The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Addons for this weekend

Addon information and discussion
babylon

Re: Addons for this weekend

Post by babylon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:17 am

a3surd wrote:It looks like the most recent API changes have gutted the entire Addon community. From what I understand you will now only see your damage, damage done to you.

They removed API features:
you can only see your own damage numbers now
you can see how much damage you take, but not what kind of damage (no spell info) or from who (which player hit you). What kind of damage might seem obvious, but in this game, there is for example a fireball spell that does not do fire damage...
you can no longer see your Resistances, spell penetration, critical damage...etc. They restricted character information.
You can no longer see enemy cast bars
You can no longer see your own buffs (short buffs), in a buff window (the buff animations are still there) ie: lightning form, critical surge, mutagen (you can see food buffs, and it seems, buffs that last a minute or more)
You can no longer see what any other player picks up (loot window is restricted)

They really need to look at this decision and make a better decision. Here is a link to the Reddit Post
Going to have to see how this affects gameplay before I start shouting at them.
placeholder^

Sera
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Sera » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 am

Yep.. after playing with and without addons the only thing I'll miss is being able to see how much health (in numbers) my target has left. It made a hell of a difference knowing if I was about to plink a minion that had 400 heath, or if it was an elite with 4,000 health. Now we'll be back to seeing nothing but a red bar for your targets health.

babylon

Post by babylon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:26 am

Sera wrote:Yep.. after playing with and without addons the only thing I'll miss is being able to see how much health (in numbers) my target has left. It made a hell of a difference knowing if I was about to plink a minion that had 400 heath, or if it was an elite with 4,000 health. Now we'll be back to seeing nothing but a red bar for your targets health.
Some skills need you to know when the target has low health before they're useful, why aren't they adding native support for a low health indicator, or are we supposed to watch the enemy hp bar and estimate what "low health" means :?

Combat happens way too fast and we need to react to other things/move for us to watch hp bars and so on.
placeholder^

a3surd
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by a3surd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 am

I agree that I want to be able to at least see percentages and numbers for health and damage done/taken. I would also like to see buffs/debuffs to at least my party members, otherwise healing will be a pretty girl.

AAugust
COG Member
COG Member

Post by AAugust » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:24 am

I am hopeful that the add on community will find a work around. If not though, I will adapt and overcome.

Theos
Member 7 years
Member 7 years

Post by Theos » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Yeah the changes made to addons is severely limiting, especially since it doesn't make any sense. Why can't I see my own party's buffs and all? Come on!

a3surd
Member 3 years
Member 3 years

Post by a3surd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 pm

I just hope they add that stuff to the basic ui

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kyrielle Atrinati

Post by Kyrielle Atrinati » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:29 am

Just to clarify some things, I was watching Atropos' stream last night where he was showing the current FTC add-on post-API nerf. Here's what you could see:
  • Numbers on all of your resources
    Numbers on the target's health
    Your buffs lasting longer than 30 seconds
    Incoming damage/healing (numbers only)
    Outgoing damage/healing (numbers, abilities, and damage type)
    FTC-style nameplates
    Scrolling text
So, we have almost all the basic things aside from short-term buffs and any debuffs.

Atropos mentioned he would like to work on the add-on a little more to see what other functionality he can squeeze out of the API before launch.

Nazareth
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Nazareth » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:02 pm

They need to make all self buffs visible no matter duration. Along side this if you can not see debuffs on other party members, how exactly is a healer to know when to purge?

babylon

Post by babylon » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:59 pm

All Wykkyd's addons apart from the framework is broken right now and can't be updated through Minion (also can't be downloaded from ESO UI either, says files aren't approved for download). The old versions are still downloadable from Curse.
placeholder^