The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Year and a Half of Raid Content

Livnthedream

Year and a Half of Raid Content

Post by Livnthedream » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Seems an off the cuff remark from Pax says they have a year and a half of raid content fairly ready to go. Here is the direct link to the reference, they start talking about Wildstar about a minute before this if you are interested in everything they have to say:
http://youtu.be/fKX1aZe0OgE?t=56m24s

Cercei
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Re: Year and a Half of Raid Content

Post by Cercei » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:21 pm

Livnthedream wrote:Seems an off the cuff remark from Pax says they have a year and a half of raid content fairly ready to go. Here is the direct link to the reference, they start talking about Wildstar about a minute before this if you are interested in everything they have to say:
http://youtu.be/fKX1aZe0OgE?t=56m24s
8-Bit Assassin is the coolest person you will ever meet on the internet so follow him on Twitter,Google+ and GTGN. Don't forget to sub to his YouTube Channel and Twitch Channel as well!

Azidex
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Azidex » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:06 am

this is why I want this game. Should be interesting to see all this!

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Novatek » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:11 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. But a year and a half of raid content? Yes please!
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Neial5546
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Neial5546 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Is that a year and a half of raid content based on casual play or actual content that will take that long to clear? Hardcore raiders will more than likely be drained of content within the first few months of launch easily sadly.

fazed
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by fazed » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:43 pm

Year sub already setup, now this makes me even happier.

magicrules
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by magicrules » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Novatek wrote:I'll believe it when I see it. But a year and a half of raid content? Yes please!
I agree. Until I see enough content that it takes 1.5 years to get thru I wont believe it. Guilds will crush raids faster than expected I think.

Trystant
Member 6 years
Member 6 years

Post by Trystant » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Hopefully this means that about every 3 months, they will be able to introduce a new raid. That is my hope. Hardcore guilds will, as always, blast thru content and raids. I would say that if they have at least 1 good raid drop every 3-4 months, that should keep everyone happy. The hardcore and the casual.

Also at the same time, I hope they have a good amount of pvp type content such as different areas they can introduce as well. Huttball in SWToR was fun for a while but with it seeming to be the main pvp instance, it got old rather quick.

Neial5546
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Neial5546 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:28 pm

The issue with raids releasing every 3-4 months is that it could please the hardcore person yes but the casual group could be discouraged from completing endgame because they won't have enough time to finish the current content. That's why all endgame stuff can be a double edged sword most of the time.

bbates024
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by bbates024 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 pm

I hope they have a major patch coming out every quarter. I've heard some talk that they expect to have a very fast pace or updates, something akin to GW2 or Lineage 2. Does that mean major raid content every month, I doubt it, but if they had a pvp zones new 50 dungeons, maybe some ten man stuff all of that would be awesome!.