The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Impressions of Milestones

Veurr

Impressions of Milestones

Post by Veurr » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:09 am

*Disclaimer minor spoilers contained in this post for those who have been avoiding Carbines released patch notes.*

So what is peoples first impression of the milestone system its been referred to in both patch notes and is one of the features that will most directly effect gameplay. I'm just speculating here but it sounds to like it will work very similar to Monster Hunters stat system. Which will be amazing.

For those perhaps unfamiliar with what I mean I'll try to provide an illustration. In Monster Hunter each piece of gear has a stat on it. Once you get 10 of any stat you unlock a passive ability related to that stat. It might increase your attack,provide more defense or allow you to sharpen your weapons more quickly. So generally cool stuff.

From reading over the Carbine notes concerning Milestones it seems like that will be a similar system. You get x amount of a stat say technology to unlock y passive ability. Which might be some amazing like making you cloak last longer or allowing you to live through a hit that would otherwise kill you. I'm sure that there are other things but those are the ones mentioned in the notes.

Is this what everyone else is reading on this? I'd also be interested in folks speculation as to whether there will be a core set of milestones or whether it will be class specific.

*Further disclaimer please try to keep discussions limited to information Carbine has released. Trying to invite speculation and discussion not give Steel an anurism.*

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Futon
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: Impressions of Milestones

Post by Futon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 am

you happen to have a link to the patch notes on this, im looking for some info on them atm, but cant find any detailed info on it atm, but ill keep looking

Veurr

Post by Veurr » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 am

I'm not sure I can link from my phone I'll try though.

Veurr

Post by Veurr » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:25 am

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/ ... beta_2.php