not so good news for wildstar

Shifty
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

not so good news for wildstar

Post by Shifty » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:06 am

WildStar studio Carbine sheds nearly half of its workforce - report
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... rce-report
You either get bitter or get better. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you.

Steelheart

Re: not so good news for wildstar

Post by Steelheart » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:08 am

Not a good sign. That sux :(

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:16 am

They probably just let go of the people who were working to release the game in China since they cancelled that. According to the article they are planning on moving forward with the NA and EU games and have a major update planned.

Lets not go all doom and gloom yet! After Daybreaks bomb, my heart can't take much more! :P :lol:

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:16 am

Not good at all!
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Zafan
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Zafan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:18 pm

I actually wasn't going to post this news on our forums because the guild is still actively trying to bring in new members and this may scare some off lol... But it sounds like the news spread pretty quick..

It's not good at all.. and the people they released weren't the China team.. It was a lot of the main team..

Time will tell but I can say the Wildstar forums are pretty bummed about it and many have already cancelled their subs. If the steam release isn't successful, the ONLY way Wildstar will continue to grow is if the current population of the game decides to step up and choose to help fund the game if they want it to stay..

Made me pretty sad reading the news...
WoW Horde: Sefrín, Zafan, Dízney
FFXIV: Prince Zafan
Rift: Zafan, Dizney

DeaconDread
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by DeaconDread » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:12 am

Really guys, why all the Doom and Gloom.

The drop 7 and steam are nearing release, this is nothing but Standard operating procedure. Projects finish or near finish and excess personnel are let go.

Some of the other personnel moves were due to "Pappylicious" appointment to studio head. There were some that didn't agree with the promotion and were vocal enough, that they were given the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere.

Also, Zafan The China release was canceled, so I'm sure at least some of these were due to that. https://forums.wildstar-online.com/foru ... m-carbine/Wildstar never was a game that followed the path that most Asian games do and was not getting the numbers they expected in beta release.

Zafan
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Zafan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:14 am

Deacon, I want to believe everything is "Standard procedure." I hope we all look back on this news and say "Wow, we really flew off the handle there!" However, too much states the opposite. And I know what you are stating has some weight, however this isn't the only time this has happened since Wildstar went F2P. Not as large, but I believe this is the second time they've had cut backs. There also have been reports either early this year that they haven't been making money.

What I am also worrying about is the universal moral and feedback. I do a lot of forum jumping in between mmorpg, wildstar, reddit, and other sites. All which have the most feedback and activity from Wildstar. No one has anything positive to say about the news and most people have been very vocal in saying they have unsubscribed. Trust me, and I know I sound like a broken record, but I want to be wrong. I am actually hoping that Wildstar releases their statement next week and gives everyone an optimistic point of view in everything because I do love this game and I don't want it to go away.

But i'm not going to act like this is a normal thing either because most have stated with proper info that it isn't. As you may know Deac, I had to take a leave until next month. I have been DYING to get back into the game.. However reading the news has made be pretty gloom.

The only thing there is left is to see what they have to say this week.. And they NEED to have something ready to state this week or it's going to get worse.
WoW Horde: Sefrín, Zafan, Dízney
FFXIV: Prince Zafan
Rift: Zafan, Dizney

Creed
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Creed » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:07 pm

It looks to me that the only difference between WS and SWTOR is the combat system.

However the one common denominator that our main games have seems to be population and engagement problems. We at Swtor saw this happening for a long time and dreaded the day we would have to deal with it. We inevitably made quite a few major changes and merged our two guilds together to help offset the issues at hand.

So far it seems to be working but time will certainly tell. I can tell you for sure that it put a new perspective on things and the future looks very bright for the Grievance swtor guild.

Put the doom and gloom to the side for now and just see what happens. Dont rely on posts you see about the game dying and other unsubstantiated opinions people have unless its a game developer saying it. Trust me when i say....people write and say all the time that swtor is shutting down. Sheesh if i only had a dime for every time i read that.

Pop a brewski....and relax. :)
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

Padraic
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Padraic » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Creed speaks the truth. If SWTOR had shut down when "people" started saying it should, the servers would have gone down in January 2012.

Who cares what anyone else thinks? The only question that matters is whether you enjoy the game. Remember: opinions are like ***holes - everyone has one, and it stinks.
Keep your head on a swivel.