Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Wykkd's Mail Return Bot

Addon information and discussion
Nazareth
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Wykkd's Mail Return Bot

Post by Nazareth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:41 pm

I was thinking of running this for all the crafters to be able mail themselves items.

I do however have some concerns about this.
1. Did they intend people not to be able to send mail to alts? Or was it just the current design do to using
ID instead of character.
2. If it was designed purposely that way, then would this be an exploit?
Mail can be returned with out a program just by opening and hitting return, this just automates it,
saving time.

Just a couple concerns before I enable it in game. It comes threw with ESO Essentials via Minion app manager.

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Wykkd's Mail Return Bot

Post by Sera » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:53 pm

There's no need to mail your alts since your bank is a shard space between all your characters: deposit the item and withdraw on the alt you want it on. It's a bit of a pain since you actually have to go to a bank but I think they're in most of the cities.

Nazareth
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Nazareth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:56 pm

That is was one way I was looking at it also, via shared bank but this has a couple advantages first your characters wouldn't have to leave the crafting station, and if you are close to maxing out bank slots this would allow you to still get items to alts.

Hietala
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Hietala » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:04 pm

It will be easy to fill up bank slots with crafting mats... do know I already used that method a couple betas ago with Martine. Sent him gear for my alt, had him return to sender so I wouldn't have to bother going to the bank. lol
Some days all one can do is watch while the mind wages war on itself, the destruction of the emotions, self-esteem and thoughts; all the while praying that one faction doesn't cry to "launch the missiles." -- Me

Krezon

Post by Krezon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:56 pm

Watch them add a 24hour mail timer. lol

All joking aside; it's just making something you can already do more convenient.

Smark
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Smark » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Someone may have touched on my plan earlier.

My plan is to get in the game as soon as possible to create my main character in my primary alt. I then plan on filling up the rest of my character slots (-1) with general characters that I use to save favorite names.

I will then take these general characters to the bank and use them as long-term storage for glyphs or food items. Short-term storage such as weapons to break down and mats for blacksmithing will be kept in my bank for use of my two playable characters.

My hope is that I can store collectible items in a couple characters so that later on when I have more free time on my laptop at school I can do something with those other mats.
No matter how great and destructive your problems may seem now, remember, you've probably only seen the tip of them.
Dispair.com

Theos
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Theos » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Personally I would like a Wykkd mailing partner :)

Nazareth
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Nazareth » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:34 am

Theos wrote:Personally I would like a Wykkd mailing partner :)
I will enable it while I am on. I doubt it works unless you are logged in. So if I am on go ahead and bounce them off me.