The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

40 Man Raid testing!

Veurr

Re: 40 Man Raid testing!

Post by Veurr » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Please let me know if you guys have spots. Willing to fill any role!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

NightAngel
Member 8 years
Member 8 years

Post by NightAngel » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Avicious wrote:
NightAngel wrote:
Shiera wrote:If someone will be willing to hold my hand and be patient with someone who has never done raiding before I will be willing to have my first go at it in Wildstar :oops:
Simple and basic rules to follow for raids: listen to instructions, don't talk during instructions, follow instructions given. It also helps to read up on a raid ahead of time if there are guides and walkthroughs. In this case it will be a learn as you go. :smile:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

And stay calm... everyone messes up from time to time :D
So true.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Kryton

Post by Kryton » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Not sure where to post this, but this seems a decent spot with 40 man raiding threads and head counts going on.

Is it perhaps better to specialize with for launch that we try to go with one faction as opposed to two? Maybe can have one faction for an alt guild of sorts, but the amount of personnel needed for raiding in this game (since it isn't 10s or 20s) has any thought come up yet so we have the biggest community possible rather than separate it into two? I know personally I favor Exiles but it isn't a big deal if more people want to go Dominion. I can always make an alt to see story worse case for me, it's more important that I get to do all the cool kid stuff with all the cool peeps rather than worry about numbers down the line. For a 40 man raiding guild to even work that's like at least 50ish people or little more who want to raid to make sure it's fully manned with casuals mixed with raider peeps.

What are your thoughts on this? Maintaining 100+ people for two different raiding groups seems like quite an undertaking. Heck, just maintaining -1- 40 man raiding group would be interesting.

Optimus
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Optimus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Kryton wrote:Not sure where to post this, but this seems a decent spot with 40 man raiding threads and head counts going on.

Is it perhaps better to specialize with for launch that we try to go with one faction as opposed to two? Maybe can have one faction for an alt guild of sorts, but the amount of personnel needed for raiding in this game (since it isn't 10s or 20s) has any thought come up yet so we have the biggest community possible rather than separate it into two? I know personally I favor Exiles but it isn't a big deal if more people want to go Dominion. I can always make an alt to see story worse case for me, it's more important that I get to do all the cool kid stuff with all the cool peeps rather than worry about numbers down the line. For a 40 man raiding guild to even work that's like at least 50ish people or little more who want to raid to make sure it's fully manned with casuals mixed with raider peeps.

What are your thoughts on this? Maintaining 100+ people for two different raiding groups seems like quite an undertaking. Heck, just maintaining -1- 40 man raiding group would be interesting.
Yeah, I have a *need* to play Mechari, but obviously for the sake of testing I think it makes the most sense to just stick to one side.

Echelon
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Echelon » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Optimus wrote:
Kryton wrote:Not sure where to post this, but this seems a decent spot with 40 man raiding threads and head counts going on.

Yeah, I have a *need* to play Mechari, but obviously for the sake of testing I think it makes the most sense to just stick to one side.
Right now we probably wont have a saying in the matter as to which faction were going to as Carbine will probably give us pre-made high level characters of said faction to work with.

Me personally I favor Exiles but I like both sides in general so if we DO have to pick a side one day as the raiding side. I really don't care which side we go with.

Optimus
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Optimus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Echelon wrote: Right now we probably wont have a saying in the matter as to which faction were going to as Carbine will probably give us pre-made high level characters of said faction to work with.

Me personally I favor Exiles but I like both sides in general so if we DO have to pick a side one day as the raiding side. I really don't care which side we go with.
That was my first thought as well, but I don't know if there will be racials or class differences or anything else that might require them to do testing on both factions. That doesn't mean they're not going to assign a faction to groups they choose to pull in, but I'm not certain it's going to be 100% locked down. Who knows?

Michigander
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Michigander » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:40 pm

I do know the first stress test was with the Exiles only and the second stress test was only with the Dominions! So it's pretty much fair game to see who they will favor! LOL
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!

Shadix

Post by Shadix » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 pm

Michigander wrote:I do know the first stress test was with the Exiles only and the second stress test was only with the Dominions! So it's pretty much fair game to see who they will favor! LOL
I don't mean to be "that" guy, but CBT 1 was exile, CBT 2 is currently dominion and both stress tests were Dominion as well :P

I believe Echelon is right in that Carbine will most likely offer 1 faction at a time to better coordinate the testing. That would make the most sense considering it's testing that is isolated from the CBT and stress testing.

Michigander
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Michigander » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:25 am

Shadix wrote:
Michigander wrote:I do know the first stress test was with the Exiles only and the second stress test was only with the Dominions! So it's pretty much fair game to see who they will favor! LOL
I don't mean to be "that" guy, but CBT 1 was exile, CBT 2 is currently dominion and both stress tests were Dominion as well :P

I believe Echelon is right in that Carbine will most likely offer 1 faction at a time to better coordinate the testing. That would make the most sense considering it's testing that is isolated from the CBT and stress testing.
I'll let you be that guy and I'll raise you a Vulcan or a Wookie! :lol:
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!

Naudica

Post by Naudica » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:52 am

I am in for 40 man Testing!!