The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

I give up

Moebius
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

I give up

Post by Moebius » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55 pm

Sadly, I think I am just not going to play Wildstar. First the fiasco with the name reservation stuff, and now I can't even login to the server that either of the Grievance guilds are on. The only time I have to play is at night after I get off work where I only have a couple hours to play before bedtime and it it taking me at least an hour to work my way through the queue of over 1000 people. So I am just going to accept my losses with purchasing the game and not even bother paying after my free month is up. The launch for this game is a very big letdown for me.

Nyogtha

Re: I give up

Post by Nyogtha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:17 pm

That's a shame. This happens quite a bit with MMO launches and queue times. I wasn't going to be able to get in tonight either. It's not going to last that long. You already paid for the game and have a free month. I'd be quite surprised if the queue times are not far reduced well before that free month ends. Today was day two of the head start. It hasn't even officially launched yet. Just be patient and give it a few days or even a week.

twinim

Post by twinim » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:31 pm

Don't give up, I know it is frustrating right now. But the server issues will work themselves out. The devs are going about this the right way and will probably release more servers for full launch to help keep queues down to a minimum. I believe they are doing this launch right, unlike many developers who just open tons of servers only to have to shut them down at a later date due to inactivity.

Give it time. This is a really fun game. I haven't had this much fun since WoW first opened it's doors... They had long queues, too, btw.

Lan

Aiseki

Post by Aiseki » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. The queue problems really suck, but the game is so fun once you get in...

I've been starting my login and then taking care of other things for a while, while I wait for it. Like tonight, it said 2hr wait time, but it quickly fell and I got in, in 40 minutes. Which was enough time for me to make dinner and read a little bit of my book.

Other than that, I try to play off-peak hours. This morning before I had to leave I was able to log in with no queue time at 8am CST.

Don't let this discourage you, please, maybe just launch another game while you wait and do whatever while your queue goes down. It shouldn't eat up too many resources.

It seems like people really enjoy playing with you... so, just hold on. :)

Zippity
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Zippity » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:58 pm

This sort of stuff happens all the time in the MMO world... In some cases, not that I'm saying this is one of those cases, but in some cases they actually throttle back the allowed peeps on servers during pre-launch so that come launch day there more spaces available... And even sometimes more servers... I'ld give it some time...

Zip

Sinnex

Post by Sinnex » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:22 am

Please hang around. If you think this is bad, Blizzard nearly killed WoW at launch. Carbine is doing it right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:43 am

Don't give up Moe! :( It will work its self out eventually. The great part about this game is someone can always mentor down to help you if you need it, so you won't be left just wandering around on your own. So hang in there! I haven't even tried playing on the Exiles side, and I am sure their queue is way worse than it is on the Dominion, but like a few have already said. The queue may say 2 hours, like it did last night, but I got in within 40 minutes. So they aren't always accurate. So keep trying!

Gouka
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by Gouka » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:30 am

Yes, please give them a week or so for it to calm down, particularly since the game hasn't even launched yet. Queues aren't unusual when a game goes live. SWtOR had large queues at launch but gave into popular demand by creating many additional servers... and then ended up with servers with low populations once the initial rush died down. You have the free month, so you don't have to make a decision until it's almost up. Unfortunately, it seems like you get home and log in at a very heavy load time, so your experience is consistently negative. I hope this weekend you have free time to log in during the morning and get through without a queue (or a very small one... Caretaker might be lower volume) and have a more positive experience. That might bolster you up for a while. :)

Lotharen
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Lotharen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:48 am

I have to agree with everyone here. Give them a week or so, you've paid for it already and have a month. Games have these issues at launch all the time, Final Fantasy was BAD! All those errors, full servers, all kinds of mishaps. I'm betting it will calm down before you month is out. Besides, you should be able to play on your off days and before you know it the game will be purring like a kitten with no issues once it all balances out.

ArcCannonMagus

Post by ArcCannonMagus » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:26 am

They are adding free realm transfers off stormtalon as well so that should help alleviate the server load.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk