The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

General Information

marcusx

Re: General Information

Post by marcusx » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Yeah think i'll check this out next week. I just hope it's not the hack fest that Dayz is. I enjoyed Dayz but
the hacker's just killed it for me. Been away for sometime now so.....is the guild going to have a group in this?
Hope so :mrgreen: Oh i see there going to have both pvp and pve cool! Like to check the game out before
going up against the living lol!
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest... Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid.

Streeg
Member 9 years
Member 9 years

Post by Streeg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Just keep in mind that this is alpha type mode so it will be buggy Im sure. Like currently no group/friend function and no pop up maps and random spawning so finding each other may...no, will be challenging. I'll be there never the less

Darkraven
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Darkraven » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Also all servers are hosted by SOE no private servers. So hacking though not impossible it will be MUCH less that what we saw in DayZ

Thamin Trollsbane
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Thamin Trollsbane » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:07 am

So, with no friend hookup, it might be hard to find your guildmates? Hoping to join up with folks this weekend.
Former Recruiting Officer: ESO, Rift
Author site http://DheaLoral.com

Streeg
Member 9 years
Member 9 years

Post by Streeg » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:51 am

Thamin Trollsbane wrote:So, with no friend hookup, it might be hard to find your guildmates? Hoping to join up with folks this weekend.
Correct. They are working on a system that will allow you to spawn with friends but it's not in yet. So a combination of TS, land marks, and maps will be only way to attempt to find each other. Their map system is little signs in towns that show local areas and streets/highways (like the map signs in a mall). Its not a full map, just the local area. Also, when you die, you respawn in a random loc, so you may get re-lost if you die. We'll find each other, but it likely won't be easy or super fast.

Luckily the world currently is 8x8 kilometers so it may be easier to find each other than it will be when they expand the world.

Thamin Trollsbane
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Thamin Trollsbane » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Well, that will be an interesting start. I look forward to the challenge.
Former Recruiting Officer: ESO, Rift
Author site http://DheaLoral.com