Your imagination is correct as always =)