The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Regional play

Streeg
Member 9 years
Member 9 years

Regional play

Post by Streeg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:59 pm

I'm not sure if this affects anyone but this saddens me to hear.
The region you purchase WildStar in determines which servers you have access to (North America or Europe). WildStar does not support cross-region play.
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/preorder/

magicrules
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Regional play

Post by magicrules » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:23 pm

I mentioned this in the preorder thread. I think it is stupid personally because of guilds like ours where we have people all over the place that may want to play with friends outside their "region". But to each game their own I guess.

Shiera
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Shiera » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Their way of dealing with RMTs right off the bat maybe? It is sad though that guilds like ours will get separated by something like this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Kemble

Post by Kemble » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Possible to have our NA players purchase NA copies for our Euro players and just send them the keys?
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda

Streeg
Member 9 years
Member 9 years

Post by Streeg » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:16 am

Possible to have our NA players purchase NA copies for our Euro players and just send them the keys?
Well my concern is that this may have been done for a reason. In a telegraph action style combat game, latency becomes more important. They may have determined that an EU player connecting to a NA server would be enough latency to make the game almost unplayable. You may get hit by a telegraph before you even see it on your screen. Probably most noticeable in raids and PvP. I'd hate to see an EU person buy the game and then not be able to enjoy playing it. Just something to consider.

Steelheart

Post by Steelheart » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 am

We can always create regional Guilds if it comes to that. We just need to acertain the interest for them, and then will need to see if we can find leaders as well. Rather this be a last resort.

Kemble

Post by Kemble » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:19 am

WildStar codes are region-specific. The region you purchase WildStar in determines which servers you have access to (North America or Europe). WildStar does not support cross-region play. To clarify, if you purchase a North American code, you will have access to the North American servers only, regardless of where you are. The same applies to European codes. If you purchase a European code, you will have access to the European servers only, regardless of where you are.

If you are in a different country than another who you wish to play WildStar with, both of you must purchase the same type of code (North American or European) so that you will have access to the same servers.

Source: https://support.wildstar-online.com/ent ... -order-FAQ
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda

Smog

Post by Smog » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:15 am

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case with wildstar was looking forward to pve on na and pvp on euro. Guess it will have to be euro servers only now :(
A.k.A Blovis