The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Raid performance and rules?

Moderators: Sumsion, Schmo

Cherwin

Raid performance and rules?

Post by Cherwin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:13 am

Hey everyone,

Really enjoyed my first week of raiding with the guild. Such a chill group. So much fun. As someone with very little raid experience, I don't want my insecurities about my own performance to take away from our chill atmosphere. There are alot of moving parts that I struggle to keep track of and I just want to make sure I am doing my part correctly. I am willing to guess I am not alone in this. As progression is what all of us desire.

With everything that Cata set up being archived, I am curious to know what our expectations are going forward? After tonight's raid, I installed some "required" addons based on this post in the archives. Please let me know if these are still the right addons to have installed so the Raid Leaders can provide that coveted feedback. I also don't mind being called out in the group if it helps me improve.

Creed
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Raid performance and rules?

Post by Creed » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:56 am

FIrst of all.......

Anything that cata posted has now been considered null and void. Do not pay attention to anything cata posted as far as raid requirements.......unless noted as helpful information. We are a brand new wow alliance guild with new ideas.

Second.

Now that we have a RL, im pretty certain that he will start writing up posts to cover some of the requirements of the raids. If youre using addons and have all your consumables, then youre all good.

Update: Sorry didnt mean to sound rude in this post....i had a LFR pop on me lol.

@Cherwen, dont worry about being all cross fingered in these raids....im like that and find that i struggle a bit myself but dont worry about it too much. We are no longer hard core progressing like someone else was doing.

@ everyone else....we are all here to learn these fights and we will all screw up. Stand back and a have a nice chuckle about it and try try again. :)
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

Cherwin

Post by Cherwin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:08 am

Creed wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:56 am
FIrst of all.......

Anything that cata posted has now been considered null and void. Do not pay attention to anything cata posted as far as raid requirements.......unless noted as helpful information. We are a brand new wow alliance guild with new ideas.

Second.

Now that we have a RL, im pretty certain that he will start writing up posts to cover some of the requirements of the raids. If youre using addons and have all your consumables, then youre all good.

Update: Sorry didnt mean to sound rude in this post....i had a LFR pop on me lol.

@Cherwen, dont worry about being all cross fingered in these raids....im like that and find that i struggle a bit myself but dont worry about it too much. We are no longer hard core progressing like someone else was doing.

@ everyone else....we are all here to learn these fights and we will all screw up. Stand back and a have a nice chuckle about it and try try again. :)
I appreciate all of your comments, even the "rude" ones (jk - didn't take any of your comments as rude). I will learn to relax a bit and not worry as much as I run with you guys and girls. Just going to throw one more thought out there to add on what you have said. Nothing against hardcore raiders (for those that the shoe fits -- you do you boo) but I really like this guild alot more after the split.

Sumsion
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Post by Sumsion » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Our Battle for Azeroth Raid Guidelines are posted! Please see this post: viewtopic.php?f=719&t=52138

Cherwin

Post by Cherwin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:36 am

Sumsion wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:45 pm
Our Battle for Azeroth Raid Guidelines are posted! Please see this post: viewtopic.php?f=719&t=52138
Thank you. It's a good post and makes sense.