The forums have been archived!
Please visit our Discord server: https://discord.gg/grievance

Disney has canceled Marvel Heroes

Novatek
Charter Member
Charter Member

Disney has canceled Marvel Heroes

Post by Novatek » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:16 pm

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way"
Family - Honor - Loyalty

UEE Citizen Record #66506

Sirmalekk
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Disney has canceled Marvel Heroes

Post by Sirmalekk » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Just curious how long until it is replaced with some form of MMO. The only thing I can come up with for the reason behind this is they did not like the direction the game was going and Gazillion refused to cave in on demands knowing it would cause a lot of player rage. So Disney said Bye and thusly many angry former players refused to accept this and try to get the money back they paid in.

Dirty business if you ask me how Disney works its business deals anymore but I think they want more open worldish like WoW for the MCU since they had such a huge fallout on microtransaction with Battlefront 2. I still find it funny they terminated the entire game division and even ended they toy based game they had. Only the movies seem to matter anymore.
Working my way thru this life one video game at a time... or trying only one at a time anyhow.

Rinuven

Re: Disney has canceled Marvel Heroes

Post by Rinuven » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:30 pm

I played mho for ages on and off I loved it but Disney want an open world mmorpg more in the neverwinter or wow style with a pay 2 play model from what I read.
I also read that SWToR was being looked at by disney but it seems they passed the test ( or at least haven;t been able to find anything saying otherwise yet ).

Now if I can just find that article again.... will look around for it.